JB Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of some of the coveted colorways this year, how many folks are close to their JB retirement?
my three to retirement were.... bred 4s(check)
Now playoff 12 and oly 7.... then I’m out ...

Wait. Maybe white/red 17s

Over 40 here. I retired years ago, then got sucked back in with the "remastered" series.

I know the feeling. I get one foot out the door, and get pulled back in by something. I think JB is purposely withholding certain models, because they know a lot of us would be done.

I definitely think there is a turning point, when the kicks start not to appeal to you like they once did. The game has definitely changed, and not exactly for the better. There are things more important than sneakers (i.g. buying a home, financial stability, traveling, etc.)

Over 40 here. I retired years ago, then got sucked back in with the "remastered" series.

I know the feeling. I get one foot out the door, and get pulled back in by something. I think JB is purposely withholding certain models, because they know a lot of us would be done.
Yup. Regardless of what their strategy happens to be, the number of shoes I buy per year is dependent entirely on what they happen to release, and how satisfied I am with the shoe itself. Once I bought the OG DMP in January 2006, I don't think I bought three pairs of Jordans for the next 10 years. The quality was garbage, they were hard to get, and they barely put out any models/colorways I cared about. And then, between 2016 and by the end of this year, I'll have bought: WC IVs, white/black 9s, Indiglo 14s, playoff 12 lows, white/navy 16s, BC IVs, Space Jams, Concords, Navy snakeskin 11 lows, emerald lows, Baron lows, FoF 33s, Jumpman Swift 6s, and black/red 11s. If they had only put out five of those shoes, then I would have only bought five Jordans in the past three years. I was laughing as the past few years unfolded for this exact reason. They went from a decade of nothing to dropping a huge amount of things I had been waiting years for. It was pretty bizarre to me, but it was also excellent LOL

I definitely think there is a turning point, when the kicks start not to appeal to you like they once did. The game has definitely changed, and not exactly for the better. There are things more important than sneakers (i.g. buying a home, financial stability, traveling, etc.)
It's funny, I feel the opposite in my 40s LOL. My love for sneakers has somehow actually been rekindled in the past few years. There are definitely more important things, though. Personally, as I said, I don't spend enough on sneakers that it's affecting my ability to do anything else. $2K spread across 12 months isn't exactly life-altering money.

I'm always gonna be a connoisseur lol. But I had slowed down considerably. I was only buying Nike's most of the time and would get maybe 2 or 3 Jordans a year until- "The Remastered" Nike Airs. They have me hook, line, and sinker. I've been on a rampage getting 3's (My favorite Jordan off all time)! 4,5,6s. Remastered 11's. But when Nike Air goes I'm out of the Jordan game (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom