Jim Rome vs David Stern - rome beats his wife and the nba lottery was fixed

Stern is a douche, flat out.

Rome is gold. he did a thing about jeremiah masoli and it was one of the funniest things i've ever heard

Originally Posted by DubA169

They ran a poll and in USA Today which is basically as average a paper as you can get. And more than 70 percent of the participants said that they think the nba rigged the draft.

So whether the nba rigs the lottery or not. Stern has a huge perception problem. Therefore the question is fair. I do agree he could have worded is Better.

The lottery should be streaming on the Internet.

Exactly. If Stern is this fed up with be questioned then do something about it. He has two obvious and very easy options. 
1. Take away the lottery and just be like every other league. There's no point in having a lottery other than to be in control. Teams will tank the season on purpose either way...whether its to get a higher pick or to get more ping pong balls. 

2. Show the actual lottery. I'd love to hear an explanation as to why everything has to be hidden.

People really aren't getting what Stern was doing with that response. He responded to a loaded, accusatory question (without merit) with an even more outrageous accusatory question (equally without merit). He was making a point, not attacking Rome. And Stern even ANSWERED the subject of the question. Not the question itself, but the subject. Rome couldn't even handle that. That's why Stern ended the conversation the way he did. Rome kept poking the bear, and Stern eventually told him to screw himself.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

roll.gif

Did dude really beat his wife?
No he does not.
It was just a loaded question to illustrate to Rome that his question about the draft was unfair. 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

People really aren't getting what Stern was doing with that response. He responded to a loaded, accusatory question (without merit) with an even more outrageous accusatory question (equally without merit). He was making a point, not attacking Rome. And Stern even ANSWERED the subject of the question. Not the question itself, but the subject. Rome couldn't even handle that. That's why Stern ended the conversation the way he did. Rome kept poking the bear, and Stern eventually told him to screw himself.
I think this went over many people's head.

Originally Posted by Steinbeckballa

Second time photoshopping, but hope yall enjoy.

Stern with dat ether

35ipt02.png

roll.gif
roll.gif

Jim was trolling with that question but Stern was a coward for the way he handled it. He's always came off as a little old punk.

Stern dont give two %$$@$, and I don't know whether to respect and
pimp.gif
it, or look at him as a d-bag.

Regardless , rigged or not, y'all still watching so stern wins

Rome asked him a silly question, so Stern asked a silly question back

I like how Rome never said "no I didn't beat my wife" hahaha, he just said "thats not a fair question"

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Man +!+$ David Stern for this!!

Stern has no right to bring up personal family issues with another man and his wife. In no way, shape or form what Jim Rome does to his wife is disgusting, however - you don't make it personal with another man because he questions the dignity of the sport WE ALL WATCH.

Stern once again proving why he is scumbag, worthless human being. I really hope Jim Rome takes this to another level.

I feel like David Stern just started a war with Jim.

No way this is acceptable by Stern, and some of you should feel shamed for applauding him.

#*%+ Stern. He is a scum bag

Originally Posted by KMante

Nah, that was a acute retort, him iish'n on Rome's career was what I thought was unnecessary. Should've known that question was coming, hell he was the one asking to "really get into it".

Listening to it again, it was a fair question to ask, he did his job, its been a big topic of conversation.... but the way Rome worded it, he pretty much asked to be abased by Stern.

David Stern 
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

That interview was awesome IMO.... Nothing wrong with Jim rome asking that questions but the way he word it was not great at all

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Originally Posted by KMante

Nah, that was a acute retort, him iish'n on Rome's career was what I thought was unnecessary. Should've known that question was coming, hell he was the one asking to "really get into it".

Listening to it again, it was a fair question to ask, he did his job, its been a big topic of conversation.... but the way Rome worded it, he pretty much asked to be abased by Stern.
Again, the subject of the question is fair. The way it was delivered was not fair. Rome directly accused Stern of rigging the lottery. Stern had every right to come right back at him the way he did. And then he proceeded to give a good response based on the subject of the question (rather than the direct accusation). And then he launched into his tirade about Rome's career and all his antics. There's nothing Stern said in the entire exchange that was out of line. Rome started it by asking a question that was completely out of line.

What Romey should of asked is whether its a conflict of interest for the commissioner of the NBA to veto a trade for a team currently owned by the NBA and to then also have that same team win the draft lottery.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

That was corny.

What Rome asked wasn't out of bounds at all. Stern sounded like an idiot.

The subject isn’t out of bounds, but the approach wasanatagonistic and accusatory. There are better ways to bring it up. Instead ofa personal attack (which is what the question was), phrase it as such: “what isyour reaction to the notion that people feel the lottery is rigged?

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Stern word play and tone was ill...dude showed no emotion

I agree
laugh.gif
it was like he went into "oh ya gonna cry about it now?" tone. I can just see him leaning back in his chair as he answered. so funny

Originally Posted by vanexellent

What Romey should of asked is whether its a conflict of interest for the commissioner of the NBA to veto a trade for a team currently owned by the NBA and to then also have that same team win the draft lottery.

I agree. its all about how you ask it. your question sounds volumes better than "I know that you appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, was the fix in for the lottery?"

Originally Posted by MaxElite

The "beat your wife" comment went over some of you guys' heads.

Went over most of their heads
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Not a fan of either but Stern is a piece of #%+@ and I can't stand him. Stern had a year full of mistakes and knows it, blocking the LA trade and the "lottery" draft. For him to come out and attack Rome like that is beyond weak.

No, he made a mistake not blocking the Gasol trade a couple seasons ago.  I consider it even now...

Originally Posted by Backirvine

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

That was corny.

What Rome asked wasn't out of bounds at all. Stern sounded like an idiot.

The subject isn’t out of bounds, but the approach wasanatagonistic and accusatory. There are better ways to bring it up. Instead ofa personal attack (which is what the question was), phrase it as such: “what isyour reaction to the notion that people feel the lottery is rigged?

Both were going for the jugular, but I think Stern was out of line though. He should be used to these questions and allegations. He usually is calm and I think Rome struck a nerve

LOL @ "cheap thrills." I'm in tears @ work right now. Rome was definitely tight after that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom