Jimmie Johnson wins AP Male Athlete of the Year

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

There's thousands of regular jobs that people do in heat.

*still dead*

*still waiting for an explanation on how Jimmie Johnson is an ATHLETE*

explain how golfers are athletes...is it because they walk 18 holes?

*still dead*

It always kills me when people think racing in nascar is like some joy ride.

Just get in and drive without a care in the world
laugh.gif

I guess you would have actually had to watch the sport a few times to understand.

So a man who drives a car in a circle many times beats out kobe, lebron, arod, jeter, and tiger? kobe shudve gotten it

I realize NASCAR is tough and takes some skill and guts.... but that does not make him an athlete...

This is a shame they gave this award to a damn car driver... Kobe, LeBron, Peyton, Tiger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally Posted by wohcttank

*still dead*

No, because it takes strength, flexibility and accuracy to hit the golf ball. Have you seen some of the shots guys hit on tour? Hitting out of high roughs,sand, and other lies requires athletic ability.

Originally Posted by wohcttank

*still dead*

No, because it takes strength, flexibility and accuracy to hit the golf ball. Have you seen some of the shots guys hit on tour? Hitting out of high roughs, sand, and other lies requires athletic ability.
the same strength and accuracy it takes to control a 3,400lb car going 180mph through a wreck of 6 cars? Have you seen some of the evasivemanuevers made by NASCAR drivers to avoid pile ups? It requires athletic ability.

People are often surprised by the amount of physical training racers do. What's your regimen?
There's a very extensive training program. [NASCAR races] are four to five hours in length. The g-forces take a lot out of you. I lift weights four times a week, usually run five days a week. There's ab work, core-based work. You need your lungs for endurance. And the more you muscle mass you have on you during an impact is real important.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1943363,00.html#ixzz0aN64hlRr

Golf is more of a sport than NASCAR bruh.

Golf involves physical exertion, as does Football, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball...etc...

NASCAR you turn left....for 500 hundred miles. Don't give me the spill about how hot it is in their cars either...There's thousands of regular jobs that people do in heat.

I don't think golf is much of a sport either or requires great athleticism.....................but this is real.
laugh.gif

The award doesn't have to go to an American right? Bolt, Pacquiao, hell Anderson Silva would've be better.
pimp.gif

Dudes in here can't go 70 MPH without wreckin their Corolla's and they bad mouthin guys goin 200 + with 40 other drivers doin the same thing for over 3hours????

Those who say Jimmie shouldn't be it, who do YOU think should be the Athlete of the year? Then we have somethin to go off of.

The car does more work than the driver. Should be eliminated on that alone.

Same goes for jockeys. The horse does the most work.

When you are in or on something that is working harder than you, you dont deserve the award.

LMAO @ 2 Clevelanders going at it.
roll.gif
smh.gif

Like previously stated, driving a car doesn't make you an ATHLETE.

A -"What do you do for a living sir?"

B -"I'm a professional athlete."

A - "Wow! What sport do you play?"

B -"I drive cars."

A -
Spoiler [+]
a4vu4y.jpg

laugh.gif
@ yall ... ehh i wouldn't have given it to JJ .... w/o the new points system ... Gordon would have won 1 of those 4 ... i plead the 5th on nascarbeing a sport

Athlete? Nascars cool and i watch and do rally/ formula drift but drivers arent athletes. There drivers. Its difficult to drive high performance cars but itsalso hard to cut down a tree.

I can appreciate how hard it is to be a NASCAR driver but come on...

they are not ATHLETES. They sit in a cot-pit and press the gas while they steer

a vehicle around in circles.

USAIN BOLT was the only deserving athlete for this award. he's doing thing that the world
has never seen before. He got robbed.

I'm not gonna argue the athlete/sport part...but to me the athlete of the year was Manny Pacquiao without question.

He destroyed a world class Jr. Welterweight champion in Ricky Hatton.

He dismantled perhaps the best Welterweight in the world in Miguel Cotto.

And he single handedly brought boxing back from a low point and made it somewhat relevant again.

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

I can appreciate how hard it is to be a NASCAR driver but come on...

they are not ATHLETES. They sit in a cot-pit and press the gas while they steer

a vehicle around in circles.

USAIN BOLT was the only deserving athlete for this award. he's doing thing that the world
has never seen before. He got robbed.
AYO!!!

^ How is the word "cot" AYO?

NTers always going for the lulz.

Agreed, Bolt or Pacquiao shoulda ran away with this award.

Back
Top Bottom