Jimmie Johnson wins AP Male Athlete of the Year

Only athlete/team to come out of San Diego and be a Champion.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

I'm not gonna argue the athlete/sport part...but to me the athlete of the year was Manny Pacquiao without question.

He destroyed a world class Jr. Welterweight champion in Ricky Hatton.

He dismantled perhaps the best Welterweight in the world in Miguel Cotto.

And he single handedly brought boxing back from a low point and made it somewhat relevant again.

lol

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Golf is more of a sport than NASCAR bruh.

Golf involves physical exertion, as does Football, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball...etc...

NASCAR you turn left....for 500 hundred miles. Don't give me the spill about how hot it is in their cars either...There's thousands of regular jobs that people do in heat.

I'de love to see you try to drive a car 175-190 mph, in a suit, helmet, in 120-130 degree heat for 2-3 hours straight.

Athlete of the year
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Gee were happy for you. You drove a car to the left better than anyone else this year. Must be the best athlete inthe world then.

NASCAR has the best marketing people in the business and have for quite some time.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I'm not gonna argue the athlete/sport part...but to me the athlete of the year was Manny Pacquiao without question.

And he single handedly brought boxing back from a low point and made it somewhat relevant again.

lol
What?

Cotto was a top tier Welterweight.

After he beat De La Hoya, the mainstream media started looking for him. When he massacred Hatton, he became THE boxer to watch. And the Cotto fight was thebiggest PPV draw in years.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

lol
What?

Cotto was a top tier Welterweight.

After he beat De La Hoya, the mainstream media started looking for him. When he massacred Hatton, he became THE boxer to watch. And the Cotto fight was the biggest PPV draw in years.
this.

i dont think nascar drivers are athletes either BUT he did dominate his "sport" the way tiger did so maybe this is how they looked at athlete of theyear

OCM is just salty his boy Lebron didnt win it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Athlete of the year
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Gee were happy for you. You drove a car to the left better than anyone else this year. Must be the best athlete in the world then.
This.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

A lot of ignorance in this thread.

Say word. Its disgusting
smh.gif
smh.gif

If NASCAR wasnt a @%%%@$# sport, and Jimmie Johnson wasnt a @%%%@$# athlete then he wouldnt have been on the @%%%@$# ballot. Some of you people are so @%%%@$#******ed its unreal.

Jimmie Johnson absolutely domininated NASCAR this year. You think Tiger would get an award for anything at this point? No Kobe,LeBron? Lets be serious. JimmieJohnson definitely deserved the award.

I knew this **+% was gunna be a huge debate about NASCAR and its drivers not being and sport and athletes
smh.gif
smh.gif

2010 Athlete of the Year: Phil Ivey

2011 Athlete of the Year: Winner of the ESPN spelling bee that year

2012 Athlete of the Year: Winner of the Nathans Hot Dog Eating contest

Serena Williams just won 2009 female athlete of the year. They should've given it to Danica Patrick.

NASCAR is not a sport - NASCAR is entertainment. I view NASCAR drivers the same way I view professional wrestlers, but that's just me. /shrugs

If NASCAR wasnt a #!+%%$+ sport, and Jimmie Johnson was a #!+%%$+ athlete then he wouldnt have been on the #!+%%$+ ballot. Some of you people are so #!+%%$+ ******ed its unreal.
eek.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
at these ignorant responses in here. On that note, can't wait until the Daytona 500
pimp.gif

i had to google jimmie johnson to figure out who he is, what he looks like, and what he's accomplished. i'm not really impressed, how would he do inother top racing leagues, f1 or rally or something like that. can he turn right?

i can see why people consider driving a sport; you need great reflexes, coordination, stamina, focus, and a tolerance of discomfort, but in the end, driving acar requires a very specific set of those skills that i can't qualify as "athletic"

If NASCAR wasnt a @%%%@$# sport, and Jimmie Johnson wasnt a @%%%@$# athlete then he wouldnt have been on the @%%%@$# ballot. Some of you people are so @%%%@$# ******ed its unreal.

Jimmie Johnson absolutely domininated NASCAR this year. You think Tiger would get an award for anything at this point? No Kobe,LeBron? Lets be serious. Jimmie Johnson definitely deserved the award.

I knew this **+% was gunna be a huge debate about NASCAR and its drivers not being and sport and athletes
smh.gif
smh.gif

damn doggie you are so mad, tell us why. seriously, explain the appeal of nascar, i'm interested to know

I'm not gonna defend NASCAR, I'll leave that to others. But I'd LOVE to get some of the people in here into a real car for a 2.5 hour race.Speaking from extensive experience, even the professed "athletic" ones in here would be hurting from a little formula renault or even formula bmw carnonetheless a world series, f3000, gp2 or, heaven forbid, f1 car. The training regimens of the world's top drivers are insane. Whether or not NASCARqualifies for that is debatable and something I honestly don't care about. But other forms of driving absolutely do. If Jenson Bbutton can go and do a 2 hr7 min triathlon from only his normal training regimen for driving, that's an athlete.

Back
Top Bottom