Job hunting is more challenging than getting the actual degree Vol. Jobs/ Experience

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Miss me with that ol who know stuff. I've known a few people for years with high positions, non-professionally and still cant get anywhere. Maybe they low-key hate me lolol
hahahaha you also kinda gotta have skills (not saying you dont)

i am very careful who i recommend or vouch for professionally.  not that my name/reputation carries any weight, but i'm not trying to make myself look any worse by vouching for some lazy shleprock.  for instance, i have not and will not ever vouch for my baby sister or recommend her to any of my friends, colleagues, whoever because i know she has a poor work ethic.

Miss me with that ol who know stuff. I've known a few people for years with high positions, non-professionally and still cant get anywhere. Maybe they low-key hate me lolol

LOL Knowing the right people MIGHT be able to get you an Interview, but unless the person you know is the one that makes the hiring decision, you still gotta put in work.

LOL Knowing the right people MIGHT be able to get you an Interview, but unless the person you know is the one that makes the hiring decision, you still gotta put in work.

I'm in the same situation. Got a bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering. That was this time last year

I'm in the same situation. Got a bachelors degree in Electronic Engineering. That was this time last year

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Anybody gettin the "overqualified" tag

I tried to apply at a department store that just opened and I got the ax just based on my resume
I can't get a job at Wal-mart to save my life. 

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Anybody gettin the "overqualified" tag

I tried to apply at a department store that just opened and I got the ax just based on my resume
I can't get a job at Wal-mart to save my life. 

Who You Know > Your Experience > The Degree & What You Know...
Graduated 3 Weeks Ago, Got Some Optimism Bout A Couple Offers But Its Soley Off Recommendations/Referrals/Networking

Who You Know > Your Experience > The Degree & What You Know...
Graduated 3 Weeks Ago, Got Some Optimism Bout A Couple Offers But Its Soley Off Recommendations/Referrals/Networking

i'm gonna be super real fams...

i HATE seeing people say they're going to give up.

i dont know you personally, but if i ever see you put that again, i will flame you, then come to your house and kick you in the throat.

YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.

no ifs, ands, or buts about it. you have got to keep your head held high and keep pressing.

you need to go other places than where you go. i hate to say it, but do some lowkey facebook and twitter stalking. find out the people that are doing the jobs you want to do, and do that.

bump into them at the gym, see them at the coffe shop, or at your kids PTA meeting.

i honestly think alot more jobs are being handed out when they meet people in a casual manner, or something ASIDE from dropping an application.

keep your head up, bro.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'm gonna be super real fams...

i HATE seeing people say they're going to give up.

i dont know you personally, but if i ever see you put that again, i will flame you, then come to your house and kick you in the throat.

YOU GOT TO KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.

no ifs, ands, or buts about it. you have got to keep your head held high and keep pressing.

you need to go other places than where you go. i hate to say it, but do some lowkey facebook and twitter stalking. find out the people that are doing the jobs you want to do, and do that.

bump into them at the gym, see them at the coffe shop, or at your kids PTA meeting.

i honestly think alot more jobs are being handed out when they meet people in a casual manner, or something ASIDE from dropping an application.

keep your head up, bro.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Work on that portfolio, Freelance, Freelance leads to networking, Networking Lands a job. No job yet.
Still got my freelance hustle that can lead to my personal business.
That's how I'm going about my situation right now. Stay positive fam, there's always
a solution.

Work on that portfolio, Freelance, Freelance leads to networking, Networking Lands a job. No job yet.
Still got my freelance hustle that can lead to my personal business.
That's how I'm going about my situation right now. Stay positive fam, there's always
a solution.

Networking is key. After college, I took the summer off partied and traveled the world. Came back home and I hollared at all my connects and got a job immediately at a CPA Firm with minimal effort due to a Fraternity brother. However I also had other jobs lined up for interviews. It helped being active with your Major's dept faculty. I also held other officer positions in various school social clubs and student professional clubs. I did a lot of volunteer work for the University and worked for the campus police so I was very involved with my university.

Networking is key. After college, I took the summer off partied and traveled the world. Came back home and I hollared at all my connects and got a job immediately at a CPA Firm with minimal effort due to a Fraternity brother. However I also had other jobs lined up for interviews. It helped being active with your Major's dept faculty. I also held other officer positions in various school social clubs and student professional clubs. I did a lot of volunteer work for the University and worked for the campus police so I was very involved with my university.

Back
Top Bottom