Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by DMan14

damn, im in the same situation. hadnt worked full time since feb08

had a pt job, but that company cutting back hrs and now im not even really working

i use to be able to get a call or an interview, now the phone doesnt even ring and nobody responds to emails

might even have to go work retail, but they look at you like why? if you have a degree
QFT x 100

I'm like, "why not hire someone that you know has some sense?" Right now, a commissioned retail job is what's doing it...I can make dough if I put in the work...I just need the opp

real talk though, coming from the position of the retail spot (i used to be an AM at champs) ... you're not really lookin to hire folks like that, becauseif they get a call in two days for a "real job" ... they'll mash out like its nothin.

harsh reality, but dudes aint tryin to hire folks they believe to be "flight risks" ...

co mother !%+%*@ sign! ... my current job didnt give me that BIG promotion for that very reason ... they know the highest they can go in salaray is aboutaverage for where i COULD be in a few months ... so they wont commit to me, but they cant fire me because i would sue the #%%! outta them as i am one of thebest in the entire company for what i do ... and yes it would be possible to sue because of certain factors i dont wish to discuss

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Got an interview with Dell (Austin, Texas) tuesday,

Interview with Merrill Lynch (Houston, Texas) on March 7th

An interview with Baker Hughes(Houston) around the end of April

And an interview with Gexpro (Houston) on March 6th.

Wish me luck NT... I'm seriously hustling my tail off so I won't have to sit at home and watch TV ALL-DAY-LONG this summer.
that is a nice list for even getting interviews. what school u go to if you dont mind asking, and what type of positions you interviewing for?

are any of you jobless and frustrated NTers a good web designer with a site and portfolio i can look at? PM me your site info if so, thanks.

I PRAY TO GOD EVERYDAY THAT I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO LAND A GOOD ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING JOB RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE. A LOT OF THE GUYS I GRADUATED WITH WERENT SOLUCKY.

I was like that when i graduated from school in Fall 07. From Jan.08- September08 I was looking for a job. I found one now doing Desktop Support. You justgotta keep grinding. I applied for jobs on monster.com carrierbuilder.com washingtonpost.com hotjobs.com teksystems.com saic.com dcjobs.com craigslist.com(etc.) everyday. Just gotta keep searching and putting your resume out their. You'll find something. The only questionis...................................... WHEN................................

check in

.. ugh hopelessly waiting
indifferent.gif

grrrrrrr circuit city downsizing FTL....
I get promoted to full time in October then laid off January.
tired.gif
unemployment cant get in contact with them to see how much i shouldget so im stuck with no income.

Selling shoes at a crackhead price to fill ur tank FTMFL

Man... I have a Study Abroad trip to London this August. I had planned everything out nicely. I would have had some cash to spend for stuff I wanted to take(camera and upgrading my laptop, spending money) Looks like I'll be getting loans for my trip
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Wish me luck NT... I'm seriously hustling my tail off so I won't have to sit at home and watch TV ALL-DAY-LONG this summer.
that is a nice list for even getting interviews. what school u go to if you dont mind asking, and what type of positions you interviewing for?

Texas A&M... I'm just hoping and praying, word to Obama, that someone comes through.

I might be in the door with McKesson and Accenture, because I really don't want to leave Houston.

These positions, specifically with Dell, deals with Analyst and IT Consultant and Configuration Management.

Also, El Paso Energy showed me some love today too!

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Texas A&M... I'm just hoping and praying, word to Obama, that someone comes through.

I might be in the door with McKesson and Accenture, because I really don't want to leave Houston.

These positions, specifically with Dell, deals with Analyst and IT Consultant and Configuration Management.

Also, El Paso Energy showed me some love today too!
thats nice. im at UT. im doin IT consulting right now while i finish up school. thats a great list for these times though. hell for any times. are you gettin stuff off people u know, career fairs, or the whole nine. im lookin around tryna diversify my portfolio if u will

Checking In,

had an interview 2 weeks ago with Dept of Juvenile Services for the State of MD, havent gotten a call back. Im still praying i hear something back. This isannoying, frustrating, irritating, and all the above.

I got laid off 2 weeks before x-mas and I still can't find anything. I've gone back to school full time and thinkin about doing pizza delivery for someside cash
grin.gif

Went to a interview today for the restaurant delivery, posted on craigslist. Lady had herpes on her lip I couldn't help but stare grossed out. She was likeshe got 300 messages no joke about this 1 job. It went good though. She said she'd let me know Friday. But my old manager from Macy's called me said hehad a job for me part-time so I'm probably gonna take it.

Checking in...

Just got laid off from my job this morning...

Already filed for unemployment(sp) and started job searchin' this morning.

Get my last check tomorrow, then my State tax return...I don't know what i'ma do after that.

Gettin' laid off 3 months after gettin' your own apartment FTMFL.

Hey, for anyone with any sales experience and a degree...I'd check out the major imageduplication companies....xerox, cannon and the like....I just got a call from Xerox this morning and an Interview this week....

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Went to a interview today for the restaurant delivery, posted on craigslist. Lady had herpes on her lip I couldn't help but stare grossed out. She was like she got 300 messages no joke about this 1 job. It went good though. She said she'd let me know Friday. But my old manager from Macy's called me said he had a job for me part-time so I'm probably gonna take it.

i hear the replys are crazy. a lady told me during an interview that she had over 150+ in a couple hrs and had to pull the ad posting. she said when sheposted that same job a year ago, there were like 20 total responses.

especially when you have very little working experience, and no money to pay for school that you wasted 1.5 years of your life doing!!

Man I work hardwood floors under my Uncle whose the boss.

It's been rough lately, haven't worked in a bout 3 weeks straight. He's straight because he has a new house to remodel on but I'm stuck.

Trying to find anything that pays at the moment. Anybody in the Philly area knows anywhere thats hiring.

I work at UPS and I see new people starting all the time. I hate my job tho. If all goes to plan i'll hae a new gig in 1-2 months
happy.gif

my boss has been actin like an a-hole as of late, sent me home last wednesday n hasn't called me since. I'ma call tomorrow for a definitive answer inregards to my employment there, but I have been lookin for jobs since then. Seems like govt jobs are ftw.

I went through my depression...I mean recession last year. I had to sell off damn near all my shoes. I'm talking Columbia XI's, OG Royal Foams, Nubuck12's, All my cherised gold to pay damn bills.....I hate bills and the adult life.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back