Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I think the service industry is still decent right now. Regardless of how the situation is, you'll always find rich people dining out and planningparties/weddings. Waitering is still good, and there are under the table work
wink.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that union jobs are still cool too, you get decent raises on a consistent basis, its not too much work and you get treated fairly

Originally Posted by DRJordanFreak88

my boss has been actin like an a-hole as of late, sent me home last wednesday n hasn't called me since. I'ma call tomorrow for a definitive answer in regards to my employment there, but I have been lookin for jobs since then. Seems like govt jobs are ftw.

Yo, thats a good indication that they want to fire you, they are trying to make you quit so that youdon't qualify for unemployment insurance....make sure you DO NOT QUIT...

Man, ya boy can't even join the military right now! I was on probation for awhile and the air force says i have to wait 3 full months before I can joinup...which will be in April!!!

SO yeah, just like OP my story is about the same, havent worked full time since last march, been doing temp work here and there, moved to Los Angeles, therewas actually a lot of work there....but now im back in Atlanta, and there is absolutely NOTHING....not even DAY LABOR

Originally Posted by Pushak513

You think its bad trying to find a job..try finding one when you have to mark you have been convicted of a felonie its hopeless. Ive turned in LOTS of apps and resume and as soon as they see the background check its over..We workin on my future why you worried bout my past word to cam
Same city same problem...... and they wonder why we out doin anything we can to eat in this city
smh.gif

Checkin' in. I haven't worked in a long while. I'm gonna start looking for something to pay the bills. It's tough out there but just keep yahead up.

Been out of the Navy since January of 08, still have not found work
smh.gif
@ me... Collected unemployment for a year though
pimp.gif
, but now that has ran out and Ineed some steady income
frown.gif

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

Here...*sigh*

laugh.gif
damn i actually felt that sigh...got me feelin bad for you...
So why you laughing then lol .. Yo keep your head up ya'll , times are definitely tough ... Like pookie said , the Imaging reproduction sectoris definitely hiring, and people are always looking for scanners , as companies are trying to go green and save money ..

Pitney Bowes, Merril, Williams Lea ... Ummm for sales, Cannon, Xerox, Minolta, and Kodak ....

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Checking in...

Just got laid off from my job this morning...

Already filed for unemployment(sp) and started job searchin' this morning.

Get my last check tomorrow, then my State tax return...I don't know what i'ma do after that.

Gettin' laid off 3 months after gettin' your own apartment FTMFL.
Dang sorry to hear but thats why its always best to have atleas 6months rent saved up in advanced to cover for unexpected changes in income.

Being OVERQUALIFIED for having 2 degrees and your applying for an entry-level jobs FTL!! Yet you dont have the experience to get a job that will take a MastersDegree.

Why is it that nobody will take a chance on us? Somebody had to take a chance on those *@#$@ in Human Resources.

I heard that Car Dealerships are hiring. Maybe I can go to Carmax and see whats good

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Being OVERQUALIFIED for having 2 degrees and your applying for an entry-level jobs FTL!! Yet you dont have the experience to get a job that will take a Masters Degree.

Why is it that nobody will take a chance on us? Somebody had to take a chance on those *@#$@ in Human Resources.

I heard that Car Dealerships are hiring. Maybe I can go to Carmax and see whats good
I feel your pain...I can't even get a call back from Aldo, even tho I have years ofretail experience...all they see is my degree and my resume goes in the trash...
Originally Posted by akuratl02

So why you laughing then lol .. Yo keep your head up ya'll , times are definitely tough ... Like pookie said , the Imaging reproduction sector is definitely hiring, and people are always looking for scanners , as companies are trying to go green and save money ..

Pitney Bowes, Merril, Williams Lea ... Ummm for sales, Cannon, Xerox, Minolta, and Kodak ....
I just had my second interview with Xerox this morning....I'm hoping somethingcomes from it....I would also suggest you guys looking into Cintas...the commission is up to a max of 9 to 1....sell $100 of product per week, make$900....it's crazy

Im one of the 50,000 Jobs lost @ Citi , stock was 57$ when I started , its currently at 2.75 last time I checked
eyes.gif
, been on NY Unemplyment for almost 3months now , Im not gonna lie Ive beenabusing the system , Im currently In NC taking it easy going to the Gym on a daily , Eating good * at my parents house * , I know I have to go back to NY soonand get on my grind , Im just relaxing @ the moment ... Good luck to all the unemployed out there ... this is a extremly bad time in US history to be lookingfor a Job

I have a job but now get !#$# hours. and alot of my boys cant get jobs.... Plus i live in canada.... so yeah were getting hit with this recession too.

No lie, i just don't know what to do. i work at Olive Garden now, which is not what's up. i have a degree in everything (stillman college, BA in finearts, May '05).
I've had like 12 jobs since graduation. just waiting on someone to give me a chance
smh.gif

i cant even find a decent PT job

i get a hunch that all these people who had full time jobs are taking the spots college kids like me would usually fill

I do not wanna go back to fast food
smh.gif

To all of you overqualified guys applying at jobs that don't require a degree, like retails jobs--have you ever thought of lying about your education?Think about it....it isn't like this job to get you through is going to be your career. Tell them what they want to hear and roll with it for the timebeing.

I've never heard of companies doing background checks to determine if someone DOES have a degree when they say they DON'T, right? Especially when theposition doesn't require it.

Just make some $+%@ up. Time are tough; it's time to get grimey with it in order to eat.

Dang sorry to hear but thats why its always best to have atleas 6months rent saved up in advanced to cover for unexpected changes in income.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cmon son....you act as if having 6 months rent saved up is the norm. Of course its best to do that. But its also very unrealistic for a gang of people in ourcountry. Right now, if I attempted to save up 6 months worth of mortgage payments, I wouldn't have a home to live in when I finally did have it.

Back
Top Bottom