Joe Rogan Podcast

giphy.gif

You show me "proof", I quote his words saying how it aint even close to what he said and you say i nitpick. LOL

You made a judgement way before you heard what he had to say, and you cant admit it.
Everyone that comes in saying he is racist can't provide anything because they would have to admit their own prejudice.

And they wont do that because they know its a terrible thing to do and it's way easier just sticking with the mob.
Dude you are just being dense.

I listen to Rogan over the years. I know he complains about racism against white people. You ask for a clip so I went to get one. The clip was not the first time I heard those words. Geez.

And your defence of his words was weak, and you only addressed one of the data points I provided anyway. I am not following a mob on ****, this is my view given what I have seen. So ****ing spare me

But answer my question, is calling a black neighborhood "planet of the apes apes" racist or not?

I come in honor and respect.

I watched the whole clip.

I feel the same way I felt from the jump .

Please be respectful

everyone is entitled to their opinion.

you know who ironically is shading him?

yeah, basically describing a pseudo narrative.

You can call me whatever u want, answer my questions I asked first and ill happily answer yours:

How is that "complaining about supposed racism towards white people" and not just complaining about the excuse people give themselves to be racist to each other?
and
Should we keep the same energy for Kevin Hart?

seems like the ape thing is like the n word usage

rogan should have kevin hart & hip hop rapper sheek louch on to explain things

R-1295566-1207288472.jpeg.jpg
R-4806107-1376096174-8600.jpeg.jpg
R-7811851-1449285054-5014.jpeg.jpg

You can call me whatever u want, answer my questions I asked first and ill happily answer yours:

How is that "complaining about supposed racism towards white people" and not just complaining about the excuse people give themselves to be racist to each other?
and
Should we keep the same energy for Kevin Hart?
Are you are talking about Hart's homophobic comments?

Rogan in his comments specifically called out racism toward white people. He didn't just speak generally, he called out what he saw as a specific problem. In the second clip he takes issue with what he views as actions by minorities against white people. Even toward the end of the clip he agrees with dude mocking people fighting for equality. Again, you are nitpicking because my argument was based on what I view was a pattern of behavior. So you think if you can handwave one thing, it somehow makes my argument invalid.

So you have your answer, now answer my question. Is calling a black neighborhood "planet of the apes" racist or not.

I must say..."it's not racist because Joe Rogan said it's racist right after" is quite a bold defense
In a clip where he then goes on to describe his experience in a black neighborhood as if he's observing creatures in a zoo while mocking how they talk. Some folks are completely void of seeing beyond the surface or their strong need for things to be "centrist".

There’s no way that 300 silverbacks could ever hope to beat 300 Spartans.

That’s all I have to add to this convo.

Also, Joe Rogan isn’t racist. That doesn’t mean what he said wasn’t racist. It was. It was profoundly ignorant. It was also a long time ago.

The same way I ain’t going for people trying to crucify Josh Allen for old tweets he put out as a teen I ain’t going for folks who don’t even listen to Joe Rogan and don’t really know who he is, trying to cancel him.

As a rule of thumb, you can’t cancel what you never ****ed with in the first place.

How could you possibly know that the people who have an issue with this have never been fans of Rogan's program?

Wild assumption to make

And this conversation about Rogan has been going on for a long time...way before these old clips surfaced

Rogan certainly did call out allowance white racism in the second clip.
Massive uproar bc asian girl was hired by The (once respected) New York Times when she had many nasty tweets about white people.

"You are being prejudice, but you are being prejudice with a stamp. You are allowed to be."
So you think it's okay to make vulgar comments about a group of people as long as they aren't the majority of people and not face repercussion?

He moves on to the point hey why does this feminist have a banner "Trust no man" proposing so you just not gonna trust half the population?
He keeps the same energy through out the conversation. "Why are you going to allow aggression towards a large portion of the population."

Bari Weis further moves on to reinforce the idea, no one wants equality bc people are too busy talking mess about the majority and once they are in the majority they are subject to the criticism with that logic.
Both of them kept the same energy.

So I'm gonna go on to address the examples that are presented:
Asian girl has nasty tweets about white people, gets hired by NYTs. Uproar, nothing happened to her (that a quick search can find).
Kevin Hart has nasty tweets about gay people, gets called a bigot/ homophobic. Forced into personally refusing to host the Oscars.

Simplified:
Minority makes nasty tweets about the majority, keeps job.
Affluent man makes nasty tweets about minorities, loses job.

Sounds like the person with power was unjustly treated, something that Eric Weinstein brought up in the first conversation.
If you are in the cult of "power plus prejudice" then you can't be racist/prejudice, which is the idea Rogan is opposing.

I'm using specific examples, quoting the people in conversation and yet the only thing backing you is your feelings. Okay buddy, whatever comforts you.

To answer ur question "Is calling a black neighborhood "planet of the apes" racist or not" yea probably.

But that's not what happened.

He went to the movies in a black neighborhood and said when he went into the theatre, he walked in to Planet of the Apes, on a comedy podcast with comedians.
He tried making a joke based off wordplay, while telling a story and explaining the environment.

Does that mean the joke is okay? No.
Does the joke have to be okay? No. Unless everything action a person makes has to be "okay"
Can it be viewed as racist? Sure if you want to.
Should be defined as racist by the joke? No.
Is what he said years ago the same things as what Rosanne said last year? No.
What should you do then? Probably write about how he got you in your feelings on a message board.

To answer ur question "Is calling a black neighborhood "planet of the apes" racist or not" yea probably.

But that's not what happened.

He went to the movies in a black neighborhood and said when he went into the theatre, he walked in to Planet of the Apes, on a comedy podcast with comedians.
He tried making a joke based off wordplay, while telling a story and explaining the environment.

Does that mean the joke is okay? No.
Does the joke have to be okay? No. Unless everything action a person makes has to be "okay"
Can it be viewed as racist? Sure if you want to.
Should be defined as racist by the joke? No.
Is what he said years ago the same things as what Rosanne said last year? No.
What should you do then? Probably write about how he got you in your feelings on a message board.
:lol: :lol: Good grief at your last couple post.

Famb you're writing paragraphs defending suspect racist behavior of Joe Rogan with all kinds of mental gymnastics. The punchline of the joke was that a black neighborhood is like a planet of apes. It was not just a clumsy play on words, he compared black people to apes. And you're trying to spin it into something innocuous.

If anyone is in their feelings, it is you, because your have such a negative reaction to me calling someone who said something racist, a racist. I'm done though, you can put the cape away

Last edited:
Famb all you doing is lacking a response.
You don't know how to actually have a conversation when it isn't going your way.
Instead, you have to diss someone to feel secure in your opinions. Sad :/

Back
Top Bottom