John Wall might not be eligible?

No its not identical. Bryce Brown and like 20 players made trips to college campuses with camp money.

Wall was playing for an Agent.

Huge Difference

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No its not identical. Bryce Brown and like 20 players made trips to college campuses with camp money.

Wall was playing for an Agent.

Huge Difference
I should have clarified. When I said nearly identical, I meant that the punishment would be roughly the same.

I dont think the punishment will be the same neither.

Playing with an agent causes kids to lose eligibility and teams have had Wins erased from record books for having kids who have been associated with agents

the NCAA just suspended Dez Bryant for Lying about meeting with Deion Sanders because they feared he was a runner for an agent.

they dont play about Agents.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I dont think the punishment will be the same neither.

Playing with an agent causes kids to lose eligibility and teams have had Wins erased from record books for having kids who have been associated with agents

the NCAA just suspended Dez Bryant for Lying about meeting with Deion Sanders because they feared he was a runner for an agent.

they dont play about Agents.

Don't get me wrong. As a KU fan, I'd love to see some more pie in Cal's face
laugh.gif
. I was just going by what they seem to be saying on Rivals about this.

SMH.

I hope they don't take away his eligibility. I am really looking forward to see him ball on people this year.

Kentucky has known about the situation for awhile. This will all get resolved. At worst he may miss 10% of the games. If this were a Duke player we never wouldhave heard about it. JK. Kind of

Originally Posted by Chewvenile

Kentucky has known about the situation for awhile. This will all get resolved. At worst he may miss 10% of the games. If this were a Duke player we never would have heard about it. JK. Kind of

7d215d4877835bab1d12e766be6a4d761db9fbb.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

WildKYCAT on suicide watch
more like this...

wc057r.gif

Lets first get one thing straight. There is nothing "breaking" about this story. The question of Wall's eligibility has been around for months and was even known to be an issue when he decided to go to Kentucky months ago. Everyone around UK believes it will be taken care of and no one is extremely concerned. UK's confidence in his eligibility is shown by his appearance at Big Blue Madness and his participation in the Blue-White game. They expect him to play. So just because ESPN is only now noticing this issue, doesnt mean that the people that are relevant (UK, Wall, the NCAA, SEC), havent known about it for some time.
The issue basically boils down to this:

1. Players cannot take money from agents for the purpose of getting them to later sign with the agent and stay amateurs.

2. Brian Clifton, John Wall's AAU coach, was a registered (although not practicing) agent up until 2008.

3. During that time, Clifton coached AAU basketball and as part of those coaching duties, accompanied his players on various unofficial visits to schools.

4. As with many AAU coaches, Clifton potentially paid some expenses on those trips (or that is a possibility…I dont think anyone publically knows for sure yet what was paid when) for his player.

5. While that is a common practice for AAU (and high school) coaches to pay expenses on such trips, Clifton's role as a registered agent, makes it complicated.

So thats where the issue arises. These visits did not take place under Calipari (take note Forde), but actually were under Gillispie. It isnt clear whether it just is an issue about visits to Kentucky or other schools/events. That is what has been/is being investigated. No one alleges, including the NCAA, that Clifton paid such expenses to get Wall to sign with him as an agent. But NCAA rules may require Wall to pay such monies back, if they were in fact paid for his expenses. If so, the question of how much must be found and it taken care of, in order for Wall's amateurism to be verified and his eligibility approved by the NCAA.

So that is where we are. This isnt a case of Wall taking money, or anything of the sort. It is the case of an AAU coach who should have been more careful in doing two jobs that can lead to situation like this, that of Agent/AAU coach. Now Wall will have to pay back whatever expenses were paid by his AAU coach and the media, who are looking for anything with UK/Calipari to feast on, have something to write about.

So with what we know now, it looks as if the worst case scenario is this…some amount of expenses or "benefits" are found to have taken place and the NCAA decides to enforce the rule provision that requires sitting out 10 percent of UK's games…which I believe would be the first three. Best case scenario is that there are found to be no, or few, expenses and Wall is not suspended for any games after paying back any potential money that may have been spent on his behalf.

*yawn*

Ryan Kelly's a Clifton kid, too.
nerd.gif

lol, nah...that was the second time i've used it.

that dude don't believe Siva > Wall...y'all shouldn't even address that.

Dont really think this is a huge deal....maybe a few games out at most, alot are saying he will be cleared by the opener....

Back
Top Bottom