Joint accounts with a female

Why would she be out of the kitchen to begin with????
smh.gif

The way I see bank accounts in marriages:

There is my money, your money, and our money.

Our money is for the things we both need to put money towards (bills, insurance, children's need; college fund)

My money for the things I want when I want them, her money for the things she wants when she wants them.

The way I see bank accounts in marriages:

There is my money, your money, and our money.

Our money is for the things we both need to put money towards (bills, insurance, children's need; college fund)

My money for the things I want when I want them, her money for the things she wants when she wants them.

I would NEVER get a joint account with a SO unless we were married, and even then, I'd have an account in my own name, and I would hope he would, too.

I would NEVER get a joint account with a SO unless we were married, and even then, I'd have an account in my own name, and I would hope he would, too.

I don't think it's a big deal but i can see why folks would want their own account also. I refuse to be one of those women who have nothing if their husband decides to leave and he was always in control of the money so she has nothing. My dad has accounts my mother doesn't know about but only cuz she'll spend it if she knows.
laugh.gif
I'd fight my husband for doing that to me tho. No secret accounts.

I don't think it's a big deal but i can see why folks would want their own account also. I refuse to be one of those women who have nothing if their husband decides to leave and he was always in control of the money so she has nothing. My dad has accounts my mother doesn't know about but only cuz she'll spend it if she knows.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Three accounts. The joint account for big stuff and each has a separate account for their own here and there purchases.

Three accounts. The joint account for big stuff and each has a separate account for their own here and there purchases.

Back
Top Bottom