Jonesboro High School Dance Team In Atlanta Get Suspended For Provocative Dance Routine

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

The routine wasnt even that "Provocative"
Word.

i was like
nerd.gif
waiting to see what was so bad about it but when the dudescame out and they was bouncing up and down in front of them like they was bobbing for apples ... i was like
smh.gif
... still that doesn't warrant a suspension...

you are hurting students when u take them out of class ... well the ones who attend
tired.gif

it was bad but not THAT bad

a staff member def dropped the ball by even letting them practice/perform that

but it wasn't overly provocative... nothing to really be up in arms about.

According to visual evidence, one of those girls has a great case on why she shouldn't be suspended. She didn't even drop it like its hot.
sick.gif

I was expecting like a wet t shirt dance routine or something. This is nothing really.

LifeLessons wrote:
God.......please don't let me have a daughter...

AMEN

so true
tired.gif

dudes acting like it wasnt that bad, its clear they cant picture their daughter doing this. If i came to that game, and my daughter was performing somethinglike that. Im either snatching her up or her coach is gonna have it. I'm not trying to hear no excuses for that BS.

but i guess outta sight outta mind.

indifferent.gif
wasn't even that bad, i thought they were gonna hop on the dudes lap or something. actually it's no different from the dance teams at any school.the outfits may have been a bit too racy for a high school function, but thats it.

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

EDIT: watched video again and only thing that could really be considered "provacative" was the splits
so you're ok with the booty shaking?

Even if I had a daughter I would not think this routine was THAT BAD. I was expecting dudes to get grinded on, but that didnt happen. If this was done in frontof parents that would be a different story. Parents dont need to see that, students ok.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

EDIT: watched video again and only thing that could really be considered "provacative" was the splits
The cheerleading squads on TV do the same thing. I think it was the attire, stripper like floor exercises and the chair dancing.
Other than that it would have been OK. But that would have axed the routine
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

The cheerleading squads on TV do the same thing. I think it was the attire, stripper like floor exercises and the chair dancing.
laugh.gif
not saying that it hasn't been done, but 1) I've never seen cheerleaders shake their #*# like those "dancers" did.
2) Cheerleaders are adults. These are kids supposedly being supervised by adults.

laugh.gif
not saying that it hasn't been done, but 1) I've never seen cheerleaders shake their #*# like those "dancers" did.
2) Cheerleaders are adults. These are kids supposedly being supervised by adults.
Point well taken. They are children so it should have been monitored. I probably would have said no once I saw the outfits. I hope the"coach" or "choreographer" gets fired.

Originally Posted by socaking

Even if I had a daughter I would not think this routine was THAT BAD. I was expecting dudes to get grinded on, but that didnt happen. If this was done in front of parents that would be a different story. Parents dont need to see that, students ok.

you think there weren't parents there?

Man you guys are mad weird. Sure when I look at them like they're some random girls, I'll be like
laugh.gif

But just imagine if that was your daughter up there doing that while you were sitting in the crowd. You guys would
be okay with that?

Nobody would get laid if everybody thought like this but I guess could have been left out the hs sponsored stuff. I just have mixed feelingsabout this cause most of us guys want this behavior but just not from people we can't have sex with (or sure as heck shouldn't) is that not being ahypocrite? To me it is what it is just raise your children right and the decisions they make later on in life they going to have to just make them.

It was bad but not as bad as I thought it'd be. Bringing the dudes out there was the worst for me, since you were doing those stripperish moves right infront of them, but at least they weren't grinding on them like I thought they would. Shorts, bad, but I live in the burbs and the cheerleaders, femaletrack team, and especially volleyball team wear the same ones.

No, if i had a daughter I would not be happy with that, but still, like everyone else has said, you see worst if you actually go outside. They let kids getaway with worse at school functions like homecoming and dances

Kept waiting and waiting for the routine to get to the provacative part. When the dudes came out...i thought "wow this will not end well"........butnothing really ever happened. Im still waiting for the dance to get too provacative.

laugh.gif
Point well taken. They are children so it should have been monitored. I probably would have said no once I saw the outfits. I hope the "coach" or "choreographer" gets fired.
Which is why I made my comments in my earlier post.

First off, I'd venture to say those that have never seen things like this aren't from relatively "Urban" areas. Correct me if I'veassumed too much, but it seems that the people saying "not that serious" like myself went to East Compton and you all went to Rancho. Seriously, ithas been done WAY worse and WAY more illicit than this routine.

That said, I understand the raising of eyebrows, but again, if these girls sat back and watched a Hawks game, or any other NBA franchise (who I would assumethey try to emulate), they would have seen more provocative moves and outfits, albeit without chairs.

I'm not saying it is right or anything, I'm just saying this whole thing seems blown WAY out of proportion.

The suspensions should have been for the part with the dudes that was entirely misleading and anti-climactic.

And yes, I HAVE a daughter who will not be a *@+% bucket. My first note of chastising would have to go to the adult in charge, and if there were no adult incharge, I have nobody to blame but myself for not knowing what the hell my daughter was doing when she was supposed to be at practice. Cuz if I'd seen herpracticing chair dancing at the crib... she ain't sitting in it no more.

wow, i couldnt take my eyes of the video though...
but yeah, thats just to much for High School.

good point to OP, girls turn theirselves into "(#(@

That said, I understand the raising of eyebrows, but again, if these girls sat back and watched a Hawks game, or any other NBA franchise (who I would assume they try to emulate), they would have seen more provocative moves and outfits, albeit without chairs.

Thunder and Mavericks girls both have routines involving chairs

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

AMEN

+1 Thats the same prayer I've been praying since I turned 18 and saw how most chicks get down.

Back
Top Bottom