Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

What’s confusing? The more they restock the more the price will have to fall. Panda dunks used to be like $300+ before they kept restocking and now it’s less than $200. It’s obvious Nike wants MB4s to stay more exclusive than that, for now at least
🤣 They're not going to keep making more just to lower the resale value or get them into the hands of more people.

They've made tons of money and are going to put out whatever makes the most financial sense to them FIRST.

So UPS returned my SNKRs pair back to Nike even though I had requested it to be held for pickup. Probably the biggest L ever.
Can’t you call Nike to stop it? Or like most companies they won’t do ****

Smh? Why didn’t you let it get delivered to your house

🤣 They're not going to keep making more just to lower the resale value or get them into the hands of more people.

I agree they won’t do it. Again, because ultimately they want certain shoes to stay exclusive and hype. But if they do make more, then the resale price will fall. Like what happened to the Pandas

paying the market price does not bother me as much as dealing with the super fakes. can't trust anything to be legit now, especially this pair

the free market is what it is

Super agreed.

Wait too long and your chances of paying a premium for a high-end super-rep skyrockets... i.e. the OG Travis Scott AJ1 High.

I avoid panic buying right after the drop but my time and attention are far more valuable than saving $50-100 over a month or more and I sincerely like to avoid the aforementioned risks.

I respect everyone's approach, though. Gotta play your own game. It's simply not that serious anyways...

I thought y’all were discussing this but I didn’t see it posted unless I missed it

24428975-2C8D-4DDE-9646-6244876B5324.png

lies

lies

more lies

funny….a ma maniere could see how many pairs were purchased with one card. funny they could also see multiple pairs to one address.

its not hard. nikes trying to act like they care.

its not hard to NOT SHIP 5+ pairs to the same address. or charge one card 5+ times.

hell, ups had to rent a truck to deliver a whole truck to ONE person!

50% bots on hyped releases. millions a month it says………millions. and thats what they “catch”
it has to be at least double that for these botters to STILL be eating.

Can’t you call Nike to stop it? Or like most companies they won’t do ****

Smh? Why didn’t you let it get delivered to your house
Nike just gave me a 15% coupon and said they can't do anything. I asked them to hold it because when I checked the tracking UPS said there was a problem with my address so I called Nike and they said they wouldn't do anything to update so UPS had already started returning back to Nike. That's when I called and asked them to hold for pickup and was told by 3 different agents between Saturday - yesterday it would be ready for pickup today. Turns out they all lied

lies

lies

more lies

funny….a ma maniere could see how many pairs were purchased with one card. funny they could also see multiple pairs to one address.

its not hard. nikes trying to act like they care.

its not hard to NOT SHIP 5+ pairs to the same address. or charge one card 5+ times.

hell, ups had to rent a truck to deliver a whole truck to ONE person!

50% bots on hyped releases. millions a month it says………millions. and thats what they “catch”
it has to be at least double that for these botters to STILL be eating.

If Nike’s lying then we’re actually on the same page. They don’t do sh*t about bots because they want certain shoes to stay unobtainable and exclusive. If they actually cared about getting them into the hands of consumers for cheap then they would just keep making more and restocking like they restock Pandas

Producing more would decrease the wide margin between supply/demand, making reselling less profitable.

As much as I hate copping resale, and I rarely do it, I'm sort of ok with it at $260. I'm not giving anyone $400+ under any circumstances.
I get that but it’s not addressing the root problem

They've made tons of money and are going to put out whatever makes the most financial sense to them FIRST.
This.

I get that but it’s not addressing the root problem
I agree. But I'd rather see Nike double it's production, rather than wait for them to chase their tails trying to fight bots and resellers...a problem that will never be solved. Especially when Nike has the tools to almost eradicate it altogether and they just won't do it.

Resellers are in it heavy for a double up. Not so much if the have to spend 200 to make 40.

Now imagine if people had to actually pick up their botted orders at a Niketown. 1 real form of id and 1 real form of credit/card must be presented. Everything must match up. 1 guy with 10 orders that have 10 different names, 10 altered addresses, 10 different payments, but 1 driver license that has only 1 real name, photo, and address? 1 real card that has one name and one real account number? Math adds up? :lol:

the problem to that is botters will just put friends and family info/unique info for each botted order to be picked up.

And then for those that can't pickup those orders. Guess what happens to those unclaimed pairs? Employee dibs and backdoor. Theres just too many "issues" for buyers that just want 1 pair.

Lol, nah.

They will go up….after they dip. I been doing this too long. It’s always another pair short term. Attention will move to something else. Prices will shoot up when there becomes a scarcity of DS pairs. That’s not anytime soon. Holidays are just adding to the demand, especially with this years XI release not being overly sought after. Dont let FOMO make you do some dumb ****. I’ll tell you right now this pair ain’t worth $$400. Not now not ever.

Y’all said they were gonna dip when all the snkrs pairs came in too…

But here we are

That is a whole lotta people to get together to pick up their orders.

More pairs=more bots

I mean they made over a million of the last XIs and people still weren’t able to cop easily

Some of y’all weren’t around or into this stuff when Nike used to release things online at 11pm CST and you’d STILL strike out. Eliminating bots doesn’t mean you’re gonna cop. Better chance? Sure you can add them to your cart and get the sold out screen later in process instead of right away.

Eliminate bots and then you’re competing against the hundreds of thousands of other people that took L’s because of bots.

No reason to get upset and demand a revolution for a problem that’ll never get solved, just move on to the next release

Last edited:
The frenzy this causes in the "community" is free publicity... Nike ain't gonna stop that

Cats still gonna cop resale, so the "community" fights amongst itself, but the kicks still sellout... Nike is straight

Bottom line - sad to say, but pick a new hobby or pay to play (or perpetually say "on to the next" with each L you take)

The frenzy this causes in the "community" is free publicity... Nike ain't gonna stop that

Cats still gonna cop resale, so the "community" fights amongst itself, but the kicks still sellout... Nike is straight

Bottom line - sad to say, but pick a new hobby or pay to play (or perpetually say "on to the next" with each L you take)
This post is like a state of the union address for sneakerheads.

Pretty much captures the essence of the game.

...just the cold, hard truth.

More pairs would decrease resell.

Instead of going for $400+ they would only be going for $300. I'd take that any day. Nike could've doubled stock and these still would've flown. Resell just would've been lower.

They can do it too.

I think nikes long term goal is to do more sneakers pass type things where folks have to pick up shoes via reservation. idk about other areas but between where i live and where i grew up about an hour a way they turned an outlet into a Nike unite store, opened up a Nike by store, and opened up another Nike unite 15 minutes from where I grew up.

Back
Top Bottom