Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

No its not man, dont listen to duke ill put a stack on it that they gonna go up after Christmas. The sellers who wanna get rid of these quick will get em out by Christmas, the ones who still have pairs after are the ones who can afford to hold on to pairs and waiting for them to just keep going out. These sellers need to get presents too, they need the bread.
Lol, nah.

They will go up….after they dip. I been doing this too long. It’s always another pair short term. Attention will move to something else. Prices will shoot up when there becomes a scarcity of DS pairs. That’s not anytime soon. Holidays are just adding to the demand, especially with this years XI release not being overly sought after. Dont let FOMO make you do some dumb ****. I’ll tell you right now this pair ain’t worth $$400. Not now not ever.

I don’t know what % of the stock is resold but that’s a different question. Some people win a draw legitimately and resell. A lot in fact given how little effort it takes to enter draws on your phone. But as for bots/backdooring I just don’t think it’s a big %. What makes you think it’s the majority?
I know your NT account is relatively new, but that means nothing negative at face value. But I wonder, based on a lot of your comments, how long you’ve been buying sneakers and seeing the change. What’s going on now in the past 2.5 years is MASSIVELY different from anything I’ve seen in 33 years of being into this stuff. Is it all because of bots and back-dooring? Probably not. But it’s a big influencer when added to everything else. The resale platforms—and people’s willingness to pay those prices—have contributed hugely to all this as well.

Lol, nah.

They will go up….after they dip. I been doing this too long. It’s always another pair short term. Attention will move to something else. Prices will shoot up when there becomes a scarcity of DS pairs. That’s not anytime soon. Holidays are just adding to the demand, especially with this years XI release not being overly sought after. Dont let FOMO make you do some dumb ****. I’ll tell you right now this pair ain’t worth $$400. Not now not ever.

Lol yea,

They gonna go up ...after they dont dip. Like I said I got a stack on it.

I know your NT account is relatively new, but that means nothing negative at face value. But I wonder, based on a lot of your comments, how long you’ve been buying sneakers and seeing the change. What’s going on now in the past 2.5 years is MASSIVELY different from anything I’ve seen in 33 years of being into this stuff. Is it all because of bots and back-dooring? Probably not. But it’s a big influencer when added to everything else. The resale platforms—and people’s willingness to pay those prices—have contributed hugely to all this as well.
I’ve been in this hobby on and off since the mid 2000s. I don’t deny that certain models skyrocketed in demand recently. Just saying a lot of what you think is bots/backdooring can be explained by the surge in worldwide demand

I thought y’all were discussing this but I didn’t see it posted unless I missed it

24428975-2C8D-4DDE-9646-6244876B5324.png

Alot of y'all are delusional, to even say or think that it's less than 10% of the stock going to bots lol. There's multiples of cook groups that i personally know of, that eat up alot of the pairs on alot of these releases. Add to the fact, that alot of the known shoe stores in the cities that I be in, are backdooring pairs. Id say that around 60% percent of the majority of all releases go to the resale market.

Add small time resellers who just want to try to double their in profit, add major resellers to it. Store employees and managers backdooring alot of the stock, then add Bots to the equation.

There's alot of people who treat buying shoes like a job, aka the majority of us on here. Multiple accounts we use to hit online, and alot of do get pairs. But the majority of the stock goes straight to the resell market = aka StockX, Goat, Ebay, the lock small timers.

So the bot confusion up in here is really irrelevant, because of how the majority of all hyped up, or decent colorway gr,s are already basically pre sold before the actual release date.

So I had a chance to examine the 'sale' sticker on my pairs. I've concluded the placement isn't a telltale sign whether they're fake or not. My pairs have stickers placed below the check and beside the check, and I can guarantee they're store purchased. You have to remember they're manually placed by factory workers so there will be inconsistencies. The only way they'd be consistent is if they were printed onto the box.

Some of the pairs. As you can see, the sticker placement is inconsistent.

20221201_023904.jpg
Thanks for posting this. A lot of people trying to legit check these are saying the sale sticker has to be here or there. Some were even say they don’t come off(they do). Like you said. They are placed on by a person or machine. Same with the size tag. There will always and I mean always be a slight inconsistency unless the are printing it directly on the box. But even then there could be inconsistency’s. Really the only way to guarantee you get a legit pair would be directly from Nike. You never know if an employee at a store could possibly swap out pairs for fakes.

So do you think Nike is lying when they say they remove 20 million bot submissions every month? They said bots make up from 10 - 40% of total submissions and they can identify most of them

I don't think its very effective, since bot developers update their code to keep up.

Size 8 and smaller pairs come with a bib and a pacifier?

ain't you like 5'5" lol

But yeah $50 dip is actually not worth waiting for if you gotta wait 1 or more months for that little dip and to also potentially have even more fakes thrown in to the mix in a month's time. If you were waiting or expecting at least $100 dip, then I'd understand. But $50 is less than a day's work and you'll waste a month of time monitoring that minor dip. That little bit of money to get what you want now now.

Actually the easiest way to combat bots is to just make a lot more pairs and keep restocking. Nike already knows this but they choose not to do it. They already know Military Black 4s cost $400+ and they want it to stay like that.

That’s why I said even if they can somehow eliminate 100% of bots and backdooring, Nike still don’t want there to be enough for everyone. They will just scale back the supply to ensure that certain shoes stay rare enough to stay above a certain price. It’s all about exclusivity in the end

It’s not like Nike has any real incentive to actually stop them. The public backlash is pretty high currently, but it ain’t like people have stopped buying their shoes, right 🤷🏾‍♂️
That sums it up, too many people are willing to pay resale prices regularly. My preference is not to, but to each is own. Reselling is more accepted now on NT than in the past without question. I am tempted to buy resale on certain shoes I have always wanted in my grail category, but not regularly.

Actually the easiest way to combat bots is to just make a lot more pairs and keep restocking. Nike already knows this but they choose not to do it. They already know Military Black 4s cost $400+ and they want it to stay like that.

That’s why I said even if they can somehow eliminate 100% of bots and backdooring, Nike still don’t want there to be enough for everyone. They will just scale back the supply to ensure that certain shoes stay rare enough to stay above a certain price. It’s all about exclusivity in the end
And if more are made whats the guarantee that bot users wont try to buy up the extra stock?

So make every release a big gr because people cannot control their habits of buying so many pairs so that they can resell it?

It’s not like Nike has any real incentive to actually stop them. The public backlash is pretty high currently, but it ain’t like people have stopped buying their shoes, right 🤷🏾‍♂️
Public backlash in itself is bad news long term for any company. It doesn't necessarily have to directly effect sales. If it does, that's good. But, backlash in itself is enough to produce change.

Imo

Exactly

I call cap to all that BS they posted tho. Lying thru their teeth

Bots or no bots, I’m still not hitting on anything on their app. They’re just letting the same people win over and over again with it without bots. It’s a flawed system

Nike would have to absolutely flood the market so much that they would be effectively killing their own brand. Odds are another pair of Chicago’s will be released with another marketing gimmick attached to it and so forth and so forth.

It was a great point that someone above me made that Nike could have made 10 million pairs but out of those 10 million pairs how many of those did the consumers legitimately have a chance of purchasing.

I’ve said it before but it bares repeating Nike doesn’t give two **** about the consumer. Their board and shareholders is all that matters. Everything else is just PR fluff that will calm down 99% of the masses.

And if more are made whats the guarantee that bot users wont try to buy up the extra stock?

So make every release a big gr because people cannot control their habits of buying so many pairs so that they can resell it?
What’s confusing? The more they restock the more the price will have to fall. Panda dunks used to be like $300+ before they kept restocking and now it’s less than $200. It’s obvious Nike wants MB4s to stay more exclusive than that, for now at least

Back
Top Bottom