Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Yeah I'm taking that 100k claim with a grain of salt.
It is a bit dubious. JB would be leaving tens of millions on the table with that small of a run. But it wouldn’t surprise me. Seems like all Nike as a whole really cares about with most of these releases is hype driven even greater by manufactured scarcity and people talking about it on social media, rather than actually just selling as many pairs as it could.
I’d like to get a pair of these but I figure it’s going to be impossible. I’m not paying $500+ for a pair.

It is a bit dubious. JB would be leaving tens of millions on the table with that small of a run. But it wouldn’t surprise me. Seems like all Nike as a whole really cares about with most of these releases is hype driven even greater by manufactured scarcity and people talking about it on social media, rather than actually just selling as many pairs as it could.
I’d like to get a pair of these but I figure it’s going to be impossible. I’m not paying $500+ for a pair.

They'll probably pull a new beginnings and only release them in select cities

100% what else is nike gonna sell. gone are the days of nike's 90's run with all those new silhouettes.

When I get the expected L, I'm not paying resell for a pair that looks older than my existing pair. Thanks JB.

Let’s just be honest. Everyone and their momma gonna try for these. Even the cats that say they won’t, come release they will 100% be going for a pair.

I’m not a fan of what they did with them but I would 100% beat these into the ground further then they tried to make them look

Chi's one of them joints you gotta grab every time.
goibnsL.gif

After I take the L, I'll pay that resell.
All depends on the resale price for me. I got a spending threshold. I don’t know if I’d be willing as is to pay $1,000 on a shoe if I could afford it either lol.
Hope people who want em get ‘em. And people who don’t, dont. But it’s always the ones who say “just tried for fun, didn’t even want them who’ll get them.”
Everyone is going for a pair solely for the resale value.

They don't care. These are marketing tools. A Jordan 1 is not their bread and butter when it comes to impacting their bottom line.

All depends on the resale price for me. I got a spending threshold. I don’t know if I’d be willing as is to pay $1,000 on a shoe if I could afford it either lol.

Everyone is going for a pair solely for the resale value.
Not true at all. Some folks actually like the shoes. I will say there’s a lot of people who’s “sneakerhead identity” is tied to the value of the shoes.

I’ve got some GRs and I’ve got some limited stuff, I bought what I bought because I wanted it, not because I’m trying to fit in with what’s hot at the moment. That mentality has ruined the sneaker hobby from when I came into and now.

2X retail is my max for any shoe. If I can’t get for retail-2X I’m out. Id love to have these but it’s not worth it to me anymore to feed the beast.

Let’s just be honest. Everyone and their momma gonna try for these. Even the cats that say they won’t, come release they will 100% be going for a pair.

I’m not a fan of what they did with them but I would 100% beat these into the ground further then they tried to make them look
RDT_20220129_0234584782288896211157477.jpg

Yeah sure I'll definitely be gunning for these despite all my naysaying. :lol:
I won't lie and say that these look bad because regardless of the (idiotic) gimmick these are still Chicago's. However, this release is literally the epitome of JB playing its consumers like a deck of cards because best believe they'll be releasing these again as an '85 High Chicago in 3 years for the 40th anniversary of the Jordan 1. Personally I can wait. These look nice but I don't care for the gimmick nonsense or the fact that these are literally just the normal OG High mould but with minor, almost unnoticeable improvements.

Not true at all. Some folks actually like the shoes. I will say there’s a lot of people who’s “sneakerhead identity” is tied to the value of the shoes.

I’ve got some GRs and I’ve got some limited stuff, I bought what I bought because I wanted it, not because I’m trying to fit in with what’s hot at the moment. That mentality has ruined the sneaker hobby from when I came into and now.
I should rephrase it. But a lot of people will be entering raffles/camping out(if this is allowed for this release) solely for that reason alone.

Back
Top Bottom