Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

The cracked black leather is cringy, and the bottom is gross. Personally don't get the appeal. Will keep watching to see how this release unfolds for entertainment purposes. Hope they're easy to cop for those who want them.
I was just joking. Even Jay couldn't sway me to buy these. This release is literally for suckers.... Hope you guys cop tho. We gotta take a stand.

When was the last time they were in JC Penney?
It had to be a while ago. My family tells me my first pair were from JC Penney. My uncles would get their adidas and Nikes from Mervyns and JC Penney and Montgomery Ward. Back then, sneakers didn't move like they do now so the brands sold them in the places that made sense. Just imagine a world wear most of the dopest shoes don't even sell out for months. My uncle has stories of getting J's on layaway. LAYAWAY.

It had to be a while ago. My family tells me my first pair were from JC Penney. My uncles would get their adidas and Nikes from Mervyns and JC Penney and Montgomery Ward. Back then, sneakers didn't move like they do now so the brands sold them in the places that made sense. Just imagine a world wear most of the dopest shoes don't even sell out for months. My uncle has stories of getting J's on layaway. LAYAWAY.
A lot of people I know got stuff on layaway. They hold it for you, I've never seen any restrictions on to what you could get. (sneakers and clothes-wise)

Definitely remember them still at Penneys in the late 90's. Got my first pair of visible Airs/$100+ shoes because my dad put my pair of Hot Lava Agassis on layaway at Foot Locker.

You're spot on about the shoe companies selling them where they made sense. First pair of Nike Pumps I ever saw were at JC Penneys, not an actual shoe store.

We don't count the Spidermans?
Ironically those are what’s been holding me over :lol:
A70ECD54-5EB9-4D6F-AC7D-3B04641D3729.jpeg

But Idk these weren’t as sought after for the first 1.5 years. Prices didn’t get high until everyone into and not into sneakers wanted chi’s (April 2020 is when they started their skyrocket)

Everyone wants OW and regular chi’s. These don’t get talked about as much. (still need the special box)

Do you need a box of tissues? Lol Delivery is more essential in storytelling than accuracy. You seem to connect actual facts with storytelling when no such connection is required. I dont know the exact date MJ shattered the backboard when playing in Italy but I can YouTube it and see him shattering glass over 3 dudes!! And that makes me not even care about a date!

Stop being so dramatic. It’s been almost 30 years since the 94’s came out. No one cares their exact date. We all know its the first retro of the 1.
This feelings over facts stuff is going too far. LOL You can be accurate and compelling at the same time. You don't have to sacrifice the truth in order to execute an effective and compelling delivery.

wouldn't sell out for months. try being able to buy a pair of Jordans throughout the entire year until the next model was released.. it was pretty amazing and wish it was still like that. the only shoes I remember selling out as ogs and being kinda hard to find were Concord 11's and blue and grey 13's people really wanted these and sold out quickly but there were plenty of restocks and stores that had tons of pairs.

Ironically those are what’s been holding me over :lol:
A70ECD54-5EB9-4D6F-AC7D-3B04641D3729.jpeg

But Idk these weren’t as sought after for the first 1.5 years. Prices didn’t get high until everyone into and not into sneakers wanted chi’s (April 2020 is when they started their skyrocket)

Everyone wants OW and regular chi’s. These don’t get talked about as much. (still need the special box)
Love the Spideys, and I’m glad to have them. Between being a huge Spider-Man fan (read most comics, and like many 80’s babies, grew up on the cartoon), and the Chi 1 being my favorite Jordan, they’re amazing IMO. I’ll take them over the OW Chis (not a fan of that deconstructed look at all) and the Trophy Rooms (hate the contrast stitching on them) all day every day. I have both the 2015 Chis and the Spideys, and I’m definitely grabbing a pair of the “Reimagined”/“Lost & Founds” to go along with those other two Chi 1s.

wouldn't sell out for months. try being able to buy a pair of Jordans throughout the entire year until the next model was released.. it was pretty amazing and wish it was still like that. the only shoes I remember selling out as ogs and being kinda hard to find were Concord 11's and blue and grey 13's people really wanted these and sold out quickly but there were plenty of restocks and stores that had tons of pairs.
Exactly. You could count on Eastbay to have a sale on Jordans even retros so you could get a pair. Of course it was always coolest to have them early but, you could still get a colorway months after release and it still be a big deal. My first must cop that I actually got were the Orlando Penny 2's. I don't know when they came out but, I know when I got them. I remember it like it was yesterday. Great grandmother had promised to get me a pair if my grades were right. They always were, back then at least, so I just had to make it to parent teacher conference. Went to Footlocker that Saturday and my heart sank when the rep measured my foot and told me that I was now in men's sizes which meant more $$$$$. Thought G'ma was going to have to cancel Christmas on a ya boy :rofl:. But, she went ahead and agreed to cop anyway. Then the rep tried to convince me to get the Jordan 12s since we were spending more money. I easily turned that down :lol:. I needed my Penny's. Already told the 5th grade crew at school I was showing up in Penny's. Had to sneak them to school in my duffel bag because kids were definitely getting jumped/shot for their kicks in my neighborhood. I snuck them to school not because I was afraid of getting jumped or shot but, because my parents forbade me from wearing them to school because they were afraid i would get jumped or shot. I was more afraid of them finding out I was disobeying them than i was afraid of getting jumped or shot :rofl: . Good thing about going up a size though, i was then the same size as my aunt and her boyfriend always laced her with kicks and i was able to get all her 12s that following summer. I was only in 4th or 5th grade. I literally have no recollection of seeing the Jordan 1s on the shelves. 2s or 3s either.

sorry for the long post but, this nostalgia got me going lol

Last edited:
Love the Spideys, and I’m glad to have them. Between being a huge Spider-Man fan (read most comics, and like many 80’s babies, grew up on the cartoon), and the Chi 1 being my favorite Jordan, they’re amazing IMO. I’ll take them over the OW Chis (not a fan of that deconstructed look at all) and the Trophy Rooms (hate the contrast stitching on them) all day every day. I have both the 2015 Chis and the Spideys, and I’m definitely grabbing a pair of the “Reimagined”/“Lost & Founds” to go along with those other two Chi 1s.
Same. Huge Spider-man fan. These were a must for me.
OW chi’s are cool but that deconstructed look isn’t for me personally.

Back
Top Bottom