Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

welp in for 2 pairs. prob wont see another Chi 1 retro another 10 years after this lmao

$180 for these. It's an easy no for me because I only like originals. It sucks that they can't keep the default specs that most will prefer.

I prefer my kicks to be fresh and new out of the box. Back in the day I could wear a particular Jordan everyday for a year, and return it to the retailer b/c it cracked, sole separated, holes in the heel etc. Now there are designers getting paid to come up with this s**t and people are OK with this out of the box.....it's bizarro world!

This ain’t back in the day bro, respectfully.

Times are changing and thinking about the past will leave you sad and sounding like a hater.

True that. Ironically, it's that legacy that drives retros ;-). I guess at some point the OGs get left behind and brands move on to cater to the next generation. As the new gen has no history with these shoes, they need other "gimmicks" to keep things interesting and fresh. I say, why not just release the OGs for the purists, and the "reimagined" versions for the rest.

I'm only here for the impending shenanigans. I'll probably just grab a second pair of Neutral Greys or snag a pair of the Georgetowns and call it a year for 1s. Wake me up when we get non gimmick Chicago's in the new '85 mold.
tumblr_o6i61wmAG41ruzjxno1_500.gif

I don’t get the “why can’t these be close to the OG spec” positions when it’s been made clear since the beginning that the REIMAGINED series was always going to be JB’s artistic take on OG colorways. JB is doing this to preserve the inevitable 1985 Chicago release which will be even more impossible to get than these. Enjoy these for what they are. I for one think it’s a dope concept.

Has anyone already put in their pre-order with that Zadeh guy yet that will most likely not be delivered and then reimbursed in store credit?

How about the bulk buyers? Have they also put in their massive quantity orders with that guy that will also most likely not be delivered, especially since it's a much higher quantity he's dealing with?

Based on those teaser pics, I expected more "reimagining".

Of course I'll try and like every other release, will not win but this doesn't appear to be a shoe I would pay resale for. Especially considering I have the 2015 model....What a wasted opportunity...

True that. Ironically, it's that legacy that drives retros ;-). I guess at some point the OGs get left behind and brands move on to cater to the next generation. As the new gen has no history with these shoes, they need other "gimmicks" to keep things interesting and fresh. I say, why not just release the OGs for the purists, and the "reimagined" versions for the rest.
Legacy? If you’re under 35 you probably don’t remember MJ playing. It’s all hype and look at me now.

I’m still a bit optimistic, if it’s just a cracked leather look, I’ll work with that…. But something ain’t sitting right with my spirit: they didn’t show the midsole. Dollars to donuts the sole will use the new Nike color: dehydrated-urine-yellow.

Back
Top Bottom