Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Just got off work, my pair arrived ! Still going after my 2nd pair on release day… outstanding jb I must say. 👌🏾
108FD363-6A33-47E8-962A-BBE364CF899B.jpeg

The guy who said he was never a fan of bball but whos name is jordanbball with the heat check. :pimp:

Call me crazy, but I'd be more disappointed if I take an L on the Chicago 2s than these. Neither is resale purchase worthy for me; been getting very picky given how large my collection has become. Frankly very few sneakers I "need" at this point. Looking forward to seeing how these releases unfold!

Yeah they were. Vino hit it on the head. My store, we had a handful of dope boy regulars that would come in at closing time a night or two before release. Gave my manager an extra $50-$100 a pair, he'd put the cash in the empty boxes, give them the shoes in a bag, and scan the boxes right before he opened the gates on release day. Now granted, this was just a couple of pairs per release and not the whole stock room, but dudes were absolutely paying big money in the late 90's-early 2k's to have stuff a couple of days early.
This was me lol
Mom and pops by my highschool would always hold me down on release day! Would go in a few days before, give him the cash and a bit extra and out the door I was. Simple times!!

And resale was definitely there in the early 2000. Heck I couldn’t even cop a DS pair of chicago 10 for less than 1000.

Last edited:
Got my pair from 2015 still in good shape. I want lost and found but i dont need em.
Not a big fan of the aged leather look. I like the box though.
Im not paying anything over 350-400,considering the stock numbers that are supposed to be huge...

And resale was definitely there in the early 2000. Heck I couldn’t even cop a DS pair of chicago 10 for less than 1000.

I took the earlier point/statement (forgot who said it) about resale back then not being like now as mostly accurate by my recollection. Not that it didn't exist. I bought more than a few pairs of retros via eBay back then, but the markup wasn't consistently as big as it often is today. I forget why but I couldn't get the '03 WC IIIs from any stores near me in metro Detroit, so I bought several pairs off the Bay. I think I paid like $50 or $60 over retail. I don't remember releases of the time commanding $400, $500 and more like it was nothing--as we see with a lot of stuff today. Granted, a $60 markup on those '03s was 60 percent, so you can look at some releases today and say it's actually no more of a markup, or even less.

The difference, or the perception of difference, has some other factors at play, though. Taking the above example, even "only" a 50 or 60 percent upcharge on a shoe that retails for $200 or more becomes rather costly, especially now that all the resale platforms charge tax and some charge additional fees. The sheer volume of releases that someone like me wants is much greater, too. Sure, you can make the inflation argument, but the cost of a lot of essential things has outpaced inflation while incomes have generally not matched it. So my overall perception is that shoes tend to cost quite a bit more today if we're talking resale. Not ALL of them, but a fair amount. Don't discount how the hugely higher costs of virtually everything impact someone's ability to buy things like this. Decades ago, my dad was able to work at a burger joint in college and buy a brand new MG convertible. Granted, he lived at home, but still: Find me a college kid living at home who can work part-time at McDonald's and go out and buy a brand new Miata on that income. The world ain't the same overall LOL

I sold my collection in 2006…Made enough to put a down payment on our first house, and took the whole family to Disney World for two weeks…Resell was definitely there…
It can’t be! His collection had to have been… IT’S OVER 9000!!!!

Yeah I brought that back.

I sold my collection in 2006…Made enough to put a down payment on our first house, and took the whole family to Disney World for two weeks…Resell was definitely there…

And people thought I was wilin' saying I bought a car in 2005 from kicks. :smh:

Mr Quiggles706 Quiggles706 where you at? :rofl:

As well as ccastro02 ccastro02 & @湾輪話 I seen ya'll liking his post. :lol:

Last edited:
Now that you say that, it got me thinking. I feel like--and this is just what I recall from my standpoint of what I was buying at the time--2005/2006 is when things took a step up as far as prices and things being difficult to get. I was originally thinking more about the 2000-03 or 04 era.

Back
Top Bottom