Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

Yeah I’m not sweating it. Only thing that has me slightly worried is that I copped on EA and then on the draw with a second account. Diff info/addy of course but still

Damn Terry, save some 8/8.5 for some of us :lol:

But on the subject, sometimes I get the “we haven’t forgotten about your order” email from Nike the same day I placed the order lol I’m like relax I’m not even rushing y’all.

Confessions of Fire Confessions of Fire

1669054237493.gif

I haven't copped sneakers from the resell market in a minute. Would you guys recommend I wait for mass orders to get delivered before I pull the trigger? Or just buy now? Thanks in advance everyone!

The whole “they’ll release again” logic is just never one I’ll subscribe too. My thoughts being:
- Who knows what people’s station in life, even if alive as tomorrow isn’t promised, will be whenever they drop again.
- Between all the resale platforms that are developing/growing every day, and the totally unknown future of trends and hype, who knows how easy or hard it’s gonna be to get the next drop. The “next time” thinking almost implies that next time will be a guaranteed W. Ish could be just as hard if not harder. Waiting another 3-7 years just to HOPE I win via another low percentage lotto is just wild to me.
- And if we’re just talking about the Chi 1s, people do realize that SINCE the retro pair in 94/95, to this day the 2015 retro is STILL the ONLY REGULAR Chi 1 w/ Nike Air. That’s only 1 REGULAR NA Chi in the past 27-28 years. 2013s had the Jumpman, and we got a bunch of remixes in the 1.5s, LAtoChis, Spideys, Trophy Rooms, and even the recent L&Fs. As picky as we rightfully are as many here just want regular degular Chis, who really knows when we’ll actually get a normal Chi again. As it’s been 7 years since the 2015s, and it was 20 years before those.

I say all this to say, I’d never knock anyone who wants to just wait until they “drop again,” but who knows what they will be when they drop, where we’ll be when they drop, and what getting them will be like when they drop.

I can’t knock anyone for staying true and not paying $450 for one pair of these right now. Not worth it unless you doing some trades, or got some money to blow in this economy. The price will come down, and if it hits a price you’re more comfortable with, pull it. But not at the peak

And there will always be another pair of Chi’s around the corner

As much as it pained me to pay resale, I did it because I had the original 85s when I was a kid and, I dont want to pay for the 2015s. I also love the backstory to the lost and founds as a lot of genx sneakerheads can totally relate like myself.

Life is short, and I'll never tell anyone how to spend their money. The memories this shoe brings me will far surpass the $200 over retail I paid for them.

IMG_20221120_180608_405.jpg

My 2 plus my 2015 Chi’s. Joints are fire.. perfect way to end the end of my wedding trip especially being able to get em for both of us 🙏🏽

I would say these are close to a ‘95 release and something in between current OG Highs and the 85 cut. The worst part is the white leather, I’ve seen SB’s do some things with crackled leather while maintaining a premium feel while the white part on the L and F’s feels oddly synthetic. Still excited to be abele to grab these .. :nthat: :nthat:

5E58CD5F-0E75-44D0-80FA-2BCA4712EB95.jpeg
all they had to do was make the leather buttery and then we have perfection

what is going to happen with the moldy pairs? are they sending them back to clean or just burning them all?

Its a nice sneaker. Its good if you have the 2015 Chicagos, but missed these. It stings when you try to get these but dont want to pay a higher resale price. We shouldn't depend on the luck of the draw to buy these. Its a shame how many listings you see of these, knowing how much demand there is to resell these, than to keep, appreciate, and maybe wear. So what happens? Its a vicious cycle to resell other sneakers, like amm IVs or anything else hyped and limited.

The whole “they’ll release again” logic is just never one I’ll subscribe too. My thoughts being:
- Who knows what people’s station in life, even if alive as tomorrow isn’t promised, will be whenever they drop again.
- Between all the resale platforms that are developing/growing every day, and the totally unknown future of trends and hype, who knows how easy or hard it’s gonna be to get the next drop. The “next time” thinking almost implies that next time will be a guaranteed W. Ish could be just as hard if not harder. Waiting another 3-7 years just to HOPE I win via another low percentage lotto is just wild to me.
- And if we’re just talking about the Chi 1s, people do realize that SINCE the retro pair in 94/95, to this day the 2015 retro is STILL the ONLY REGULAR Chi 1 w/ Nike Air. That’s only 1 REGULAR NA Chi in the past 27-28 years. 2013s had the Jumpman, and we got a bunch of remixes in the 1.5s, LAtoChis, Spideys, Trophy Rooms, and even the recent L&Fs. As picky as we rightfully are as many here just want regular degular Chis, who really knows when we’ll actually get a normal Chi again. As it’s been 7 years since the 2015s, and it was 20 years before those.

I say all this to say, I’d never knock anyone who wants to just wait until they “drop again,” but who knows what they will be when they drop, where we’ll be when they drop, and what getting them will be like when they drop.
Correct. Live for today, tomorrow isn’t promised. My philosophy is…strike while the iron is hot. In other words, JUST DO IT!

Back
Top Bottom