Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

I've done the hunt and it ****ing sucks. Original co.jp releases in my size 11-12 (depending on the shoe) were the worst to find if I even could. I do not want shopping experiences to be difficult :lol: some sadistic stuff right there. If I can choose between going online and buying a shoe today, or searching 6 months for the proper shoe in the right condition for the right price, yeah I'll take it today thanks.
My co.jp dunks from the early 2000s are still in the rotation, some of my favorite pairs. You don't miss the obsessive eBay searches? :lol:

Sneakers can be life changing???
Well…now that I think about it, I guess they can, pending the situation. Fresh pair of dope kicks can change the confidence in one’s walk.
no doubt

ben-stiller-badass.gif

These are never restocking.
they've been frantically cleaning the mold off pairs in the Memphis warehouse preparing for the big restock but it keeps growing back 🤷‍♂️

The real thrill for me, honestly, has always been the hunt - obtaining the pair at retail.

Back in the early eBay days, it was different for sneakerheads in that paying resale was still difficult because you actually had to track down the shoe you wanted, hope that it was deadstock (or at least in wearable condition) AND authentic. The only pair I paid resale for were the 1999 Black/Red 4s, and that was in 2003. Had to search 2-3 months before a pair in my size got listed. Nowadays, you can find pretty much any shoe deadstock, whether it’s through GOAT, StockX or eBay, as well as all the local consignment shops. Anyone can pay resale, so long as they have the funds. Where’s the thrill in that? Lol.

If you can score a pair you wanted on sale though - that’s an even bigger rush for me. 😂 I guess in theory, if you found a pair you wanted going below market value, that could be a rush for some, since it’s pretty much on sale
I'll echo this and add some other sentiments...

Early 2000s, the only secondary marketplace was eBay. There were some minor ones like NT (who remembers reference posts/checks?) and maybe meeting up locally but back then, people only bought shoes they intended on keeping. No one was really buying Jordans for resell yet. So finding someone locally was difficult because locals bought for themselves. It wasn't until about the mid 2000s when sneakerhead culture hit mainstream and it wasn't a "fetish" or weird hobby anymore. Suddenly, it became cool/hip to buy and collect sneakers.

My "grails" back in the early/mid 2000s were 2003 White/Cement IIIs. You had to do your own authentication through the auction pictures. Fakes were everywhere on eBay and sellers were openly trying to mislead and confuse people by saying they're authentic/legit. But a nice feature of the '03 WC 3s was that the sneaker tag on the backside of the tongue was pink so if you looked for that, you knew they were authentic.

So yeah, count me in the same boat: I'll gladly pay resale on a pair of shoes if I want them bad enough to save time. It's still fun copping shoes for retail but I'm not trying to spend months to acquire some shoes anymore.

I’ll still never understand “hunting” for shoes in this day and age that are readily available on all platforms *shrug*

Now if you’re talking about some crazy samples/PEs or off the wall pair that never pops up then sure

Otherwise you’re not hunting, you’re just not wanting to pay what sellers are asking

I’ll still never understand “hunting” for shoes that are readily available on all platforms *shrug*

Now if you’re talking about some crazy samples/PEs or off the wall pair that never pops up then sure
No hunting anymore. Everything is readily available so long as you have the cash. Shoot, you can even scoop up the Air Mags right now if you wanted to. Lol

My first pair of chicago 1s was 2013s so I'm grateful to have some wearable 2022s after the soles on my 95s said no more. Bells and whistles and gimmicks aside, I'm happy with the 22s. It's just some chicago 1s to me no matter what they did to em - even as bad as the 2013s were with the jumpman branding, my problem was more the stiff *** leather that was uncomfortable. When I look down at the lost and founds I see chicago 1s, plus they're regular 1 comfort, that's good enough for me.
What did u do with your 95s? No reason, just curious

No hunting anymore. Everything is readily available so long as you have the cash. Shoot, you can even scoop up the Air Mags right now if you wanted to. Lol
The Air Mags are dope and I grew up in the 80s and remember seeing Back to the Future 2 in the theater when it first came out. So they have special meaning for me as a form of childhood nostalgia.

But honestly, I can't imagine a scenario where I would actually wear those out somewhere.

...not exactly a great look with jeans imo.

For lower priced ticket items I don’t stress it too much. For the higher ticket item, “the hunt” could save you $500+. I was in the market for a pair of size 11M/12.5W -11.5M/13W Off white 4 sailsfor ages and the reason I didn’t pull the trigger is because I didn’t want to pay the $2500-$3200 price tag. I finally jumped on a deal that was wayyy below market price and it finally felt good to pull the trigger. Even the used Goat prices are going for more than I paid for my DS pair.

But that doesn’t really apply to stuff under $1000

The Air Mags are dope and I grew up in the 80s and remember seeing Back to the Future 2 in the theater when it first came out. So they have special meaning for me as a form of childhood nostalgia.

But honestly, I can't imagine a scenario where I would actually wear those out somewhere.

...not exactly a great look with jeans imo.

Funny story about mags. I was contemplating buying a pair like ten years ago and almost pulled the trigger. At the time I was an admin on NDSBG which was a huge buying/selling group on Facebook. I got asked to middleman a few trades (and eventually turned it into a pretty successful business until I got sick of it but was blessed to handle some of the rarest shoes at the time). But a couple times I handled air mags it actually made me not want them anymore and actually dislike them. I don’t care for the movies at all and I think I just wanted them because they looked cool and were so expensive :lol:

86583F46-789D-4118-990E-FC697537FD5B.jpeg
F1DCEB98-37BA-4098-A19A-90F8FE020580.jpeg

Funny story about mags. I was contemplating buying a pair like ten years ago and almost pulled the trigger. At the time I was an admin on NDSBG which was a huge buying/selling group on Facebook. I got asked to middleman a few trades (and eventually turned it into a pretty successful business until I got sick of it but was blessed to handle some of the rarest shoes at the time). But a couple times I handled air mags it actually made me not want them anymore and actually dislike them. I don’t care for the movies at all and I think I just wanted them because they looked cool and were so expensive :lol:

86583F46-789D-4118-990E-FC697537FD5B.jpeg
F1DCEB98-37BA-4098-A19A-90F8FE020580.jpeg
Godamn. How much is that whole lot worth?

Godamn. How much is that whole lot worth?

Man back then it was whatever but prices are stupid on that stuff now. I wanna say mags were under $10k or around there as this was 2013. Looking at the value of everything I handled now (over all the years I did it) I bet it’s several hundred thousand. Paris SBs, FLOMs, Bron samples, Jordan samples, endless red October’s (I hate those shoes now :lol: )

It was a fun time man, you can see all the deals on my IG I posted. I’d never do it all again now though, too stressful :lol:

They have their own authentication process. I also compared to my retail pair and they look good. Only way to know 100% these days if your pair is legit is if you bought them straight from a major retailer. Otherwise it's 99.999% and you gotta live with that if you're buying/trading on secondary marketplaces.

I gave up Patent Breds (never liked, got for retail on SNKRS) and Rebellionaires (extra pair, got for retail from local boutique) for the L&Fs. It was debated several pages ago whether or not I overpaid. I personally don't think I did and I got the shoes I wanted.
You won

Sad to say, but this is basically true.

I opened up the box to my Breds yesterday, expecting to have some sort of spiritual moment.

And it was just...a pair of shoes.

The idea of the shoe is always bigger than the shoe itself.
You finally got ‘em? 😲

Footpatrol has entries now through their FP Launches App, but seems to be limited to Europe. I entered using the address of my folks, as I will ravel there this year anyway. Didn't allow a US address as they allowed with previous pairs...
Screenshot_20230124-211726.png

Last edited:
What did u do with your 95s? No reason, just curious
They are retired and on my shelves with the rest of my shoes but I won't wear em anymore. The soles are still stitched securely but the foam and air unit within the sole is completely toast. I could wear em for a short amount of time if I don't have to walk much but no point in that with the 22s now.

Back
Top Bottom