Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

Nah Bonkers did it first and only charged like 10 euro or something. Something super easy to spot.

This was Zupport.
They've deleted all links and disabled all comments leading back to it.
So again the going about **** the complete wrong way.'

they even advertise an ONLINE release.

https://blog.zupport.de/nike-sb-jordan-1-low-unc-coming-soon/
Yea man the more I think about it, the more torn I am. Like I get a store doing it bc they are tired of their site getting crashed by bots but I also feel bad for manual users that get caught up in it.

Yea man the more I think about it, the more torn I am. Like I get a store doing it bc they are tired of their site getting crashed by bots but I also feel bad for manual users that get caught up in it.
If they did it for bots and it’s a lot of manual users getting ****ed up with it then they went about it the wrong way and completely failed at what they were trying to do.

i mean how does posting something with all the same keyword and **** that acts like a sneaker solve the issue.
especially after advertising that youd be selling the sneakers.

easiest way to solve it is not selling em or advertising em at all on your website.

they found a way to make a quick buck after seeing another shop get away with it. dressed it up legally and called it proper.

now theyve sent out a mass email saying basically **** you we said it was a picture.
and covering their tracks.

its weird.

i mean how does posting something with all the same keyword and **** that acts like a sneaker solve the issue.
especially after advertising that youd be selling the sneakers.

easiest way to solve it is not selling em or advertising em at all on your website.

they found a way to make a quick buck after seeing another shop get away with it. dressed it up legally and called it proper.

now theyve sent out a mass email saying basically **** you we said it was a picture.
and covering their tracks.

its weird.
Read this article. I think you'll look at it differently.

https://www.soloskatemag.com/en/bonkers-vs-bots

The problem was, even if we didn't have the shoe online, the bots still came, the server was down for three days and we couldn't use our website. Then we decided to do something and thought about how those bots work. They get a command to buy product XY and only stop when they have fulfilled the target or get switched off. Then we came across these Facebook ads from some dubious dudes selling digital e-books and stuff. You get a product automatically and you don't have the right to return it, because how do you want to return an email? You can pretend that you're deleting it, but you can have already duplicated the product on your computer. So we decided to also show the middle finger and sell digital pictures of the shoes. We put the shoes online 3.000 times in every shoe size with the title: "Picture of shoe XY" and wrote in the product description that it's not about the shoe, but about seven product pictures of the shoe at 10 Euro each. But of course a bot does not recognize this. It simply searches for the product name and then thinks: "Buy, buy, buy!". The awesome thing is, you have to check off at the check out that you are aware that you are buying a digital product and have no right of return. As soon as they paid, the photos came to them via email, the bots switched off and we said: "Thank you!" and took a very high amount of money…

Read this article. I think you'll look at it differently.

https://www.soloskatemag.com/en/bonkers-vs-bots

The problem was, even if we didn't have the shoe online, the bots still came, the server was down for three days and we couldn't use our website. Then we decided to do something and thought about how those bots work. They get a command to buy product XY and only stop when they have fulfilled the target or get switched off. Then we came across these Facebook ads from some dubious dudes selling digital e-books and stuff. You get a product automatically and you don't have the right to return it, because how do you want to return an email? You can pretend that you're deleting it, but you can have already duplicated the product on your computer. So we decided to also show the middle finger and sell digital pictures of the shoes. We put the shoes online 3.000 times in every shoe size with the title: "Picture of shoe XY" and wrote in the product description that it's not about the shoe, but about seven product pictures of the shoe at 10 Euro each. But of course a bot does not recognize this. It simply searches for the product name and then thinks: "Buy, buy, buy!". The awesome thing is, you have to check off at the check out that you are aware that you are buying a digital product and have no right of return. As soon as they paid, the photos came to them via email, the bots switched off and we said: "Thank you!" and took a very high amount of money…

nah im looking at it the same dawg. even worse. lol.

how can the bots shut the server down if they're searching for a keyword that's not on the site?
as in if "product XY" is not at all available on their site bots would have noting to crash right?

they literally just said they copied a dubious model of business and made a ton of money off of it. this middle finger to bot bs sounds like a great excuse to scam.

they just legalized it with a checkbox.

and again. Zupport INVITED people to the website not only through advertisement but also through adding a "product" that mimics the actual product exactly.
its a scam through and through.

the product code for the shoes is CJ7891-401 the product code for the pictures is CJ7891-401.16.

like come on lol.

nah im looking at it the same dawg. even worse. lol.

how can the bots shut the server down if they're searching for a keyword that's not on the site?
as in if "product XY" is not at all available on their site bots would have noting to crash right?

they literally just said they copied a dubious model of business and made a ton of money off of it. this middle finger to bot bs sounds like a great excuse to scam.

they just legalized it with a checkbox.

and again. Zupport INVITED people to the website not only through advertisement but also through adding a "product" that mimics the actual product exactly.
its a scam through and through.

the product code for the shoes is CJ7891-401 the product code for the pictures is CJ7891-401.16.

like come on lol.
The site crashes from the amount of hits. Doesn't matter what they are searching for, just that they are there and searching. They could all just be refreshing the homepage. Small sites like that can't handle 700k hits per minute. Site crashes, they can't do online business for days, and then they have to pay someone to fix it. That's annoying as a small shop owner.

I feel bad that you got caught up in it but I bet bots stop ****ing with their site now.

The site crashes from the amount of hits. Doesn't matter what they are searching for, just that they are there and searching. They could all just be refreshing the homepage. Small sites like that can't handle 700k hits per minute. Site crashes, they can't do online business for days, and then they have to pay someone to fix it. That's annoying as a small shop owner.

I feel bad that you got caught up in it but I bet bots stop ****ing with their site now.

I get it. but again if theyre not advertising anything they wouldnt get hits.
Theres plenty skate shops who operate through these drops cus they not selling em online.
and again they inviting the traffic with this bs.

i fully believe they saw it work for one place and replicated it for free money.
i also havent received my images. lol.

but it is what it is. take this on the chin.

So you went to a foreign site that you know nothing about, didn't use a web translator, and clicked on every box to buy something? I mean it sucks for you but I'm having a hard time blaming anyone but you. Don't buy something when you don't know what you're buying. Sorry if that makes me sound like a ****.
That’s exactly what I did. I hate resellers and appreciate attempts to stop them. If these attempts actually work, I’m happy to be collateral damage now and then.

I get it. but again if theyre not advertising anything they wouldnt get hits.
Theres plenty skate shops who operate through these drops cus they not selling em online.
and again they inviting the traffic with this bs.

i fully believe they saw it work for one place and replicated it for free money.
i also havent received my images. lol.

but it is what it is. take this on the chin.
If I owned a shop, on a semi-hyped release, I'd sell all pairs in-store. Reward the people that really **** with me, not someone in a different country looking for a flip. Solve all the bs.

If I owned a shop, on a semi-hyped release, I'd sell all pairs in-store. Reward the people that really **** with me, not someone in a different country looking for a flip. Solve all the bs.
Same here, and I would only sell to people I knew were going to wear them.

Well, there are already shops that make you do a trick, wear them out of the store, keep the boxes, etc. What really makes me laugh is the people who do reselling as a "business", as in their food on the table depends on chicken hawking culture. I feel no pity.

None of those methods are perfect.

Nobody who can do a kickflip is more deserving of the shoe than I am based solely on that fact.

Despite my general feelings towards them, Brooklyn Projects had an interesting method I saw. I think it was on diamonds? Can’t remember.

They just kept the stock in the back for a few weeks I think. Randomly offered pairs to people in the store who bought stuff, chopped it up, etc at the employees discretion.

Even that isn’t perfect but was something new at least.

None of those methods are perfect.

Nobody who can do a kickflip is more deserving of the shoe than I am based solely on that fact.

Despite my general feelings towards them, Brooklyn Projects had an interesting method I saw. I think it was on diamonds? Can’t remember.

They just kept the stock in the back for a few weeks I think. Randomly offered pairs to people in the store who bought stuff, chopped it up, etc at the employees discretion.

Even that isn’t perfect but was something new at least.
Yea I've always thought this made the most sense, at least for odd pairs here and there. People hit restocks on Undefeated for random stuff all the time. Why not just put that one pair out in the store for some lucky guy that walked in to spend money in your shop rather than guy running a bot from Iowa?

That’s exactly what I did. I hate resellers and appreciate attempts to stop them. If these attempts actually work, I’m happy to be collateral damage now and then.

It's never okay to intentionally deceive customers either. They knew folks weren't reading that whole description.

Could you imagine if Nike or Footlocker pulled some bs like that?

That's just straight up dirty business practices. They need to refund 100% of the money or it makes them no better than a bot and a reseller themselves....they effectively sold double+ of their actual inventory.

Refund the money and that can teach those buyers a "lesson" in that they didn't get their shoes they thought they were and to read the t&c of what you're buying.

Yea I've always thought this made the most sense, at least for odd pairs here and there. People hit restocks on Undefeated for random stuff all the time. Why not just put that one pair out in the store for some lucky guy that walked in to spend money in your shop rather than guy running a bot from Iowa?
I also like this approach. It would incentivize me to spend more time and $$ at stores. Instead, I find the experience of going in-store for releases and being surrounded by resellers to be generally miserable.

Crazy times when you got all this going for lows (albeit dope but still lows). Tried to find an early look yt video before the drop, and could only find resell prediction and sit/sell videos. Shoe game in a scary place right now.

Crazy times when you got all this going for lows (albeit dope but still lows). Tried to find an early look yt video before the drop, and could only find resell prediction and sit/sell videos. Shoe game in a scary place right now.

I hate the damn resell market these days. Every post about an upcoming release on social media is filled with a comment section full of dorks asking what’s the predicted resell value? **** is sickening. I’m also irritated with some guys with their panties in a bunch because they feel these lows belong to skaters and those affiliated with skate culture only. These shops with the bogus bot prevention tactics too. These are Jordan 1’s before anything. They were adopted into skate culture, but at the end of the day, they’re a basketball shoe. I hope whoever got duped by that site gets their money back. If shops have to resort to those tactics, then just don’t bother selling them to begin with. Most of those stores don’t even have an inventory to warrant the bs that comes with it. Couldn’t be a U.S. store doing that. Somebody would get touched playing like that.

Back
Top Bottom