Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

I guess I’m just different lol. I’ve always taken really good care of my shoes since young and now that I’m an adult with a career and can barely wear tennis shoes M-F as it is, my shoes get to stay super clean and I haven’t had to UNDS any of my “doubles” because of the fact that I blew through the first one, yet. So I’ll just never understand the need 20+ pairs of the SAME joint for my own “personal use” let alone more than 2 maybe 3 pairs. All that is before you even scratch the surface of the underlying hoarder, possible mental issues that some people do suffer unfortunately. It’s ok to have the discussion. I’m here for it.
Who cares what someone does with their own money?
If they not hurting you or your family members to get that money or said shoe, who cares

My pair of LA to Chi has been verified as authentic by Stock X and is on the way!

Dang that was quick. I just placed that order on Sunday. lol

Who cares what someone does with their own money?
If they not hurting you or your family members to get that money or said shoe, who cares

I care. It’s about having a larger discussion. Doesn’t have to hurt me in order to state my opinion on it. People can share their lifestyle and habits on the internet for the world to see freely and that’s cool. Doesn’t mean everyone has to agree with it. I respect your opinion that no one should care. Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited:
I care. It’s about having a larger discussion. Doesn’t have to hurt me state my opinion on it. People can put their lifestyle and habits on the internet for the world to see freely and that cool. Doesn’t mean everyone has to agree with it. I respect your opinion that no one should care. Thanks for chiming in.
Where will this conversation lead to though?
Who has the bigger bank account?
If you losing sleep over trying to figure out why people do the things they do with whatever it is they want to spend their own money on, I'm a little concerned

Last edited:
Where will this conversation lead to though?
Who has the bigger bank account?
If you losing sleep over trying to figure out why people do the things they do with whatever it is they want to spend their own money on, I'm a little concerned

it's not about the money. the larger discussion would lead to what the underlying issue is that causes someone to hoard, which i think is what triggered this converstaion.

I personally wear my shoes sparingly, mostly weekends. I have beaters for work. I had doubles of a lot of stuff but I don’t see the need for that anymore. I think even with one pair of something, it’ll last me to death.

Two pairs in from Skate Deluxe in Germany

B173C2A1-736C-4C4E-AA1C-1006E4CA3549.jpeg

If it’s your opinion that it’s ok and should be accepted/overlooked then fine. Like I said, *extreme over consumption is where I take issue, as you should. Sure hit me with the the old “It’s not hurting anybody” excuse but don’t forget there is always a means to an end. You’re probably hurting yourself, b. That’s the point.
explain to us all how I'm "probably hurting myself". this should be good...

:nerd:

Anything over two pairs and your just waiting on your time to resell... No one keeps 3 or more for personal wear.. honestly thought everyone here was use to seeing dudes with multiples, it's been the norm for so long now.

I guess I’m just different lol. I’ve always taken really good care of my shoes since young and now that I’m an adult with a career and can barely wear tennis shoes M-F as it is, my shoes get to stay super clean and I haven’t had to UNDS any of my “doubles” because of the fact that I blew through the first one, yet. So I’ll just never understand the need 20+ pairs of the SAME joint for my own “personal use” let alone more than 2 maybe 3 pairs. All that is before you even scratch the surface of the underlying hoarder, possible mental issues that some people do suffer unfortunately. It’s ok to have the discussion. I’m here for it.
well that's the difference. I dont have a traditional 9 - 5 so I wear wtf I want when I want. I quit my IT job in '12 and have been my own boss ever since and I'm thankful for the flexibility i have while also being able to take care of my family and buy what i want and they dont want for anything. Most High willing, I'll never have to go back to working for someone else. and in the process I'm showing my sons they can be their own boss as well. so I'm sorry you dont get to wear your kicks anymore, but dont project your life onto everyone else!

Two pairs in from Skate Deluxe in Germany

B173C2A1-736C-4C4E-AA1C-1006E4CA3549.jpeg

The wings logo at the top of the heel, rather than the bottom towards the midsole(like other J1 lows), is a subtle change but looks a million times better.
Loving the thicccc insoles with zoom. They feel a bit clunky, the first hour of wear because the insoles need to be broken in, but are amazing after that. I have a feeling these are gonna get a lot of wear based off the fact they’re so clean, easy to slip on, and just go.

I recently replaced my insoles on banned 2016s (worn from day 1 RD) with zoom insoles from beat hyperposites, because the insoles on the banneds, became super flimsy and turned to dust(like Thanos put the snap on em). I’m going to use the Koston insoles on my other OG highs that are probably suffering the same fate, when I retire them down the line. Nice to have multiple uses for a shoe, even when it’s totally cooked.

I personally wear my shoes sparingly, mostly weekends. I have beaters for work. I had doubles of a lot of stuff but I don’t see the need for that anymore. I think even with one pair of something, it’ll last me to death.
yea bc you're 50 and where slacks M - F
not srs

well that's the difference. I dont have a traditional 9 - 5 so I wear wtf I want when I want. I quit my IT job in '12 and have been my own boss ever since and I'm thankful for the flexibility i have while also being able to take care of my family and buy what i want and they dont want for anything. Most High willing, I'll never have to go back to working for someone else. and in the process I'm showing my sons they can be their own boss as well. so I'm sorry you dont get to wear your kicks anymore, but dont project your life onto everyone else!
what do you do, if you don't mind me asking? is it IT-related? i'm currently in IT and curious to see how others that left the corporate world parlayed their background to whatever came next.

If I only have 1 pair of something, it’s definitely not getting worn. If I have 2 pairs, I might wear it(50/50), but if I have a third pair, it’s getting worn and beat down to the ground for sure.

That’s what a collector is: someone who collects. I used to “hoard” basketball cards and welcomed doubles or triples of the same MJ cards. Most of these shoes(especially retros from my childhood), mean much more than a pair of “hype” shoes and illicit memories of happiness and nostalgia that’s impossible to replicate(for those who didn’t grow up Admiring MJ and his kicks, I really don’t expect you to understand). That’s why some of us collect or hoard more than 2 pairs, not because it’s reasonable or financially savvy, but because of the feelings of joy they bring about. I have been beating the crap out of my recent black cement 3s which I grabbed 3 of; if I only had 1-2 pairs, I would have never allowed myself to beat pair #1.

Niketalk: where grown men watch each others’ wallets and closets.

Anything over two pairs and your just waiting on your time to resell... No one keeps 3 or more for personal wear.. honestly thought everyone here was use to seeing dudes with multiples, it's been the norm for so long now.

Tripling up to wear only really works if you only wear those sneakers or don’t have a massive rotation. I’m certain pretty much everyone on NT has a MINIMUM 5-10 pair rotation of kicks though. That said, I don’t understand why people are bothered by others hoarding pairs that can be worn down the line by themselves or someone else.

If I only have 1 pair of something, it’s definitely not getting worn. If I have 2 pairs, I might wear it(50/50), but if I have a third pair, it’s getting worn and beat down to the ground for sure.

That’s what a collector is: someone who collects. I used to “hoard” basketball cards and welcomed doubles or triples of the same MJ cards. Most of these shoes(especially retros from my childhood), mean much more than a pair of “hype” shoes and illicit memories of happiness and nostalgia that’s impossible to replicate(for those who didn’t grow up Admiring MJ and his kicks, I really don’t expect you to understand). That’s why some of us collect or hoard more than 2 pairs, not because it’s reasonable or financially savvy, but because of the feelings of joy they bring about. I have been beating the crap out of my recent black cement 3s which I grabbed 3 of; if I only had 1-2 pairs, I would have never allowed myself to beat pair #1.

Niketalk: where grown men watch each others’ wallets and closets.

I agree with you and, as a collector myself, I can relate.

That said, hoarding pairs until they are unwearable is not only financially dumb, but also incredibly wasteful. Obviously, this only applies to models with polyurethane midsoles (so not AJ 1s, etc.), but I have seen this problem among long-term sneaker collectors.

Currently working in IT and doing real estate investing on the side. I can’t wait to make a post like this in the next couple of years. Congrats brother keep prospering.

I also wear what I want to work if I even bother to go in. I’m literally posting this on the bathroom while wearing a bape tee and some jays.

Niketalk: where grown men watch each other make horrible financial decisions that are in NO WAY a good example for their kids as much as they’d like you to believe.

Fixed. Hyper consumerism with “nostalgia” being the scape goat. Yeah that’s an awesome example for the kids :smh:.

Back
Top Bottom