Jordan 2011 Sneaker Review (Mini Melo M7 review added as well)

These new colorways are awesome - totally transform the shoe IMO. I gotta get those electric greens!

air-jordan-2011-april-colorways-570x344.jpg

These new colorways are awesome - totally transform the shoe IMO. I gotta get those electric greens!

air-jordan-2011-april-colorways-570x344.jpg

Someone asked if anyone played in the M7 in the Jordan section. Here is my brief review:

I play in the all black version M7. They are a very good shoe, especially in ankle support & lockdown (best), traction and cushioning. The zoom / air max setup is one of the best I have played in.  Blows my LB VI PS out of the water!! If you play the 2 to 5 spot, and want a solid well cushioned shoe that will out perform most shoes out now, pick up a pair of the M7. The Advanced are next on my list - making this shoe lighter will only make it that much better!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Someone asked if anyone played in the M7 in the Jordan section. Here is my brief review:

I play in the all black version M7. They are a very good shoe, especially in ankle support & lockdown (best), traction and cushioning. The zoom / air max setup is one of the best I have played in.  Blows my LB VI PS out of the water!! If you play the 2 to 5 spot, and want a solid well cushioned shoe that will out perform most shoes out now, pick up a pair of the M7. The Advanced are next on my list - making this shoe lighter will only make it that much better!

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Originally Posted by si3n4

Prostaffer,
How do the M7s compar to the lebron 7 ps and the 2011s?

They are really great shoes. The M7's suffer for me because of the heel cup that it uses to secure the back of your foot. For me it is often too tight and leads to some irritations, especially since I do not wear high socks. I prefer high quarters (not low cuts).

The M7's also suffer from a weight issue. Both the Lebron 7ps and 2011 fit your foot in a similar fashion. I would take the 2011 over the 7 PS all day simply because the traction is a touch more superior. I'm loving my 2011's. I will try the Lebron 9 PS in a few weeks once a colorway comes out that I like. With all the options the 2011 has I can't imagine someone not finding a colorway that makes them fall in love. Plus I love the 2011's for the casual aspect. They look great in jeans, not so much with shorts, and I just slip in the air cushioning and chill. The 2011 is a fun shoe in so many ways.

2011 > 7 PS > M7

720365451c0414c968fb01a4c32aaf9cf26b494f.jpg

Originally Posted by si3n4

Prostaffer,
How do the M7s compar to the lebron 7 ps and the 2011s?

They are really great shoes. The M7's suffer for me because of the heel cup that it uses to secure the back of your foot. For me it is often too tight and leads to some irritations, especially since I do not wear high socks. I prefer high quarters (not low cuts).

The M7's also suffer from a weight issue. Both the Lebron 7ps and 2011 fit your foot in a similar fashion. I would take the 2011 over the 7 PS all day simply because the traction is a touch more superior. I'm loving my 2011's. I will try the Lebron 9 PS in a few weeks once a colorway comes out that I like. With all the options the 2011 has I can't imagine someone not finding a colorway that makes them fall in love. Plus I love the 2011's for the casual aspect. They look great in jeans, not so much with shorts, and I just slip in the air cushioning and chill. The 2011 is a fun shoe in so many ways.

2011 > 7 PS > M7

720365451c0414c968fb01a4c32aaf9cf26b494f.jpg

any follow up review between the black patent and the blk/anthracite? i love my blk/anthracite and i really like another pair for playing.. but i felt like the patent are stiff on the forefoot. does this change over time? thanks!

any follow up review between the black patent and the blk/anthracite? i love my blk/anthracite and i really like another pair for playing.. but i felt like the patent are stiff on the forefoot. does this change over time? thanks!

I wouldn't say that is softens over time. It seems that you just get used to it. Perhaps it softens a touch, but it is still noticeable. The stability afforded by the stiffer does help lateral movement though.

I wouldn't say that is softens over time. It seems that you just get used to it. Perhaps it softens a touch, but it is still noticeable. The stability afforded by the stiffer does help lateral movement though.

Back
Top Bottom