Jordan 9 doernbecher to release 11/30 - $175

My Finnigan Dunks SB DB's shipped. Still a lil salty bout them DB 9's
mean.gif

So now I'm content. Failed on first Twitter RSVP at Roosevelt, then failed at NDC. Found out Roosevelt was doing RSVP again, so I decided to go to the Apple store (internet was fast as ****.) Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad people in the Apple Store, all om Twitter I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out. Finally got my confirmation and yes, I jumped for joy like a little kid. 

nice work :smile:

DB just put the SOUL back in the IX.
JB is smart for that.
DB XV is NEXT!

You got that right. The DB release is like the world championship for the IX. after getting beat with subpar colorways, it finally gets its shine with a great colorway and a plethora of intricate details. You can't deny the shoe isnt classy. Its actually the first shoe in the line that actually looks like a sneaker for adults.

I remember when I was able to cop the DB 2s, 1s, 6s, and 3s over the phone at various Niketowns after striking out on NDC. Now they got some RSVPs on Twitter. Are there really that many more sneakerheads nowadays or is it all hype?

You got that right. The DB release is like the world championship for the IX. after getting beat with subpar colorways, it finally gets its shine with a great colorway and a plethora of intricate details. You can't deny the shoe isnt classy. Its actually the first shoe in the line that actually looks like a sneaker for adults.
man I want what this guy is smoking LMAO.

Sneaker for adults? It looks like a sneaker for a Mexican drug dealer. And I wouldn't call that classy :/

To say it's the best IX ever is pretty much just like saying you're the biggest hypebeast ever lmao WOW. Better than the OGs? Seriously? Please tell me you were kidding. And to compare it to the BIN ix is like....pssshhh

Just on the quality aspect alone, the DB is about 10 levels below the OGs and BIN. The DB 9 is probably the first shoe that JB has ever made where if you just try it on and take a few steps it causes permanent very visible creasing. The uppers are literally cardboard. It looks and feels like it was made in the Chinese' craft class. Paper mache anybody?

I wish more people felt the same way as you and had the BIN 9 in their possession. Would LOVE to trade a DB for the BIN or any of the OGs. I'd include a good amount of cash as well. Any size 13 people out there smoking the same pipe as this guy? Holler at me.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that there's people that are actually praising the quality lmao! Seriously? Are you so blinded by the hype that you don't realize the uppers are cardboard? :/ That is literally cardboard folks. Has JB even stooped to that level before? They are going to look like trash after about 5 wears.
JB designer: "we'll make the cardboard have a 3M look and they wont even notice."
I'll forgive the plastic lace loops and globe (even tho this is a $175 shoe) but I cant get over the cardboard uppers. Guess im just the type that prefers quality over any other aspect of the shoe......
The laser etching is tight tho...

this coming from the person praising the DB 4s quality. at least these wont have the paint cracking problems those did.

also I walked around in these already. they dont crease as much as you would think they would. its not the same 3m from the 3M 5s or even the Galaxy Flight ones. It seems like its going to be a durable material

^ sorry if I keep it to real for you..positive or not. if it had stellar quality then I would say it has stellar quality. I stated before that the laser etching is tight. playa positive enough for you? :/

anybody putting this shoe over the OGs should be banned based on sneaker principle lol. That's pretty much the definition of a hypebeast right there if you're ever looking for one. It's a cool, unique shoe don't get me wrong. But greatest IX ever? lol Come on now. Dude probably thinks Bron is greater than MJ too just because he's the newest, best and most hype NBA star currently. Pfffff. Carry on....

Last edited:
this coming from the person praising the DB 4s quality. at least these wont have the paint cracking problems those did.
also I walked around in these already. they dont crease as much as you would think they would. its not the same 3m from the 3M 5s or even the Galaxy Flight ones. It seems like its going to be a durable material
I never once praised the DB 4 quality. Learn to read before responding. It's not even 3M. It's cardboard laced on top with a retracting material. Try them on and walk around a little bit...they will look like you've owned them for a month already in normal shoe standards.

I agree with sthebest. I like these better than the BIN IX. I also feel as if these and the DB3 were the best of the series thus far. Guess I'm the dreaded "hypebeast" now... Hahahaha These are one of the best looking IXs ever.. Period. Kudos to the designers for this one

man I want what this guy is smoking LMAO.

Sneaker for adults? It looks like a sneaker for a Mexican drug dealer. And I wouldn't call that classy :/

To say it's the best IX ever is pretty much just like saying you're the biggest hypebeast ever lmao WOW. Better than the OGs? Seriously? Please tell me you were kidding. And to compare it to the BIN ix is like....pssshhh

Just on the quality aspect alone, the DB is about 10 levels below the OGs and BIN. The DB 9 is probably the first shoe that JB has ever made where if you just try it on and take a few steps it causes permanent very visible creasing. The uppers are literally cardboard. It looks and feels like it was made in the Chinese' craft class. Paper mache anybody?

I wish more people felt the same way as you and had the BIN 9 in their possession. Would LOVE to trade a DB for the BIN or any of the OGs. I'd include a good amount of cash as well. Any size 13 people out there smoking the same pipe as this guy? Holler at me.

dude Ive had 02 Cool Greys and had the 2010 Powders. I havent had many of the 9s because ive never been fond of this model (dating back to the mid 90s when I first noticed a classmate's OG Charcoals looked like hiking boots :lol:)

my opinion is that these are the best executed IXs ever. true these have a 3m upper, but if they had leather people would have wanted 3m anyways. And this feature has so many dope features its not even funny: leather insole, clear outside that shows off splatter design, 3m upper, laser etching, and various marking of the creators name throughout the shoe.

I know you may like the DB 4s but personally i think theyre trash. throw a Superman logo on a 4 with a whole bunch of loud colorways that dont go well together with a tacky arrow design that looks like a video game code and you have one of the worst Jordans ever. I bet you also like Miro 7s too don't you? Id rather look like a Mexican Drug Dealer in the 9s than look like someone trying to hold onto my youth in the 4s.

Btw im 28 and actually saw most of Mike's games while he was on the Bulls? Can you even say the same? No, you probably just watched highlight tapes on ESPN Classic

Last edited:
I agree with sthebest. I like these better than the BIN IX. I also feel as if these and the DB3 were the best of the series thus far. Guess I'm the dreaded "hypebeast" now... Hahahaha These are one of the best looking IXs ever.. Period. Kudos to the designers for this one
definitely borderline hypebeast to say a shoe is the best ever on the date it comes out. Relax fellas. Give it some time lol. **** I like the motorboats more than these but that's just me. And nothing beats the OGs in my book. But I'm probably talking to some kids who are half my age and weren't even around when MJ was playing. Without the OGs, there wouldn't even be a doernbecher IX....

Dude, get out of here with that sneaker elitest attitude. You are the one acting like a "beast" for bashing people's opinions on a product that you have no creative rights over. Going hard because people like a shoe on a sneaker forum. That's what we are all here for. These are one of the best looking IXs, what does saying that today or a year later have to do with anything? Go get a hug and relax bro.

BTW I'm 30 and have had the privilege of owning "OGs" and watching MJ play.. None of which are relevant in this discussion bro.

Last edited:
definitely borderline hypebeast to say a shoe is the best ever on the date it comes out. Relax fellas. Give it some time lol. **** I like the motorboats more than these but that's just me. And nothing beats the OGs in my book. But I'm probably talking to some kids who are half my age and weren't even around when MJ was playing. Without the OGs, there wouldn't even be a doernbecher IX....

Read my previous post. I am 28 and saw most games MJ played in as a Bull. Im from Chicago and have seen nearly every OG colorway you can think of and owned a good deal of them. By your logic, Olives are better than these simply because theyre OGs? I dont think so bruh. Im partial to black and white colorways so it makes sense that I would take to these too. I don't 5 years to go by before I declare what I like and what I dont.

Don't try to educate me. If you want to lecture hypebeasts, go find a Hot Topic and give them an earful while theyre buying Lil Wayne shirts.

I won't reveal my age but let's just say I'm significantly older than you. Born and raised in Chicago when MJ was in his prime. Besides the point though. You obviously were in theater back then not even paying attention to sports if you gonna make outlandish comments about a replica retro being greater than the OG.

Miro 7 are complete garbage. Doernbecher IV are crack. Are they the "best IV ever" though? Hell no. 2010 powders? Seriously? Those were garbage. Didn't do the OG any justice. Do I need to get out my DS OG powders and show you what quality is and all of the details on them?

Sounds like you also need to hold the BIN 9 in hand to know what real quality is. I understand if you don't like the colorway of the BIN but is it really that different from the DB. Just add some black to it.

At least now you admit that you'd look like a Mexican drug dealer instead of saying it's a shoe "for adults" and "classy" LMAO!! comical. The BIN if anything should be the one being considered classy and the doernbecher would be like the BIN on a line of that coke u snortin.....

Last edited:
feedtheego: I wasn't even talking to you or feeding the ego. I respect all of your opinions. Doesn't mean I can't have my own different one.

I think you guys are just speaking on colors..while I'm speaking on the whole product at hand, and mainly quality. I was kind of disappointed that the DB 9 didn't have a new completely different colorway. We already saw white and gold on the BIN. Also sick of everything getting a clear sole. A clear sole that comes up on the side at that. These DB won't age well at all...

Is it worthy of making my collection for now though? Yes it is. So don't get it twisted like I'm saying it's the worst ix ever.

It's funny that the other guy talks about the charcoals looking like boots. News flash: all of the 9s look like boots lol

Last edited:
I won't reveal my age but let's just say I'm significantly older than you. Born and raised in Chicago when MJ was in his prime. Besides the point though. You obviously were in theater back then not even paying attention to sports if you gonna make outlandish comments about a replica retro being greater than the OG.

Miro 7 are complete garbage. Doernbecher IV are crack. Are they the "best IV ever" though? Hell no. 2010 powders? Seriously? Those were garbage. Didn't do the OG any justice. Do I need to get out my DS OG powders and show you what quality is and all of the details on them?

Sounds like you also need to hold the BIN 9 in hand to know what real quality is. I understand if you don't like the colorway of the BIN but is it really that different from the DB. Just add some black to it.

At least now you admit that you'd look like a Mexican drug dealer instead of saying it's a shoe "for adults" and "classy" LMAO!! comical

Ive seen BIN 9s in person and could have them by now if i wanted them. I wasnt wowed by them like i was for these. And if you want real quality, go check out a pair of Yeezy 1s. I had two pairs and the leather quality on those trumped even the mighty BIN series (like them or not, you have to commend the quality)

And the only reason I even got 2010 Powders is because my connect got them for me for $50 after tax. And you can save your OG powders, I can break out my 1985 Royal Blue 1s or 1986 Michigan Dunk Highs to show you eve better quality. Or I could break out my 1990 Fire Red 5s. I had 1985 Bred AJKOs and sold them.

Btw, I was watching Mike even as far back as I can remember. And my memories of the Bulls go back to 89-90 when I was in kindergarden and my parentsstarted buying me mad sports cards and memorabilia. You're entitled to your opinions but dont try coming at me when you just signed up for this site and Ive been on here for nearly 9 years between my 2 accounts.

I agree with you on that Hahahaha IXs were never my favorite. I do like the OG colorways with the exception of the olives, but as a sig, these were never near the top of my list.

I like the DB series. It has always been very polarizing, but they all seem to have elements that are dope. The DB3 is my favorite of the series, but these are in a close second to me. Speaking of BINs, I wonder why JB never finished the series...

Supposedly they scratched the BINs because they weren't making enough money on them (too expensive to make). I'm not even a huge fan of them..the quality is stellar but the shape of them kind of annoys me. They're super big and bulky compared to the original. Crazy colorways too that I'm not exactly fond of. I like the BIN V. And this new doernbecher makes me appreciate and like the BIN IX even more.

Agree on the Doernbecher series. JB is known for keeping it pretty casual and low key with their colors (especially compared to Nike bball sigs) so when they do something like these doernbecher, people go bananas (see above comments). To me the doernbecher are more on the side of being pieces of art with a meaning. For display. The only one I wear is the III.

did sthebest really just bring out the yeezys and signup dates? I'm done lol.......

hell yea it's serious business lol where else we supposed to chop it up..negatively and positively...now that the geniuses at Nike took camping away and are catering to the resellers by allowing them to get 10+ pairs each in the comfort of their own homes smdh...

Last edited:
oh the bin ix are top quality when they were the only colourway to have a habit of the heel tag ripping itself off the shoe.

besides, all this bickering and adhoms (devin) should be beneath men of our ages.

Last edited:
Smh, why y''all calling each other out on what you prefer as your fav DB, its all on personal preference, myself am a fan of IVs & Superman, so of couse thats gonna be my #1 Then VI, IX, III, II I (even though I own none of them except the IV).

Back
Top Bottom