JORDAN ADDICTION

If you're in the game for a long time it's probably close to impossible
to stop completely... But I think everyone reaches the point
where they slow down significantly

Originally Posted by dave919

i will have to agree with ballin b true collectors never stop, i've been collecting since i was your age and i'm not in my late 20s, married and all that, just cause you get married you don't have to stop, you just have to find the girl that will accept your addiction
I need help on that. Most girls are just going with the trend. then they "grow" up (and become bigger sluts)

Originally Posted by Nyro 479

u'll slow down drastically when u start working a real job after or during college.
DISagree. I'm in college and there are heads everywhere. I've even seen a teacher rocking some Jordans. That was a pleasant sight (It wasa woman btw)

an addiction is something that you can't control anymore. if you buy every jordan being released even though they're garbage and you know it'sgarbage but still buy them, then that's an addiction. i'm one of the lucky few who can wear jordan's for work everyday (but they have to be black).i have a wife and kid and mortgage so these are my main addictions. but quality > quantity any day. the only thing that keeps me going is future retroreleases in og colors and the elusive steals on ebay.

Can't stop, won't stop.
I am not buying off of whims anymore though. Keep in mind what you want or get sidetracked.

Originally Posted by Raygotsjays

When is the best time to stop collecting, do true jordan heads stop, or they keep on going?
i dont plan on stopping soon but im only 17 so i cant really say when i will stop, but i do notice ppl do stop when they have a kid or get married, but when do u NTers think is ur last day?
For me personally, I'm thinking within the next five years. This is due to the fact that Jordan brand can only release so many new colorwaysfor different retros. There comes a point where if you see a recycled black metallic V with a hint of purple as simply the new addition, that's when Iwill most likely start slowing down on the active jordan collecting. Plus with the entire 1-23 line transforming into fusions within the next couple of years,I don't think that Jordan brand will be primarily focused on preserving an active retro line.

It's not how much you got it's what you got...And oh yea...It never ends...seen the 3's in 88 been in love since

I've always been into sneakers; But as I am getting older I still have the love for them but don't see myself going to the hype anymore. Now I just buyshoes I like. I hate when people they are sneaker heads when they have like 10 pairs of shoes and have been into jordans for about 1 year. Its ridiculous. Yes,I'm venting.

^
laugh.gif

Someone is mad that teenagers have more heat than themselves
eyes.gif

has it ever crossed your mind that you would be collecting til your 50 yrs old or even older. jordan will be dead and gone and his son will take over the JBline dropping even crappier kick than we are seeing now. im sure it will be pretty common for our generation to be collecting at a really old age, rememberwere also the generation that think slim fit jeans are whats "hip" people will open there eye soon and take off there sister jeans. now here are somefunny faces
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
wink.gif
embarassed.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Can't stop, won't stop.
I am not buying off of whims anymore though. Keep in mind what you want or get sidetracked.
yes, focus is key.....

I'm 30 and I've collected since I was 17. I haven't stopped collecting or wearing J's, but I'll admit as I got older I stopped buyingevery jordan that came out, and started buying only those I really liked.

When I get all of the shoes I want. Which isn't too extensive right now, then I'll probably collect whatever else I need to have I-XXIII just to havethem.

i love jordans, but the last 2 years the brand has worried more about how much they can milk us for, without putting out a quality first product. With greatmaterials and sturdy bas that wont break chip peel.. crease the moment you put them on your feet..
smh.gif

I starting to let go of some of the ones i dont wear or dont feel good, but when i get out of school and get a job im goin to really start back up and get theones i have always wanted....... and always quality over quantity.

Back
Top Bottom