***JORDAN BRAND ATHELETES***question..

jaredlewis17

Banned
Does anyone know of any resources discussing how many pairs of shoes they get or what kind of clauses are in the contract...??? or maybe even something from anequipment manager????

I was looking through the Jordan brand thread about whats being worn this season and i just wanted to know if there was any info on how many shoes they got howoften, etc.

Thanks

Who all is currently a Jordan Brand athlete? I saw Ray Allen wearing some White/Green VIII. I know him and Bibby were on the team.

Josh Howard
Ray Allen
Chris Paul
Joe Johnson
Carmello Anthony
Eddie Jones
MIke Bibby
Derek Anderson(I think)
Michael Finley
Derek Jeter
Jason Taylor(I think)
Terell Owens
Quentin Richardson
RIp Hamilton

I think I got em all.

I cant offer solid answers but I can for sure shed some light on past years players. Tyrone Wheatley was my coach and he used to always come into the lockerroom with heat...now some heat was beat lol but it was still kicks he got in like 96...97 etc etc. So during breaks and stuff we would talk about kicks and hisperks. They get an allotment so i Im not going to put his exact figures out there but ima say it was between 20,000 and 50,000. A Jordan magazine would be sentto him every so often for him to order whatever he wanted and it was deducted from his yearly allotment. As for customs, I asked him about that too. He told methe exact terminology for it...but anyways I remember him telling me that would cost like 300 or so against his yearly allotment. he also broke down to melebron's contract and informed me about the misconceptions with 90 million dollar nike deals....lebron wont ever touch 90 million. not only because of thetax man but also because it is almost rare that he will ever use his yearly allotment up. because most people a week before their yearly allotment is going toexpire will go to a niketown. buy 200 shoes and donate them to their school or something...i.e what Twheat did almost every year with both his jordan and nikecontracts. some of the 90 is cash. some is allotment and the cash portion actually goes to them in cash however, if theres a nike sponsored event in miami andthe schedule Lebron...he most likely will have to pay out of pocket because part of his contract stipulates that the cash in the contract is going towards tripexpenses to nike sponsored events....sorry for the essay but I thought ill let yall know something. and Im interested to hear what other people know!

Forgot

Andrew Jones
Fred Jones
Jered Jefferies
Juwan Howard
Stephon Jackson* NewGuy*
Gerald Wallace *

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

lebron shoulda been a jordan brand athlete.....
nah, i don't think he fits the part Jordan made the right decision with Melo

Football:

Jason Taylor
Terrell Owens
-plus-
Dre Bly
Levi Jones
Ahman Green
Marvin Harrison
Warren Sapp
Simeon Rice
John Abraham
-maybe-
JaMarcus Russell

Originally Posted by jaredlewis17

Josh Howard
Ray Allen
Chris Paul
Joe Johnson
Carmello Anthony
Eddie Jones
MIke Bibby
Derek Anderson(I think)
Michael Finley
Derek Jeter
Jason Taylor(I think)
Terell Owens
Quentin Richardson
RIp Hamilton

I think I got em all.

yea jason taylor def is..and derek anderson still is too i think but shouldn't lol

They don't market the team well enough or push the fact that they have a team until recently with their "PE" series, but even still, they'renot hitting it like they could...They used to have ads featuring the Team rocking the new model, the XV-XVII for example, I guess they rely on new random HSkids in their ads now

You've gotta remember, people still remember MJ. As long as their are still retroes, people associate MJ with the brand 1st, no matter what.

As far as pushing a face of the brand, I read somewhere from one of the heads over at JB, that Melo is the new face. I think they push him pretty hard, too.

As far as LeBron being on JB, Nike made the right move putting him on Nike on his own. Simply put, they were trying to re-create the Jordan phenomenon withhim, whereas Melo is carrying on a legacy Jordan has already created.

Originally Posted by ChunkyBoys1

Forgot

Andrew Jones
Fred Jones
Jered Jefferies
Juwan Howard
Stephon Jackson* NewGuy*
Gerald Wallace *

isnt ahman green t.o marvin harrason roy jones jr part of jordan brand

Pushaman thnx for the info

I'm guessing that there are some people that are in Team Jordan. Then there's some people that just get some kicks every so often. Like jkidd, randymoss etc..

I dont know about the contracts, but I get the opportunity to go to the Mavericks shoot arounds and Josh Howard has heat on constantly.

Forgot

Andrew Jones
Fred Jones
Jered Jefferies
Juwan Howard
Stephon Jackson* NewGuy*
Gerald Wallace *

wait so sjax is on the team? cause he has been wearing some nike zoom bb's for the more recent road games.

Thx pushaman. Interesting - I never figured how the contract pans out. Don't think he'll miss the cash though...

I thought

Dre Bly
Levi Jones
Ahman Green
Marvin Harrison
Warren Sapp
Simeon Rice
John Abraham
-maybe-
JaMarcus Russell

But wasnt sure but yea thanx for the info.....

p.s. Who is Tyrone wheatley??? names sounds familiar but why was he on team jordan

Thanks for the help on the team. Lot more guys on the team then I thought there was.

How often do they announce new player signings to the Jordan Brand?
I remember when they announced Josh Howard, Chris Paul and Joe Johnson.
Are they going to announce new players this year?

Forgot

Andrew Jones
Fred Jones
Jered Jefferies
Juwan Howard
Stephon Jackson* NewGuy*
Gerald Wallace *

Stephen Jackson is definitely not to my knowlage a Jordan Brand Athlete. He has been wearing Nike sneakers (notably the Zoom BB in most games). He'sonly been recently wearing the White/Orange 8s that released recently with all of the 8s this fall. Just because he's wearing those 8s, doesn't meanhe's on JB. He could have just got one of his people to pick a few pairs up for him to wear.

^ he did wear some high rise's and jordan xxii's when he came back from that suspension. he also wore some spiz'ikes during the open practice inpreseason.

Back
Top Bottom