Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Personally, I'm tired of JB/Nike and their marketing schemes. They know damn well most people on these forums would rather have a retro product than a current sig model, JB especially!

The ultimate okey doke is when JB releases their ugly *** annual sig model that damn near NOBODY swarms to the stores to buy, put quality materials and higher technology in them, but then raise the prices of their retro sigs with cheaper quality and paint. They expect consumers to continually buy these shoes because people are brainwashed and believe all retro JB product is gold standard....:lol:

People always make excuses for this crap too. Inflation is usually what this board likes to throw around...well if everything has inflated in price, then the national minimum wage should be around $15 per hour then too. :lol:

Point blank, Jordan Brand releases endless retro crap. They throw nostalgists a few gems here and there, but they expect more than what they used to go for with crap quality...

Just the fact alone, JB is "planning" on "remastering" their retro line with premium quality, shows that they are and have been well aware of their transgressions for years. Yet they justify this with ANOTHER price hike!...

I'm sorry JB. I like shoes like the next guy on here. But I refuse to keep paying 2 bills and higher, while still going through the Saturday morning circus, for a pair of shoes that I probably bought at a cheaper price years ago. I'm pretty much done with this company...

Last edited:
JB decides to fix the retros only for everybody to decide their tired of JB now lol. would be funny if the new retros sit on shelves

we are looking at 190-210 for better quality..... count me in

jordans price controversy has been like that since the start...

alot of releases i double up anyhow (wc3 88, bred 1 ,royal 1, etc etc)

if the quality is there..ill pay for it..no qualms on my behalf..im here for it 
exactly...i'm reading a lot of good points made by people but for me i got too much going on in my life to even care about jb's marketing strategies...if i like a sneaker i don't mind paying extra to get better material period.

Raised toe boxes, slightly yellowed pleather and midsoles, cardboard feeling insoles, hollowed out sockliners, distorted shapes, ultra thin leather cuts lol.... is it really over?

Eh i hold my opinion until I get some pairs in hand and tell for myself. I think the cynic in people are making them doubt JB but I don't blame them. And if this is true I will also not buy as many jordans either. This will help me slow down buying even more than I have been doing this year

If the materials improve and as a result the price increases all that means to me is I will now just buy a few pairs during the year and wear them until they fall apart. Hopefully with improved materials comes longer durability. This will take me back to my younger days where I had a few pairs of shoes and wore them out until the next school year.

Last edited:
And as others have said all releases between now and spring 2015 will have shoddy quality and poor materials. Nike is basically daring people to buy their stuff for the next year even though they are of inferior quality. Maybe JB thinks that the retros of now will be collector items because of their inferior quality???

first they tested if people would buy higher #'d models with the CDPs. Then they tested if people would pay more for boxes. Then they tested if people would pay even more for nike air. Then they tested if people would pay even more for special edition crap like the LAB series. All of this was a booming success and helped push retros into the insane pedestal they are on now so obviously they will up the quality just a tad, just enough to hook most people in but not too much where they still don't desire SOMETHING, and bam NOW they bring everything back they know will sell from all the testing even the higher models like the 20 and sell them for insane amounts. Once people start complaining about that enough they will either bring out the OG molds and do it right finally for even more money, or they will have to bring prices down to earth. Only way they are going to bring prices back down to reasonable is if people stop buying in the future due to the cost. And we all know that's not happening when you got everyone and their momma "on the hunt for bred 1s paying 300" (most will try to clown me and say that's a steal I bet..). They've got us around their little finger. I refuse to support this any longer lol
mean.gif

first they tested if people would buy higher #'d models with the CDPs. Then they tested if people would pay more for boxes. Then they tested if people would pay even more for nike air. Then they tested if people would pay even more for special edition crap like the LAB series. All of this was a booming success and helped push retros into the insane pedestal they are on now so obviously they will up the quality just a tad, just enough to hook most people in but not too much where they still don't desire SOMETHING, and bam NOW they bring everything back they know will sell from all the testing even the higher models like the 20 and sell them for insane amounts. Once people start complaining about that enough they will either bring out the OG molds and do it right finally for even more money, or they will have to bring prices down to earth. Only way they are going to bring prices back down to reasonable is if people stop buying in the future due to the cost. And we all know that's not happening when you got everyone and their momma "on the hunt for bred 1s paying 300" (most will try to clown me and say that's a steal I bet..). They've got us around their little finger. I refuse to support this any longer lol
mean.gif
Agreed. Just posted a photo of the old stuff...

I said it sometime last year and I'll say it again: I'm pretty much done with JB. They're full of ****.

I've been buying more Air Max 1s and 90s (even though it's still Nike,
tired.gif
) and Adidas originals recently. The Adidas are less expensive and made with better materials than what JB is putting on their retros. I only need maybe 3 more pair of retros and JB can't get another dime out of me.

I welcome this move by jordan brand, but in all honesty this should of came years ago. I believe they will bury there high sales with this move. Why would I buy infrared vis and legend blue xis when your supposed remastered retros are 'better' in quality and craftmanship?

A lot of good comments in here. Been contemplating buying some NKE stock for a while and probably will pull the trigger now. It makes me sick to think what I would have over the years if I would have bought a few shares instead of all these trash retros :smh: .

a few shares is nothing :lol:

I welcome this move by jordan brand, but in all honesty this should of came years ago. I believe they will bury there high sales with this move. Why would I buy infrared vis and legend blue xis when your supposed remastered retros are 'better' in quality and craftmanship?
In theory you would think so but we all know 98% of people that plan on copping in the future won't pass on those 2 shoes not knowing when they will release again with slightly better quality. And the ones that plan to call it quits will want to make their last few glory cops before hanging it up

THIS IS THE LAST THING IM GONNA SAY IN THIS THREAD

MAKE OG 1'S IN ORIGINAL COLORS WITH PREMIUM HIGH QUALITY LEATHER AND SELL EM AT $300+

THATS ALL I WANT

/THREAD

When you look at the quality issues that have prevalent in the retro product.  It isn't surprising that JB would make this move and tack on a higher price tag.  Given the price point of their retro product (170+) the quality should already be there.  Look at manufactures such as Cole Haan.  A subsidiary of Nike.  The leather quality on those shoes are impeccable and the price point begins at about $150.  

View media item 1014103View media item 1014104
When I read about the shoes being as close to the original as possible I expected wayyyyyyy better. The shape on the columbias in comparison to the first release is noticeably different. Also I don't think anyone
Is crying about a lack of detail on their jumpman but more so on the lack of "nike air" on the heel of the shoes that originally featured them (not talking about this release) Not sold on this at all, hope the actual product looks a lot closer to their original releases than these early photos.

Last edited:
View media item 1014103View media item 1014104
When I read about the shoes being as close to the original as possible I expected wayyyyyyy better. The shape on the columbias in comparison to the first release is noticeably different. Also I don't think anyone
Is crying about a lack of detail on their jumpman but more so on the lack of "nike air" on the heel of the shoes that originally featured them. Not sold on this at all, hope the actual product looks a lot closer to their original releases than these early photos.
Aren't you the guy who helped with the ewing re release? If so can you explain to us how the ewing retros are so close to OG while Jordan's are made for one time use?

Last edited:
I wonder if nike will follow this process as well? There basketball retros have been slacking hard since 2011

Nike/JB got us paying $170 for crap quality for the past few years to set us up with this price increase and justify it saying they're going to use "better quality" materials. I call ********!!! No retro is worth 200+ IMO

Nike/JB got us paying $170 for crap quality for the past few years to set us up with this price increase and justify it saying they're going to use "better quality" materials. I call ********!!! No retro is worth 200+ IMO
Not even trying to be funny but I hope a lot more people think like you do. I'd love to be able to grab the Hares or Chi X 45's without hassle...

THIS IS THE LAST THING IM GONNA SAY IN THIS THREAD

MAKE OG 1'S IN ORIGINAL COLORS WITH PREMIUM HIGH QUALITY LEATHER AND SELL EM AT $300+

THATS ALL I WANT

/THREAD

Naw, They make them $225 I'd cop though

Aren't you the guy who helped with the ewing re release? If so can you explain to us how the ewing retros are so close to OG while Jordan's are made for one time use?

Hi yes that's me. With Ewing Athletics they take the original send it to the factory and say make it exactly like this. From there the factories send samples back and they tell them where to correct things. It really boils down to how passionate and knowledgeable you are about the product. Sometimes there's things that can't be replicated but you can get pretty much 98% close to the original if you take the time. The factories disect the shoes and do it panel by panel. Crazy thing is Brand Jordan and Nike use the best factories yet the product in many instances isn't that great. Now they come right out and say we are going to make a shoe as close to the original as possible yet you can see in the photos that that's not the case. Very disappointed. And btw if they could get retros 98% close to the original I would pay for it it just doesn't look any different than what's been happening the past 10 years

Last edited:
Hi yes that's me. With Ewing Athletics they take the original send it to the factory and say make it exactly like this. From there the factories send samples back and they tell them where to correct things. It really boils down to how passionate and knowledgeable you are about the product. Sometimes there's things that can't be replicated but you can get pretty much 98% close to the original if you take the time. The factories disect the shoes and do it panel by panel. Crazy thing is Brand Jordan and Nike use the best factories yet the product in many instances isn't that great. Now they come right out and say we are going to make a shoe as close to the original as possible yet you can see in the photos that that's not the case. Very disappointed.

So would it be correct to assume JB knows their shoes come out like trash but they simply just don't care?

Love the ewings btw. Favorite part is that y'all don't charge 50-75 bucks over OG retail

Back
Top Bottom