Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I just want the mesh on the 4's to slant in the right direction again.

It doesn't slant because it's not true mesh. LA Gear made knock off IVs back in the day that had one piece "mesh" not unlike the one piece material on the retros they release now.

Last edited:
It's a piece of plastic, that someone decided wasn't important enough to put on the shoe correctly. My 99's go in the right direction. Heck, even the hybrid Air Force/Jordan 4's had it slanted. That's an attention to detail that they just blatantly started to ignore.

So in the mean time we get a years worth of product that jb has acknowledged as sub standard? A product so bad they feel the need to overhaul the whole line abd give us the "remastered" version... haha doesn't really motivate me to wanna purchase their product. Why should I wanna cop infrareds, sports blues, columbias when jb knows they could be better... think we should get reduced prices to justify a increased til they release remastered

So in the mean time we get a years worth of product that jb has acknowledged as sub standard? A product so bad they feel the need to overhaul the whole line abd give us the "remastered" version... haha doesn't really motivate me to wanna purchase their product. Why should I wanna cop infrareds, sports blues, columbias when jb knows they could be better... think we should get reduced prices to justify a increased til they release remastered
Lol, technically they are reduced prices. Reduced by 10-15%.

It's most likely going to be remastered retro's from that point on ... Not remastering every retro that was just released( excluding the potential nike air re-releases ) .

Last edited:
End of the day, even tho it has been said time after time. It's still up to the customers to buy into this BS....They are the real decision makers because these companies are only catering and structuring their marketings plans to you and how you spend.... They are going to follow what the people that are buying their products do cus that's only going to influence other potential buyers and it's so sad to see that a lot of people don't realize the power that they have.

Say most people stopped buying Jordan retro's for the rest of this year, no matter what drops, don't cop it. What do you think Jordan Brand/ Nike are going to do? They only going to try to figure out how to keep you buying more of their stuff wether it them making the quality better or the price cheaper they'll find a way for you to buy till Jordans become played out..... Realize that most of this "premium" stuff they dropping like the 3lab5's are actually the same quality/craftmanship they used to put into their original retro's.

Think about it, all the newer Air Jordans dropping like the 28's, look at the quality in them shoes. They have new technology, better materials and they cost around the same price as the retro's......  Yet, you guys spend top dollar on outdated technology that's made with cheap materials. Come on, You spend retail $180 or more on a pair of Jordan 3's or 4's and after 3-5 simple wears you'll start to notice the paint on the midsole is cracking... I doubt that was happening when they originally released these models in the late 80's when people actually played basketball in them instead of casually wearing them. 

Look at the suede they used on the Countdown Pack jordan 20 and 21, 22's...... shoot, look at the suede on the cdp 18's..... Now look at the suede used on those same models when they originally released back in the day, no comparison to the quality they put into the retros. They don't care about the retro's because they know people will keep buying. They knew quality was bad for a few years now, we all been complaining for some time. You know at some point they had to know, Nike/Jordan employees come to this site all the time to see what people are thinking, this whole "remastering" sounds like bs and just another way to get some more money because I don't see the reason for a price increase, they might come in a special shiny box or something.....smh.

I had my fun with Jordans, I been collecting 20+ years, I mainly cop Jays from 2008 and under, I don't go crazy about anything newer besides key release that never been retro'd that I missed out on like the Obsidian 12's or close to original OG releases of the Jordan 1's like the clover joints which are the last pair of Jordans I copped. Reason I cop older Jays is because on the newer ones, the materials and shape isn't the same to me. As reputable as a brand like Jordan you would think they would pay closer attention into the manufacturing of their shoes but the shoe game is so f'd up that the general public got these companies gassed like they think they can get over on everyone with anything.... like the leather on those Pacific 7's or even the shape and quality of any Jordan 7 that dropped that year, look at how short the tongue of the shoe was.... Did you see the Olympic 7's with the same terrible shape, cheap leather and dull silver they used? They came out with the "For the love of the game" versions and then like a year or 2 later released them regular without that lil logo on the side. They dropped a infared 6 double pack 3 months after dropping the "sport red" 6's in black or white, same shoe just a darker shade of red. Same thing they did when dropping black and white cement 3's and then a couple of months later dropping the ones with "Nike Air" in the back for like a extra $20 on the retail and fools ate that up. People love the concords so much they dropped the low tops and then for some reason, instead of doing the space jam low tops all they did was change small details like the back panel with grey speckled print and labeled them "cement" because that's a staple for retro Jordans so they know that'll hype people enough to buy. To drop space jam and concord on the same day is too much so they gonna stretch this out as much as they can and I bet the space jam lows drop within the next couple of months..... Why all of a sudden they doing all these "Restocks"? So you mean to tell me on release day, certain key shoes they'll hold back on their inventory to drive up the demand again to "restock" the stores again to try to keep some relevancy to their name? I can't get mad, I love the idea of that marketing strategy but it just looks thirsty at the same time. They testing the market because people let them get away with so much that they feel like they got the space to do so and not really waste product because they know people gonna buy either way. Same way Nike been testing their market and dropping Lebron sigs year after year, price increase after price increase. Look at KD's shoes, he was praised at having a good price point in his kicks. They were like $85 retail, now his shoes retail for $140-150 with the Elites pushing $200. Lebron elites retail at $250-275... Nike drops a double Penny pack for $500.... How did Foams jump from retail $180, 200, 220 to now $250??  Foam pro's retailed around $170 to 180 and never passed $200 now they jumped to $250. That's crazy but y'all allow them to because of hype but let them joints sit on the shelves and watch them companies look like fools, they'll be forced to reduce price. End of the day, I now look at snekaers as nothing more than fake suede/ fake leather and rubber, I always have but I don't put them on a pedalstal like I did before, I wear my shoes. Even though I love my sneakers as the next person, I won't let that make me fall victim to the okey doke...

I say that to say this. Their just shoes, too much going on in the world to be all extra about it. End of the day, when your life is all said and done, you can't take none of these shoes with you to the grave and while worrying about this release and that release, there's always going to be another release dropping next that you're going to want while the next person can't even afford a new pair of shoes just to walk around in.....  Sorry for the rant. 

Last edited:
I think it costs Nike more now to produce the same model shoes from 10 plus years ago using the same quality materials and construction.

This was probably due to the recession and the lower value of the US Dollar to pay the foreign entities to make the shoes.

:lol: @ ppl worried about the value of their existing collections after these start to drop. I'll grab as many as I can if the money is right.

I smell a price hike and an excuse to keep retroing the same shoes over and over. JB: "yea the bred 11s came out 3 years ago but this 2015 remastered pair got shinier patent leather and come in a really cool box this time". Wake me up when they retro 15s & beyond.

I think it costs Nike more now to produce the same model shoes from 10 plus years ago using the same quality materials and construction.

This was probably due to the recession and the lower value of the US Dollar to pay the foreign entities to make the shoes.

It probably still costs less than $20 to produce a pair of shoes.

I think the bubble is about to burst done Spring 15'

I'm thinking because of the implantation of "quality " materials JB won't produce as many shoes .Taking a quality over quantity stand that with another price increase will alienate more consumers . Everything will be "limited" compared to whats being produced now .

Really? I thought my playoff 12 were really subpar compared to my OGs. I remember people complaining about them when they releases too.

Matter of fact it was around 2003 I remember when dudes really started complaining about retro changing too much.

Then when the 2013 drop dudes were talking about how butter the 2003 pair were. I felt like I was in the twilight zone :lol:

Agree 100% with the Twilight Zone thing...Totally bizarre to hear somebody say that the best quality Jordan sneaker they've ever owned is a pair of the "Fresh Prince" V's...

Also to be technical cats that are into shoes will always find something to complain about...I specifically remember Retrokid complaining about the height of the tongue on the 99' Retro IV's when I first started with NT around early 2000...Something along the lines of the tongue being way to high compared to the OG's but it's OK since they were his grails...:lol:...Replace Retrokid with a current sneaker head and swap out the 99' IV's with a pair of Playoff VIII's from last year and it's essentially the same thing...

It's just something that's always going to be there...Unfounded or not it's the nature of the beast...

Last edited:
So are they going to switch the direction of the Jumpman on the 11's back to the other direction on the left shoe?

i said it many times before, but i'm really "retiring" at the end of the year. and i say retiring bc the hobby has become a full time job just tryna secure, what used to be, a simple gr at times. with the prices going up (like we all knew they would), and them tryna use the jedi mind trick on us AND the fact that i pretty much have everything i want from them, the time seems ripe to move onto bigger and better things.

i said it many times before, but i'm really "retiring" at the end of the year. and i say retiring bc the hobby has become a full time job just tryna secure, what used to be, a simple gr at times. with the prices going up (like we all knew they would), and them tryna use the jedi mind trick on us AND the fact that i pretty much have everything i want from them, the time seems ripe to move onto bigger and better things.

This man knows. Have fun youngins.

A ***** just needs some Nike Air bred IV's, b.

I don't care when they drop; next year or in 4 years. I'll wait and until then my last pair of Air Jordans will be the infrared VI's this fall.

They can re-release all they **** they want. But until them IV's come back on '99s level, I'm good.

ditto. I will no longer follow the brand like I have in the past starting whenever these prices increase. Which is going to be later this year as early as what octoberish?
mean.gif
. I have roughly 50 pairs honestly that's well past enough already lol but I want a few more final cops this year. After that, let the highschool kids hold their sneakercons and continue to rob each other following the model of what nike is doing to everyone.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done after the Columbias drop.

I know I'll still cop here and there, but I'm done copping on a regular basis.

I always said $200 retail would be my tipping point for these shoes and here we are...

Last edited:
retail retro's for $200+

passsssssssss because that's where they are headed; I am all but done with JB brand

I will pick up a pair every once and a while, nothing like we all used to though.

I realize after wearing most Jordans, they are like damn boots compared to running shoes.

I don't think it's the $20 that people are talking about, but more so the overall price of almost $200, give or take.  Also, combine that with the fact that JB should have been using quality materials for the amount they charge currently, is what have people feeling a certain type of way about the increase.  Not to mention this will be the 3rd straight year (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that JB has had an increase on retros.

And yes we finally have someone in this thread who is actually using his head. You can't tell me the material they used on the Brons/Kobes are going to be as expensive as the material they use on Retro Js. Its comical. They should be using the new "remastering" materials now with their $20 price hike over the past two years. Especially when some of the OGs had way better quality. I'm sure they can use high quality materials and keep the price the same but why do that when people would risk their lives to by your product. Why do that when you been pumping out mass produced crappy material that sells out in minutes. People will rush in this thread to defend this billion dollar company like they haven't been exploiting their consumers and cashing in top dollar.

I still lol when I think about how they bumped the price on the Bred XIs a year and a half ago and didn't even give us a special XI style box. :smh:

I only cop what I like and what I like to roc far from the lame who tries to cop every other week and later as listings for the same shoe on some Pass As DS ********.lol The Oreos are a must outside of that I'm not sweating it.

Once again for those saying they would pay $200+ for retros, didn't they raise the price like $10 every year for like the past two or three years and quality has stayed about the same? I believe even Tinker had an interview talking about using better quality materials, thus justifying the price increase. They are selling us BS, and have been talking themselves about quality products for the past few years with these price hikes. Same thing here, they have been saying this EVERY YEAR FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS AT LEAST. The 4's that I'm looking at as part of this "revamping" still don't look close to the 99 retros mold except for the leather. We are dealing with clowns at Nike, especially in the Brand Jordan division. I'm not a liar so I guess basically at the end of the day I will still try and cop retros, funds, hypebeast, bots, raffle, shady stores permitting but def at like a couple of pairs a year type thing, not even close to the rate I'm at now.

Back
Top Bottom