Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

The problem with these plans is it gives Jordan a great excuse to raise the price of retros across the board. Jordan has been testing the consumer's willingness to pay $225+ over the last few years with the Bin23s and especially the Lab line and there has been little to no resistance (What else is new). Even if Jordan alienates a small percentage of customers with the bump, the price increase should more than offset those losses.

........So ya'll paying that increase, I'm guessing?

Last edited:
Not all CDPs were trash and the xx3s have never seen a retro of any type :smile:

I'm gonna disagree and say yes, all the CDP was made with zero damns. Yes the 23's have never been retro'ed but why a "remastered" version? The OG was as good it could get. Those were made great

Not all CDPs were trash and the xx3s have never seen a retro of any type :smile:

I'm gonna disagree and say yes, all the CDP was made with zero damns. Yes the 23's have never been retro'ed but why a "remastered" version? The OG was as good it could get. Those were made great

The initial xx3s were dope. The Black Friday pack was a little more sloppy.
I have no beef with the 10/13, 7/16 packs at all.

I'd gladly buy some of these "remastered" Jordans if they came with OG like quality and Nike Air. Especially the 3s-6s,some of my favorite models of Jordan Brand

Prices been soaring and models been dropping rampant since MJ purchased the bobcats/hornets. I feel like we, the consumers, own part of that franchise :lol:

All I really care for is the Cement 4s with the OG, lighter shade of grey. That along with the tumbled leather would be like ICE CREAM! NIKE AIR on the heel would be the cherry on top! I would definitely buy like 3 pairs regardless of price inflation. 

So Crispy!       So Crusty!

(Not my pic)

But, if they re-retroed the kicks I currently have with better material and quality, I would probably sell those and go for the remastered. If they release, resale prices of the my current collection will most likely go down, meaning my overall collection value would drop. Gotta adjust to the market, nam say'n?

Prices been soaring and models been dropping rampant since MJ purchased the bobcats/hornets. I feel like we, the consumers, own part of that franchise :lol:

**** a retro card, they need to start throwing stock portfolios into the boxes :lol:

Yall think it's a coincidence that they start remastering after the year of the 6s? They got to release 3 through 6 with jumpmans and now they can "remaster" all of the kicks that released within the last 4 years with nike air . Remember a while back someone said quality would go up soon. I think this was planned to happen on the year of the 7s all along.

Yall think it's a coincidence that they start remastering after the year of the 6s? They got to release 3 through 6 with jumpmans and now they can "remaster" all of the kicks that released within the last 4 years with nike air . Remember a while back someone said quality would go up soon. I think this was planned to happen on the year of the 7s all along.

U do realize they are remastering the 4s next year too right? Granted we've only seen pics of oreos and Columbia's but I'm pretty sure they will throw in some OG colorways too.

It's good that Jordan Brand will be putting more effort into their retro+ colorways as wwll. They having been going kinda crazy with the colors for the last couple years.

if they remaster the 5 - they must start with the best colorway - the black-metallic, the colorway that didn't release last year

That's because they already released the black/metallic silver V in Q3 of 2011.
But they altered several things:

1. the tongue was not 3M standard
2. The Jumpman on the outsole was red instead of black
3. The upper was suede instead of Durabuck
4. the 23 at the side, though this change is acceptable as MJ also wore PEs with the 23 at the sides in the NBA playoffs 1990.
5. Jumpman AIR logo at the heel (OK, we knew they would not put Nike AIR anymore)

So, if the re-master them, I want them to be at least on the 2000 retro standard.
OG standard would be instant cop for me.

All I really care for is the Cement 4s with the OG, lighter shade of grey. That along with the tumbled leather would be like ICE CREAM! NIKE AIR on the heel would be the cherry on top! I would definitely buy like 3 pairs regardless of price inflation. 

So Crispy!       So Crusty!

(Not my pic)

But, if they re-retroed the kicks I currently have with better material and quality, I would probably sell those and go for the remastered. If they release, resale prices of the my current collection will most likely go down, meaning my overall collection value would drop. Gotta adjust to the market, nam say'n?
You do know the 2012 versions is closer in terms of the cement grey, to the OG than the '99 version right? The 1999 version is a LOT lighter in color than those from '89. Idk why people treat certain retro's like their OG just because of the NA. I find it so funny when I talk about kicks, and people mention the 2001 3s and refer to them as the OG's or even the 2000 Infrareds. 
That's because they already released the black/metallic silver V in Q3 of 2011.
But they altered several things:

1. the tongue was not 3M standard
2. The Jumpman on the outsole was red instead of black
3. The upper was suede instead of Durabuck
4. the 23 at the side, though this change is acceptable as MJ also wore PEs with the 23 at the sides in the NBA playoffs 1990.
5. Jumpman AIR logo at the heel (OK, we knew they would not put Nike AIR anymore)

So, if the re-master them, I want them to be at least on the 2000 retro standard.
OG standard would be instant cop for me.
**** the 2000 retro standard, for $200 the standard should be the originals. I mean, it should've been the standard for a while now, but, why beat a dead horse? Lol.

pharaohrache pharaohrache - its just proof that people don't know what they are asking for. a HUGE majority of the people purchasing jordans don't know squat about the original version of the shoe YET THEY SCREAM THEY WANT OG. :lol:

JB has hit dudes with some "OG" features and has been met with complaints because dudes don't realize it. The smaller ankle "bubbles" on the carmines. The closer to OG cement on the 4s.... people just don't know.

Im sure if the black/red XIs released with the edges of the patent leather being white, we would see crying for days about how its not black.

Im more interested in better materials being used than I am about the OG mold because I already am aware that that will never happen.

@PharaohRache - its just proof that people don't know what they are asking for. a HUGE majority of the people purchasing jordans don't know squat about the original version of the shoe YET THEY SCREAM THEY WANT OG.
laugh.gif

JB has hit dudes with some "OG" features and has been met with complaints because dudes don't realize it. The smaller ankle "bubbles" on the carmines. The closer to OG cement on the 4s.... people just don't know.

Im sure if the black/red XIs released with the edges of the patent leather being white, we would see crying for days about how its not black.

Im more interested in better materials being used than I am about the OG mold because I already am aware that that will never happen.
I have to agree with you.  I'm no shoe fanatic that reads up, uses microscope to compare the old and new.  Don't get me wrong, I give props to those guys as they have the nice attention to detail that I can only dream about.  I simply, take a look at the shoe, how they are on feet based on early shots, see if it matches my style, do I like it?  Will I have money set aside for comfort spending?  If yes on all of the above, I attempt to cop.

Back
Top Bottom