Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I dont have time for an inflation lesson, but just know $150 20 yrs ago is substantially more than $200 today.
If you like paying these prices for the same shoe or rather a downgrade of the same shoe Good! Enjoy your Jordans lol

Last edited:
Also feel like sneakerheads are wayyy too unrealistic when trying to give nike suggestions on how to do better. They are a billion dollar company who didnt use any of your help to get there; now that theyre at the top, you feel like youve got all the answers? Can some of you just sit in an economics class for a week or so..? Nike made the same shoe, cheaper materials, lower quality, and they still sold out instantly. They dont need help. Business WISH they could do that with their product.

Also feel like sneakerheads are wayyy too unrealistic when trying to give nike suggestions on how to do better. They are a billion dollar company who didnt use any of your help to get there; now that theyre at the top, you feel like youve got all the answers? Can some of you just sit in an economics class for a week or so..? Nike made the same shoe, cheaper materials, lower quality, and they still sold out instantly. They dont need help. Business WISH they could do that with their product.
So that makes it right or ok because they do it and get away with it?

Last edited:
[/quote]
A cheeseburger comes with cheese (hence the name)! Cheese is included in the price! 13's originally come with 3m! 3m WAS included in the price! I stopped funding JB when the price increases started! I just couldnt see myself buying the same shoes with worse quality for even $5-$10 more than the original release prices!

they can't take off the NA 'cause there is none, so they took off 3m, just like the 11s minor changes... need a reason for us to cop again

I could see a change they did with the altitudes converting to mesh from leather but
..... Invalid response on the 3m bretheren.
View media item 455410

Last edited:

Man Jordan Brand should already be having this top notch quality as it is...

Acting like they're doing us favor... this favor should have been in place already
mean.gif
^^^^^^^ this 

This is not a marketing tactic btw. They actually are stepping it up.

cant see how you cant see it as a marketing move.

the change in materials is not $17+ more for nike. probably will cost $1-2 max per shoe to have the "better" materials used. the price increase is actually consistent with how nike has increased its prices annually over the last few years. anyone making the pro inflation argument is straight up nuts. you don't have to look at the OG prices to compare inflation. look at the last 3-4 years and see the increases. its no way shoes are costing $30+ more to make over the course of 3-4 years if you factor in the 2015 prices.

the whole OG mold statement is a direct marketing move because its obvious that the shoes are nowhere near OG characteristics. they are just "name dropping" to sound cool. whoopy doo that the jumpman has fingers now. omg omg omg omg.

I don't think anyone is really arguing the upgraded "look" but we really wont know what the quality difference is until we start getting pairs in hand.... and like its been said a million times, the better materials SHOULD be on the shoes NOW considering the prices we are paying.

Jordan brand needs to do away for good the shiny 'pleather' problem they have....I hate shiny pleather wth a vengeance

Jordan brand needs to do away for good the shiny 'pleather' problem they have....I hate shiny pleather wth a vengeance

agreed. its funny because if you look at the Jordan 2012s, the leather is actually pretty good. its a conscious choice to use the paper leather on retros.

Also feel like sneakerheads are wayyy too unrealistic when trying to give nike suggestions on how to do better. They are a billion dollar company [COLOR=#red]who didnt use any of your help to get there[/COLOR]; now that theyre at the top, you feel like youve got all the answers? Can some of you just sit in an economics class for a week or so..? Nike made the same shoe, cheaper materials, lower quality, and they still sold out instantly. They dont need help. Business WISH they could do that with their product.

We didn't help? WE LITERALLY PAID for them to get so big.

Last edited:
Then add tax!!!

depends on each country.
The USA are one of the few where the retail price do not include VAT.
In almost every other country the displayed retail means VAT already included.

So for instance:
199.95 € for the Kobe Elite in Germany means 19% VAT is included.

or

169.95 € for AJ retros as well.

Last edited:
if you don't think it's right then don't buy their stuff

businesses have no incentive to be moral if people are still buying their products
Well I have morals and also have a mind of my own and I havent purchased their products in 8 years! Not JB at least and this is the reason why! Sound like you work for them lol!

these cats seem to think it's a status symbol if you get ripped off on some J's. It's somehow cool to pay 200+ to some people
laugh.gif
 same dudes that will be buying the $400 Jordan shine probably
Whats really funny to me is the same shoes drop every 3-4-5 years and each time is a bigger disappointment than the previous... and now they're about to do it all over again! "REMASTERED" Wash, Rinse, Dry, Repeat...

Weren't those technically the correct prices for each of those specific shoes?

I think so too.
That's why I cannot understand that some AJ 2 and 3 retails at the same level like AJ 4 - 10, 12 - 14.

I remember the retail for all retros in Germany were 1:1 matching the numbers from the original release despite
of inflation. So basically the retros were cheaper than the originals. Here are some Deutsche Mark prices:

AJ 3: 220 DM
AJ 4: 270 DM
AJ 5: 270 DM
AJ6: 280 DM
AJ7: 300 DM
AJ8: 300 DM
AJ9 300 DM
AJ10: 300 DM
AJ11: 270 DM
AJ12: 270 DM
AJ13: 300 DM
AJ14: 290 DM
AJ15: 300 DM
AJ16: 330DM
AJ17: 185 - 210 DM

The first time Nike Germany increased the retail was for the AJ8 retros in 2003
for 160 € while all others retailed for 150 € max.
And strangely the 2005 AJ10 retros retailed for 125 € ^^

The AJ11 are in my opinion over priced and caused by the high demand.
Technically, the shoe is definetly not as good as the AJ 13 and AJ 14.
And the Nylon mesh upper surely does not make them more expensive.

Weren't those technically the correct prices for each of those specific shoes?

I think so too.
That's why I cannot understand that some AJ 2 and 3 retails at the same level like AJ 4 - 10, 12 - 14.

technically yes but how or what buffoon would post prices that are outdated?

the most recent 3s are what, the powder blue which were $170 and the gamma XIs were what, $185?

technically yes but how or what buffoon would post prices that are outdated?

the most recent 3s are what, the powder blue which were $170 and the gamma XIs were what, $185?

well, that's the reason I rather add some bucks and get a temporary air jordan with the latest technology and wear a shoe that not so many hype beasts have.

if they remaster the 5 - they must start with the best colorway - the black-metallic, the colorway that didn't release last year

Back
Top Bottom