Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Honestly, which jordan wasn't available for a good price back in the day? :lol:

if you wanna talk really really really back in the day when the jordan retro 1, 2, and 3 were first retroed they could all be had for 29.99 to 39.99 in places like big 5 and copeland sports

i have witnessed kids make fun of others for wearing them cuz they werent the current jordans at that time.

my have times changed

That was before my time as a shoe guy BUT I def heard the stories and it becomes more and more amazing as I see how things are now.
I didn't even know the 3s retrod in pretty much og form back in like 93-94 until a couple of years ago. That retro was an epic fail at the time.

So at first reading that the quality was coming back, I was excited as I started collecting during the 1st run of retros in the early 2000s and missed out on the oreos/columbias back then.  Also, the fact that they were bringing the correct cuts/quality back had me excited.

However after thinking a couple days, JB has mad me feel like an idiot with this news.  Basically, they came out and said weve been making trash the last 5 years or so - which makes me feel like and sucker that I continued to purchase even though I know the quality was trash.

What a ****** company

JB can pretty much do whatever they want right now, the hype is out of control. They're just going to put out the same retros from the last couple years (Chi Xs, Cement IVs etch) and just keep making bank..........

Are all the new retros going to be remastered, or just a select few? And why wait until 2015 to start putting these out, you announce it now, so everything between now and 2015 is the inferior quality? Lol

JB can pretty much do whatever they want right now, the hype is out of control. They're just going to put out the same retros from the last couple years (Chi Xs, Cement IVs etch) and just keep making bank..........

Are all the new retros going to be remastered, or just a select few? And why wait until 2015 to start putting these out, you announce it now, so everything between now and 2015 is the inferior quality? Lol
Because they can.  Making the announcement now isn't going to hurt sales.

Ever since the jump off of 2014, from releases speculated, I knew I was going after Powder 10s, Baron 9s, Carmine 6s.
Now that those are out the way,even back in January, I didnt have any intent of copping(outside the Js mentioned above) anything else newly released for 2014. Now with the announcement of a price hike due to a "quality increase". Im definitely not giving them another cent, at least not until I see this supposed quality in person come spring '15. If qualities
improved Ill purchase, provided prices aren't substantially above 200.

Its all gimmicky, because if the quality is significantly better, itll make alot of collectors like myself want to off load the lesser quality retros from out the collection. Why not trade the old and obsolete out, in place of a higher quality, more appealing , and nostalgic retro..

Its a cycle ,Im sure many see it for what it is. Jordan running game,to keep the train moving forward.

Im in favor of Jordan retro improvements, but the admittance of being slighted, despite having the means to provide a more adequate product, but choosing to pinch pennies, does sting a little. Hence my lack of Jordan brand purchases since '06-'07.

I know,I know ,Its a business, but some customer loyalty would have been nice.
Cause for many of us who've been in this 14 yrs+ ,we've been loyal to them, its only right they kick that comradery back..

Last edited:
This fad will be over soon. Demand and hype will die.

Then you'll see what these shoes are really worth. Lol

jb had been releasing reto's for 20 years already and it's just getting harder and harder to get just a basic gr. So I don't think it will stop any time soon.

Ever since the jump off of 2014, from releases speculated, I knew I was going after Powder 10s, Baron 9s, Carmine 6s.
Now that those are out the way,even back in January, I didnt have any intent of copping(outside the Js mentioned above) anything else newly released for 2014. Now with the announcement of a price hike due to a "quality increase". Im definitely not giving them another cent, at least not until I see this supposed quality in person come spring '15. If qualities

Its all gimmicky, because if the quality is significantly better, itll make alot of collectors like myself want to off load the lesser quality retros from out the collection. Why not trade the old and obsolete out, in place of a higher quality, more appealing , and nostalgic retro..

Its a cycle ,Im sure many see it for what it is. Jordan running game,to keep the train moving forward.

Im in favor of Jordan retro improvements, but the admittance of being slighted, despite having the means to provide a more adequate product, but choosing to pinch pennies, does sting a little. Hence my lack of Jordan brand purchases since '06-'07.

Cause for many of us who've been in this 14 yrs+ ,we've been loyal to them, its only right they kick that comradery back..

Well stated, sir!

You sound like me bruh! Last Jordan's I bought were Chambray and White/Black/Yellow VII's! Those 06 IV's turned me away!!!

Last edited:
if you wanna talk really really really back in the day when the jordan retro 1, 2, and 3 were first retroed they could all be had for 29.99 to 39.99 in places like big 5 and copeland sports

i have witnessed kids make fun of others for wearing them cuz they werent the current jordans at that time.[\B]

my have times changed

Repped and this is truth. I was one of those kids getting clowned for having $19.99 chicago 1s as my back to school shoes in fall of 94. I really caught hell when I used to wear my II lows in 95. People refused to belive they were Jordans. Air Jordan 1s and 2s used to be the ugliest shoes known to man amongst mainstream sneaker buyers. Dudes were not open minded to previous released jordans it was either current model year or bust.

Another ironic thing about the past is how blue jordans were frowned upon in 90s. The only 2 successful blue shoes before retro era were Columbia 11s and French 13s.

I really wish the hype and demand would die soon, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
But when it does I'll be a happy man.
Instead of wishing for hype and demand to die, why not wish and ask for more pairs to go in production? It would be smart for JB to meet demand, even if that means having a couple of pairs left on the shelves, it's not like they're going to ever go on discount, but enough to sit the weekend or even the week. Exclusivity isn't the way a brand keeps it's prestige, look at other brands that are considered prestigious, Microsoft, Sony, Apple, just to name a few, and I know what's going to be said "Technology and shoes, two different things". But those brands put out quality products, that alone merits customer loyalty, the fact that they meet demand puts them over the top.

JB should meet demand and have superior quality, that way there will be more satisfied customers and the brand will still hold it's prestige as the brand that has "Quality basketball products inspired by the greatest player ever". At least give us the OG color ways, in OG form in mass produced numbers and keep the retro+ color ways "exclusive". Would be the perfect balance of the two. There are only like 2-5 OG color ways for every shoe 1-14 (the numbers that sell the most, I know there are a few that want retors higher than 14) so it wouldn't be that hard to do at all.

http://sole collector.com/news/according-to-forbes-michael-jordan-is-now-a-projected-billionaire/

JB remastering LOL, we just make him become billionaire

I really wish the hype and demand would die soon, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

But when it does I'll be a happy man.
Instead of wishing for hype and demand to die, why not wish and ask for more pairs to go in production? It would be smart for JB to meet demand, even if that means having a couple of pairs left on the shelves, it's not like they're going to ever go on discount, but enough to sit the weekend or even the week. Exclusivity isn't the way a brand keeps it's prestige, look at other brands that are considered prestigious, Microsoft, Sony, Apple, just to name a few, and I know what's going to be said "Technology and shoes, two different things". But those brands put out quality products, that alone merits customer loyalty, the fact that they meet demand puts them over the top.

JB should meet demand and have superior quality, that way there will be more satisfied customers and the brand will still hold it's prestige as the brand that has "Quality basketball products inspired by the greatest player ever". At least give us the OG color ways, in OG form in mass produced numbers and keep the retro+ color ways "exclusive". Would be the perfect balance of the two. There are only like 2-5 OG color ways for every shoe 1-14 (the numbers that sell the most, I know there are a few that want retors higher than 14) so it wouldn't be that hard to do at all.

Yeah I agree with you, JB should meet demand and have superior quality. But what I was getting at is I wish all these hypebeasts and resellers would move on to the next big thing and leave J's to us heads that really love and appreciate Air Jordan's.
If J's were unpopular and you could buy them at Walmart for 19.99 I'd be happy and would still be copping.

well jordan brand has been selling crap retros based on a thin veil of exclusivity, if they actually made quality products they could probably sell even more, tho idk if it's a smart move (for them) to "meet demand".

it's about the long term and if they meet demand then the "retro bubble" probably would burst, which might be good for us but bad for them. I know plenty of people that probably wouldn't bother buying a sneaker if they knew they were gonna be sitting in the store the rest of the week or longer. it would definitely separate the hypebeasts from the men but it's a risky proposition (for them) at best

Last edited:
Yeah I agree and people who have paid anything more than retail are really going to regret in a few years time. This bubble doesn't have much time left, JB cashing while they can. My prediction is 2 years and we will wind down quite a bit.

Honestly, which jordan wasn't available for a good price back in the day? :lol:

if you wanna talk really really really back in the day when the jordan retro 1, 2, and 3 were first retroed they could all be had for 29.99 to 39.99 in places like big 5 and copeland sports. i have witnessed kids make fun of others for wearing them cuz they werent the current jordans at that time. my have times changed

That was before my time as a shoe guy BUT I def heard the stories and it becomes more and more amazing as I see how things are now.
I didn't even know the 3s retrod in pretty much og form back in like 93-94 until a couple of years ago. That retro was an epic fail at the time.

My 94 WC-IIIs came from the outlet for Under $50
Wore them in a couple HS varsity bball games in 1995.
Still have them, but the heel tab is crumbling little by little.

imagine a true blue 3 remaster with red-backed tongue & nike air

just like mr. cooper had in that too short video

yeah, just because we saw pics of remastered 4s and 10s means all the 4s and 10s are coming out next year along with the 7s. lmao

Back
Top Bottom