Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

When they have us 3D-printing Nike shoes we design ourselves...

And paying them a premium to do so :smh:

Feels like when I see those commercials about movies being digitally remastered and such :lol:

Can you imagine how hilarious it would be for them to take an original pair of a model and hold it up to one of the 2015 "Remastered" samples like they do in those movie commercials? :lol:

I'd be sitting there looking at the remastered pair like

View media item 1020937

Last edited:
:lol:

its also pretty funny because i know I'm gonna b guilty of it but man..... we still have 6 months of these "inferior" jordans and they STILL gonna sell out for the rest of the year :lol:

the 2015 XIs better be an OG color way. can't debut the remastered version as a retro+ :lol:

Finally.... i saw the pantone XIs on the 2015 list. they gonna make them better than they already are? :nerd:

what i actually predict is a remastered Bred 1 and Royal 1 for the 30th anniversary of the Jordan 1. Also, expect either Pearl or Diamond to be a theme next year for the anniversary.

All Jordan Brand will get out of me this whole year is a durabuck Black Infrared VI (no exceptions on the durabuck) and maybe the Colu-- Legend Blue XIs. Strong maybe on both :lol:

I'd love to see what they decide for the new XI mold to be.

Can't lie, I would get the Black/Red and Chicago I's if they do them again with better quality :smh:

I always wondered if retros shape are off due to better technologies building shoes now? Maybe JB wanted them like that in the first place but just couldn't due to the limitations of the time.

And did I just hear city pack x's?

sspcs.gif

I know 4,7, and 10 are confirmed to be remastered, but I hope Nike/JB also remasters the 11s, specifically the Concords and the Space Jams. I hope they can somehow figure out a way to prevent oxidation on the original clear icy soles so that they don't have to resort to using the subtle blue tint, especially for those who like to keep their 11s DS for collecting purposes or for those who rarely bust out their kicks for special occasions. That would be sweet.

Every model will be "remastered" at some point, it's something they're supposedly permanently doing starting next spring. The three models you mentioned are just starting things off.

I just wonder if the Hares are going to have that horrible 2012 mold since they release just before Spring :smh:

I know 4,7, and 10 are confirmed to be remastered, but I hope Nike/JB also remasters the 11s, specifically the Concords and the Space Jams. I hope they can somehow figure out a way to prevent oxidation on the original clear icy soles so that they don't have to resort to using the subtle blue tint, especially for those who like to keep their 11s DS for collecting purposes or for those who rarely bust out their kicks for special occasions. That would be sweet.

All retro Jordans will be remastered over time. No way JB is going to miss out on money.

I always thought an interesting idea would be to remaster retros with the latest nike air technology. For example, with the V you maintain the OG silhouette but upgrade it to include stacked zoom air (or whatever) so that people can actually wear these for performance and not just fashion.

I always thought an interesting idea would be to remaster retros with the latest nike air technology. For example, with the V you maintain the OG silhouette but upgrade it to include stacked zoom air (or whatever) so that people can actually wear these for performance and not just fashion.

Then it'll give them a reason to charge even more.

All Jordan Brand will get out of me this whole year is a durabuck Black Infrared VI (no exceptions on the durabuck) and maybe the Colu-- Legend Blue XIs. Strong maybe on both :lol:

I'd love to see what they decide for the new XI mold to be.

Can't lie, I would get the Black/Red and Chicago I's if they do them again with better quality :smh:

For the Xl they have to raise the patent cut, and fix the toe.

Most likely yes. It always sounds like when people complain about retros it's either poor craftsmanship or materials but never really about performance. With this remastering does anyone think that general performance of the shoe will increase as well?

Most likely yes. It always sounds like when people complain about retros it's either poor craftsmanship or materials but never really about performance. With this remastering does anyone think that general performance of the shoe will increase as well?

I think people don't really mention performance because the "technology" is understood to be dated.
I mean the jordan 1 is what, 29-30 years old.

Also I don't think JB expects most of it's target audience to play ball in it's retros. They are more for casual use.

Brahs don't get mad at me, but I like/prefer the 2000 mold of the 11s better than the OG.

The patent leather dominates the shoe to much on the OG, especially on the Concords.

I always wondered if retros shape are off due to better technologies building shoes now? Maybe JB wanted them like that in the first place but just couldn't due to the limitations of the time.

yeah they meant to make the shoe lower cut and uglier. that makes sense

that kinda sounds like "he hits me because he loves me"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom