Jordan Carmine 1 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Carmine 6's were announced I was very excited. But when I seen the 1's that accompanied, I had to have them. I recently had the opportunity to get my hands on the 1's a few days early, and I must say that in person this shoe is beautiful. I did kind of want to speak on the nubuck on it though. The leather was a pretty good leather, probably the same to expect on the 6 since they aren't using a tumbled leather on it, but the nubuck was creased after a few hours of wear to my job. It wasn't like I hooped in them and they creased, I worked in a call center, 2 trips up and down stairs and they creased. Now, the dunk is prone to creasing, but just the combination of the materials and the silhouette made for a somewhat disappointing experience when I got home and pulled them off. I never had an issue with 6's creasing so bad, but I would definitely not go even a half size up on this pack. If you are a 9.5, don't go to a 10 to at least have your pair, because if the materials on the 6 are anything like the 1's, you will probably be upset. I never been a stickler for all my shoes being PRM or even using (obviously) cheaper materials (most of the 5's last year), I'm just saying that this one is a little important because of the importance of the shoe, and the placement of the materials that have these flaws. it just didn't seem good enough, and since the nubuck is in a place prone to creasing, it's kind of inevitable, quickly occurring flaw. I don't know if people care about things like this at NT, but just trying to be courteous, I guess. Drops are tomorrow and my best advice is stick true to size no matter what. Good luck with the online game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom