Jordan Chris Paul CP3.II Detailed Look and Detailed Breakdown

http://blog.nola.com/susa..._hopes_his_cp3ii_sho.html
[h3]Chris Paul hopes his CP3.II shoe will be the next sneaker star[/h3][h4]Posted by Susan Langenhennig, Fashion writer, The Times-Picayune February 18, 20096:53AM[/h4]
Categories: Living: Fashion

For someone so young, and so incredibly talented, Hornets point guard Chris Paul has easily racked up as many honors as he has years playing in the NBA.

All-Star starter. Olympic gold medalist. "Man of Steals." Michael Jordan's pal.
http://
Here's another one: "He's a motorcycle among cars," said Jason Mayden, senior footwear designer for Jordan Brand, a division of Nike."A motorcycle can cut and slash, be quick and aggressive. That's Chris."

Once upon a time, everyone wanted to be like Mike. Nowadays, everyone wants to cut like Chris.

At least that's the hope of his marketing team, and, after Paul's performance in Sunday's All Star Game in Phoenix (14 points, 14 assists, sevenrebounds, three steals), fans no doubt will be doing their best CP3 moves on backyard basketball goals around the country.

It couldn't be better timing for Jordan Brand to release Paul's second signature shoe. The CP3.II will be unveiled on Saturday in a limited-editionblack version with purple, green and gold trim at the Sports Plus and Foot Locker stores on Canal Street. It's a hot look, with Mardi Gras-inspired swirlswoven into the heel.

The shoe will go on sale nationwide on March 14 in black and silver, white and black and black and blue patterns.

Curiously enough, these sneaks aren't just targeting the high school hardwood and b-ball hip-hop crowd. Jordan Brand hopes Paul can give these kicksenough bounce to propel them out of the basketball court and into the soccer stadium.

The $118 shoe's design was, in part, inspired by Futsal, Mayden said.

Futsal?

A five-on-five game, it's soccer's lesser-known little sister. While not a big deal around here, the game apparently is the bomb internationally,played on far-flung fields from Japan to Brazil, Ukraine to Belgium.

Futsal is played indoors, is extremely fast paced and requires quick thinking and ball-handling skills.

"Futsal is known for lightning-quick dribbling foot patterns and agile cutting, two performance attributes the Jordan CP3.II delivers," accordingto the shoe's fact sheet.

"The key components that connect the way Chris plays basketball (with Futsal) is the way he moves," Mayden said.

"I have never played Futsal, but I am familiar with it," Paul said via e-mail during his whirlwind All-Star weekend. "Being able to reachinternationally with my shoe is very important."

Paul's star performance in the Beijing Olympics last summer underscored his potential to shine far beyond the U.S. borders. "We wanted to lookoutside the realm of basketball," Mayden said. "We're a global brand, and Chris is a global athlete."

Paul lends more than his name to his new shoe. Graphics on the heel add a personal touch. There's his birthday (5-6-85), his brother CJ's initialsand the name of Coach Skip Prosser of Wake Forest, Paul's alma mater.

Paul said he's worn the new CP3.II four times so far, including a special player's edition during the All-Star game Sunday.

"Everything about the shoe speaks to me," he said. "The shoe feels great, just like my first shoe. If the shoe isn't comfortable anddoesn't fit my needs, I wouldn't wear it."

Jordan Brand is taking every opportunity to put Paul's face out there with the league's heavy hitters. He's among the brand's "BecomeLegendary" ad campaign, which also features Carmelo Anthony and Rip Hamilton. The ads ran during All-Star weekend.

White/Black/Aqua(not the mardi gras release).

_CP3II2.jpg
air-jordan-cp3-ii-white-black-energy-1.jpg

^sick angle..
air-jordan-cp3-ii-white-black-energy-2.jpg

the mardi gras are releasing nationwide @ some footlockers tomorrow (just to remove confusion as to whether it's only a new orleans area release).

it's the lakers team shoe. i'd cop for gym shoes. they look like they have good grip and don't weigh alot. just what a point gaurd needs.

there is a lot going on on the shoe. Might look better with solid colors instead of crazy patterns.

I think its a good looking shoe and a decent price. Quality looks good too. I may cop in the future but holding off for now.

the colorways 4 the shoe r nice....but not feelin the design of the shoe..
must b good 4 ball though....

got mine over the weekend,
they r so sweet~
gotta say thank you to JB on this one!
they really use efforts and serious on CP's design~
so far 2 CP signature shoes, both r made me fell in luv by first seen... not just because i like CP so much... but the design of the shoes r real good~
i luv it!

happy to c all the haters out there, lol.
more haters plz, so i can grab mine even cheaper~ lol

Back
Top Bottom