Jordan collectors

im pretty sure alot of yall took the niketalk census and i have a question about sum of the info.
i saw that alot of the households that you guys live in make 100,000 and less with more than one person. in the the other hand abot 100 to 200 pairs ofjordans/nike/etc. im a young collector to be exact i just turned 18. people look in my closet and damn how do you get all these shoes. i say i jus pick up apair off here every few months after saving money. to get to the point i have alot of jays bout i have no bills im going to college for free and i work. nowdont flame me but how do you older guys with average jobs manage to collect over 100 shoes. yall can cop 2 or 3 of the same shoe, but yall have bills, cars,children, and the most expensive of them all "WOMEN''. so i just want to kno how some of yall manage yall money to collect.

work get a job i live with my mom alone and shes make about 10,000 a year so she cant buy me shoes even if she wants to so i work for that

Originally Posted by BallinB

kicks over everything
laugh.gif
So true. I'm only 20. I'm a college student and Istill live with my mom. I have a girlfriend who has her own job so she can buy what she wants. I have bills, but not many. My mom frowns on all the many pairsof Jordans I have but so what. I'm still young. I use to always tell myself I'd be a sneaker head til I die. Who knows when I'll truly stop.

I have been working since I was 16 and I buy my kicks with all the money I make. But every now and then if my mom feels generous, she'll cop me a pair. Thelast pair she bought me were the black/stealth 23s on release day last year, because she liked them and thought I would too so she got them for me.

Originally Posted by Black Ice116

kicks over everything
laugh.gif
So true. I'm only 20. I'm a college student and I still live with my mom. I have a girlfriend who has her own job so she can buy what she wants. I have bills, but not many. My mom frowns on all the many pairs of Jordans I have but so what. I'm still young. I use to always tell myself I'd be a sneaker head til I die. Who knows when I'll truly stop.

I have been working since I was 16 and I buy my kicks with all the money I make. But every now and then if my mom feels generous, she'll cop me a pair. The last pair she bought me were the black/stealth 23s on release day last year, because she liked them and thought I would too so she got them for me.
same here, but im only 18

I got my wife and my 4 kids, I put them before anybody and/or anything ,after there needs are satisfied ,then I can peacefully satisfy mine.....

"Bone gristle cracking from continuous grinding" <<-- thats how I manage

buy wat you like and when you dont like it no more get rid of it let someone else have some fun with it.
9Kinda Like A Women.)

Well, I was lucky enough to get a huge settlement from my work when I got injured when I was only 15, 12 years ago, so from there I just saved and invested inthe right places and now I have a continuous cash flow. Also, as you get older you learn how to budget yourself from the "WANTS" versus"NEEDS". If you can figure out daily if the things you buy were a want or a need, then you can save enough (even with, bills, car, rent/mortgage,insurance, and most of all WOMEN) to buy 2X or 3X of J's.

Originally Posted by The J Collector

I got my wife and my 4 kids, I put them before anybody and/or anything ,after there needs are satisfied ,then I can peacefully satisfy mine.....
I also have a wife and 3 kids. I take care of mine after I take care of them. I have two jobs so that helps me out a lot. Plus my girl works andwe both make good money.

Originally Posted by Black Ice116

kicks over everything
laugh.gif
So true. I'm only 20. I'm a college student and I still live with my mom. I have a girlfriend who has her own job so she can buy what she wants. I have bills, but not many. My mom frowns on all the many pairs of Jordans I have but so what. I'm still young. I use to always tell myself I'd be a sneaker head til I die. Who knows when I'll truly stop.

I have been working since I was 16 and I buy my kicks with all the money I make. But every now and then if my mom feels generous, she'll cop me a pair. The last pair she bought me were the black/stealth 23s on release day last year, because she liked them and thought I would too so she got them for me.

Same here. I'm 19 and a junior in college. I live with my parents when not at school. Dont have many bills. Only thing is, my parents only buy meclothes/sneakers for Christmas or my Birthday. I can't complain.

IN MY CASE I DIDNT MEAN TO COLLECT EM SHOES ... IT JUST CME LIKE DAT ... BY GETTIN A PAIR HERE N THERE BUT I MUST ADMIT I ALWAYS BUY A PAIR OR 2 EVERYMONTH..... GUESS ONE PAYCHECK IS FOR BILLS N RENT AND THE OTHER ONE ... MMMM
HARD TO SAVE THIS WAY
THANKS TO NIKETALK U CN PLAN UR FUTURE PURCHASE... AND GET READY ACCORDINGLY

as long as family and mortgage/bills are str8, i keep an eye on joints i wanna cop.
happy.gif
(btw thanx NT for release dates)

I usually do the math to find out the expenses for the month.. got some extra then it'll be for some kicks or something else. Credit card helps too becauseyou get the end of the month to pay it completely back. just be careful with those.

Yeah when you have been addicted for 12 years its hard not to cop what you want....especially when you work in a shoe store, its like being a kid in a candystore.....

its called money management. i have a job and live at the house with my parents go to school and have a girl friend who hasn't been working. just save upmoney and since you know when all the release dates are budget around that. I also work at a shoe store and everything seems sooo tempting. but just have tobudget my money right.

i got 2 jobs and my wife has a pretty good job so that helps out alot any money we got left over we buy shoes were both sneaker heads

im 19 two kids my own appartment bills you know what happens at this point you get what jordans you really like not the hype

Man, good question! I got 3 kid's and a baby momma. Obviously my J's addiction has slowed down dramatically, especially since my daughter was born whois my 3rd and last child but saving cash and having an old lady that understands and respects my shoe game helps. It ain't so easy any more and I gottapass on some heat here and there like the Toro Bravo pack and the Black/Carolina XII's but most of it is due to the bad economy, ya'll feel me! Otherthan that it's better than being addicted to any drug's (although I'll always love Mary
smokin.gif
), but come True Blue III's, Space Jam XI's, and hopefully some CementIV's and Bordeaux VII's, I might just sell one of my kid's on the black market, lol......I kidd, I kidd, but mark my word's, I'll put insome O.T. and I will cop all those. It ain't easy bruh, but we Og's will make it happen. Not to mention any VI's coming out. What it do JB?

Originally Posted by elpurepecha

buy wat you like and when you dont like it no more get rid of it let someone else have some fun with it.
9Kinda Like A Women.)
co sign...

this is exactly what i practice in coppig J's...

I have two kids,house,two cars,and more than enough bills,but like other people said after everything is paid for and my family is taken care of I can get myJ's.I have slowed down because of the economy and because of all the crap JB is releasing but if their is something I want I get it.

im 19 and have 60 pairs, bought i would say 55 of them myself , so 100 -200 pair doesnt seem that hard t0 get when im older

Back
Top Bottom