Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

200.gif

Nike dont care either way. Its just another way to prolong giving everyone what they really want. When they do, we will still buy them as well.
Yep. They have been doing this for a long time, however, when they first started doing it, people really thought it was going to be 10+ years before they saw a release of an OG color way. Nowadays, you can just wait 3-5 years before the shoe releases again.

Not only that but you have people buying shoes to have them customized so that they have a "vintage" look to them. I still have a DS pair of Unites that I might just have customized to WC as I have seen some good customs done, just got to find the right person to do it.
There's a few customizers out there that are pretty good but want to age everything or put a reverse swoosh on EVERYTHING. No creativity.

Has JB ever released a aged/vintage retro before? Just so we can know what to expect?

The closest thing I can think of to a 'vintage' Jordan is the AJKO's released in 2009/10. I think some people used something to remove the pre-yellowing on the midsoles.

I'm still undecided on these. I know that vintage crap would bother me and I hate the idea of buying a shoe and customizing to make it look nice.

Has JB ever released a aged/vintage retro before? Just so we can know what to expect?

Only the Virgil 2s.

Nope.... we won't really know what this really means until the Reimagined Chicago 1s drop.

I'd imagine they'll be pics of the 1s to start the hysteria soon since we have pics of some of the fall/winter releases now.

I want OGs too.... but if these 3s look like the 2s I really won't complain.

What if they do the crumbling midsole thing like the 2s have?

We dont need no pre-worn looking pairs, we can add that effect on our own.
A decade+ is beyond a long enough wait, to get a proper retro.
Don fk this up nike.

Last edited:
As an OG-head, I can tell you we hated when the midsole yellowed. Being a dumb teenager, and not knowing anything about how sneakers were manufactured, I spent countless hours trying to "rub off" the yellow from my WC4 and Trainer TWs midsoles. Absolutely HATED the yellowing. Honestly didn't notice it on the netting of the 4s and 5s b/c it happened gradually, and we all wore our shoes back then, so no one had a DS pair; heck, that term didn't even exist.

So not sure what JB is trying to pay homage to with this pre-aged crap. Certainly not honoring the feeling us OGs had with these sneakers.

I've never had a WC3 as I started with the WC4. People with the 3s were looked down on b/c that was "last year's" model and it looked so plain and pathetic compared to the 4s at that time ;-).

Back
Top Bottom