Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Sorry for the post that's probably been asked a thousand times but are people sizing down for these? I hear they run bigger than the fire reds.

Gentry is a dweeb

I said it.
100%. Dude really went out of his way to try and make himself the face of Jordan Brand. SMH. Should have stopped doing interviews and focus on improving the quality of the shoes. Still cringe when I look at all of the 4s that dropped under his watch. Loser couldn’t even fix the alignment of the mesh panels. Moron. I hope he’s reading this right now.

Any place where small sizes are still available? Looking for a men's size 4. I saw them still available on Nike.com this weekend, but was so busy that I didn't purchase. Now they pulled everything related to this shoe.

Also, anyone know if there was much of a difference between the kids version vs. the men's version? The kid's version is cheaper and they are still available.

Any place where small sizes are still available? Looking for a men's size 4. I saw them still available on Nike.com this weekend, but was so busy that I didn't purchase. Now they pulled everything related to this shoe.

Also, anyone know if there was much of a difference between the kids version vs. the men's version? The kid's version is cheaper and they are still available.
Dawg I think them little guy Men’s sizes were in stock on SNKRS for like a week after RD

100%. Dude really went out of his way to try and make himself the face of Jordan Brand. SMH. Should have stopped doing interviews and focus on improving the quality of the shoes. Still cringe when I look at all of the 4s that dropped under his watch. Loser couldn’t even fix the alignment of the mesh panels. Moron. I hope he’s reading this right now.
Did he actually have THAT much control?

Did he actually have THAT much control?

He even said in that podcast that he wasn't happy with a lot of the material choices. He's still a boogeyman to a lot of dudes on this board all these years later lol.

As for the mesh panels, they changed them on purpose because people were *****ing about how the OG style didn't stay put. They were trying to give it a cleaner look where the mesh stayed in place.

He even said in that podcast that he wasn't happy with a lot of the material choices. He's still a boogeyman to a lot of dudes on this board all these years later lol.

As for the mesh panels, they changed them on purpose because people were *****ing about how the OG style didn't stay put. They were trying to give it a cleaner look where the mesh stayed in place.
It’s nice to see you’re still on NT, Gentry.

Lol. I never had a problem with my black/red 4s from 1999. Hell, the alignment of the mesh was how you differentiated real pairs from fake pairs.

And honestly, if Gentry is going to take credit for Jordan Brand’s growth, then he can also take criticism for all the junk they put out. It’s not hard to create a nice colorway out of an existing model. But that dude also thought Jordan 8 lows were a good idea. Lol

Lol. I never had a problem with my black/red 4s from 1999. Hell, the alignment of the mesh was how you differentiated real pairs from fake pairs.

And honestly, if Gentry is going to take credit for Jordan Brand’s growth, then he can also take criticism for all the junk they put out. It’s not hard to create a nice colorway out of an existing model. But that dude also thought Jordan 8 lows were a good idea. Lol

Oh I agree on the mesh. It never bothered me because that's how the OG's were. I was used to it, and it definitely confused me when they changed it. Like you said, it was the 100% easiest way to spot a fake for a loooong time.

I found that podcast interesting, and the fact that NT was brought up at all was a funny surprise. All I'm talking about as far as NT and Gentry goes, is the dudes on here who act like he personally murdered Jesus and poured sugar in their gas tanks. It's almost the reverse of what you said. They wanna blame him for every bad thing that ever happened in the history of Jordan Brand (even if he wasn't there at the time), and act like he never had any sort of positive effect. And yeah, the AJ8 Lows were poop.

So like I asked before and didn’t get an answer, besides it being the bandwagon thing to do in regards to bashing him, what did Gentry do that was so bad compared to what we are STILL seeing today?
I don’t think it’s so much of “he was different from now” as much as it is, “now is the way it is because of him”.

He sorta started the yarn ball that equated to what we deal with today.

But when I think of that era / Gentry.. I think of the Military Blue 4’s and retros around 06-07.. which were absolute garbage quality in hindsight. If he is talking in detail enough about them getting stitching patterns incorrect, then he knows they were ripping us off with that garbage in that era. And they willingly released it, with his hand in it.

So like I asked before and didn’t get an answer, besides it being the bandwagon thing to do in regards to bashing him, what did Gentry do that was so bad compared to what we are STILL seeing today?

My guess is that it started with the Nike Air thing and after that, everything got pinned on him. Then it was the bandwagon thing where people only knew his name because he was the cool thing to hate. He addressed a lot of the common bashing points in that podcast, including how he was disappointed with material choices.

~Look at all this good stuff I got released…But that horribly bad stuff that everybody bashes me for, wasn’t my fault ~ Gentry probably…Cop out type vibe…Just own it…

The WORST quality Jordan retro’s released at a time that Nike was patting themselves on the back for their historic earnings reports…All while Gentry was running the show…For him to say he “didn’t like it” or whatever the hell he said is all 🧢…I bet he liked those gigantic bonuses he got by Nike saving boatloads of cash on the materials they were using on their products…I’m also sure he’s high as hell in the fact that they slid all that trash out to the buyers for years, only for the “remaster” campaign to come around so Nike could up-charge for the quality they should’ve been using the whole time…

And as far as what started the Gentry slide…It was for sure his removing the Nike Air off of the retros to “preserve the OG collectors collections”…Whole bunch of stupid right there and was for sure the beginning of the sneaker community giving him the side eye…What OG sneaker collector would say they don’t want a pair of wearable sneakers because they have the original (unwearable) pair stashed away somewhere…Didn’t make sense back then, doesn’t make sense now…The **** quality that got put out during the back half of his first run with JB is absolutely something he should be ashamed of but he’s out here deflecting saying he didn’t like it or it wasn’t his fault…Miss me with that…

So yeah, I don’t feel sorry for the corporate shill crying that he got his feelings hurt by the mean old sneaker community…He knowingly made his millions off sneakers made of cardboard that were then sold at a premium…

Well, rainking rainking will be proud. Got my double up from ebay yesterday. Used that coupon and got a pair for $258 (before tax and shipping). Dude literally only posted a pic of them inside the box, and one of the box itself. From what I could see, the EP looked pretty good to me, so I pulled the trigger. EP was even better than I expected. Everything matches, low-ish toe rand, even tumbling on the upper, light yellowing...

PXL_20230328_031131392.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20230328_031223059.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
PXL_20230328_031534392.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Those are pretty much perfect, dude.
I just bought a fourth pair that looks good from eBay last night. NOW I'm done for real :lol:
But it's WILD how many listings and photos I have looked through to find pairs that avoid the big old fat EP all over. Not sure how statistically relevant it truly is, but from everything I've seen it seems like the new thin EP is definitely found on a minority of pairs. So many pairs have the bad EP, it's totally bizarre.

F that herb

~Look at all this good stuff I got released…But that horribly bad stuff that everybody bashes me for, wasn’t my fault ~ Gentry probably…Cop out type vibe…Just own it…

The WORST quality Jordan retro’s released at a time that Nike was patting themselves on the back for their historic earnings reports…All while Gentry was running the show…For him to say he “didn’t like it” or whatever the hell he said is all 🧢…I bet he liked those gigantic bonuses he got by Nike saving boatloads of cash on the materials they were using on their products…I’m also sure he’s high as hell in the fact that they slid all that trash out to the buyers for years, only for the “remaster” campaign to come around so Nike could up-charge for the quality they should’ve been using the whole time…

And as far as what started the Gentry slide…It was for sure his removing the Nike Air off of the retros to “preserve the OG collectors collections”…Whole bunch of stupid right there and was for sure the beginning of the sneaker community giving him the side eye…What OG sneaker collector would say they don’t want a pair of wearable sneakers because they have the original (unwearable) pair stashed away somewhere…Didn’t make sense back then, doesn’t make sense now…The **** quality that got put out during the back half of his first run with JB is absolutely something he should be ashamed of but he’s out here deflecting saying he didn’t like it or it wasn’t his fault…Miss me with that…

So yeah, I don’t feel sorry for the corporate shill crying that he got his feelings hurt by the mean old sneaker community…He knowingly made his millions off sneakers made of cardboard that were then sold at a premium…

I watched that podcast/interview last night. They let the dude off so lightly, for the most part. But yeah, that ongoing MORONIC thing about the Nike Air and the "OG collectors," or people who, as he said, were smart or wise enough to hold onto the old pairs ... all of that "logic" never made a damn bit of sense. Not one. I'm an "OG." I had the the OGs. Even if I had kept them all, and I did for many years after I first got them, yeah, how did that help me rock a fresh wearable pair with NA? It didn't. And I too imagine the collectors who did hang onto their old pairs still wished they had wearable new pairs. I mean WTF, man, where did you come up with that reasoning, Gentry? It still makes no sense and it still pisses me the hell off to this day--and apparently he STILL thinks he was right and that it made sense :smh:

Can't never forget what he said about the NIKE AIR in the back.

Last edited:
Those are pretty much perfect, dude.
I just bought a fourth pair that looks good from eBay last night. NOW I'm done for real :lol:
But it's WILD how many listings and photos I have looked through to find pairs that avoid the big old fat EP all over. Not sure how statistically relevant it truly is, but from everything I've seen it seems like the new thin EP is definitely found on a minority of pairs. So many pairs have the bad EP, it's totally bizarre.

I watched that podcast/interview last night. They let the dude off so lightly, for the most part. But yeah, that ongoing MORONIC thing about the Nike Air and the "OG collectors," or people who, as he said, were smart or wise enough to hold onto the old pairs ... all of that "logic" never made a damn bit of sense. Not one. I'm an "OG." I had the the OGs. Even if I had kept them all, and I did for many years after I first got them, yeah, how did that help me rock a fresh wearable pair with NA? It didn't. And I too imagine the collectors who did hang onto their old pairs still wished they had wearable new pairs. I mean WTF, man, where did you come up with that reasoning, Gentry? It still makes no sense and it still pisses me the hell off to this day--and apparently he STILL thinks he was right and that it made sense :smh:

Totally agree with it being dumb reasoning. Never understood it, still don't. It just didn't bother me as much as it does some people. The majority of the shoes were the same, minus the Nike Air, so I bought and wore my pairs. Yeah, I would've preferred them having Nike Air, but it didn't bug me enough to not buy the shoes that I had wanted for a decade or two.

Back
Top Bottom