Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

I ignored them for years, mostly because of judging-a-book by it's cover (mostly Brendan Dunne's mustache look). :lol:

But I've watched the show over the years and I don't think they're terrible per se. They're all knowledgeable (Welty especially) and aren't some young/new jacks. I wouldn't argue against labeling them "dweebs" or something like that tho. :lol:

I'll def take them over some young/Gen Z fools for sure. :lol:

Being better than some of these gen z cats ain’t saying much bro. Thats a LOW bar. I respect Welty for the most part but they are just awful bro. The be wearing some absolute bull**** and having some jail worthy takes. They said drakes nocta fake kidd bs was a top shoe of the year

Being better than some of these gen z cats ain’t saying much bro. Thats a LOW bar. I respect Welty for the most part but they are just awful bro. The be wearing some absolute bull**** and having some jail worthy takes. They said drakes nocta fake kidd bs was a top shoe of the year

:lol: Is there another sneakers podcast we can check for then? Please do guide us.

What don't you like that they wear? You talking their clothes or shoes?

And where did they say the Nocta was top shoe of the year? That's terrible if true. :lol:

And to be clear, I disagree with a lot of their tastes, just looking for some examples.

Last edited:
Welty easily has the worst takes on the show, can't stand that clown :lol:

Don’t get it twisted Welty is a clown. Ijs I respect that he has a lane that he stays in and doesn’t pretend. Hes like a hardcore adi originals guy

:lol: Is there another sneakers podcast we can check for then? Please do guide us.

What don't you like that they wear? You talking their clothes or shoes?

And where did they say the Nocta was top shoe of the year? That's terrible if true. :lol:

And to be clear, I disagree with a lot of their tastes, just looking for some examples.

That’s the thing, they are like the only “mainstream” sneaker podcast.

I haven’t seen any of them wear an outfit that wasn’t trash. Not talking about their shoes but when they do wear a good shoe they make it look as unappealing as possible.

They had the noctas and the terror squad af1 and a bunch of other nonsense in their top 10 it was bad

Don’t get it twisted Welty is a clown. Ijs I respect that he has a lane that he stays in and doesn’t pretend. Hes like a hardcore adi originals guy

That’s the thing, they are like the only “mainstream” sneaker podcast.

I haven’t seen any of them wear an outfit that wasn’t trash. Not talking about their shoes but when they do wear a good shoe they make it look as unappealing as possible.

They had the noctas and the terror squad af1 and a bunch of other nonsense in their top 10 it was bad

Yeah their gear is trash. :smh: Wasn't sure if you were talking about the shoes. But I'm not watching this show for what they are wearing. Mostly watch to hear different perspective.

And just looked it up. Noctas were not in Complex's top 10 but TS AF1's were...

And for the record that's a Complex-company list, not from the 3 them.

Last edited:
if you go back and watch the episode they had the nocta on top 10 and were forced to swap it out cuz they almost got boo’d off the stage lol

Dunne and la puma 100% had say in that list

La puma was SALTY because he loves that nocta shoe

if you go back and watch the episode they had the nocta on top 10 and were forced to swap it out cuz they almost got boo’d off the stage lol

Dunne and la puma 100% had say in that list

La puma was SALTY because he loves that nocta shoe

Ha...yeah they wildin' with that take on the Noctas. :smh:

And yeah, there's about 25 or so Comlplex staff that make the list each year, and all 3 from the show are def part of it. Was just clarifying it was not just the 3 of them making those lists.

I dunno, I watch that show pretty regularly cause who else has worn sneakers for 3 decades, has a show dedicated to discussing releases from a personal and historical standpoint across categories and brands, and are actual career journalists with sources and news from the same companies?

And then they actually interview people dudes talk smack about for months on end here. They call out Marcus Jordan, they have the StockX CEO on for an interview and a few mos later they change their policy, they break apart Whitner’s AMM backdoor scam. They chat up people making collabs, running retail boutiques, deciding strategy for these corporations.

What are you looking for? Cause I haven’t found that in another show with credible guests and serious discussion. I don’t even agree with a lot of their personal style but it’s totally irrelevant to the show’s focus. It’s not a show about styling or stunting

Dunne used to write for Sneakernews (or maybe Solecollector or maybe both) and his articles were insufferable and almost always contained factually incorrect information. He may be knowledgeable now since he’s been and industry baby so long. I’ll give him credit for his unique style and being a Reebok Guy.

Welty admittedly got into sneakers later in life but has his own lane and isn’t afraid to run with a hot take when he believes it. Way off mainstream for being on the most mainstream show possible. He asks by far the best questions of their guests and lets no one off the hook.

JLP is a plant.

People like them exist in the space and should be welcomed, I just don’t think the three of them together present a good representation of the average sneaker consumer.

Dunne used to write for Sneakernews (or maybe Solecollector or maybe both) and his articles were insufferable and almost always contained factually incorrect information. He may be knowledgeable now since he’s been and industry baby so long. I’ll give him credit for his unique style and being a Reebok Guy.

Welty admittedly got into sneakers later in life but has his own lane and isn’t afraid to run with a hot take when he believes it. Way off mainstream for being on the most mainstream show possible. He asks by far the best questions of their guests and lets no one off the hook.

JLP is a plant.

People like them exist in the space and should be welcomed, I just don’t think the three of them together present a good representation of the average sneaker consumer.
Welty is 37 and talks about sneakers since college in the early 2000’s so I don’t think you got that right. He was an air max guy after adidas. He’s the most into running shoes of the group and I’d say he’s much more a fan of NB/Asics/Saucony/Soloman these days than Adidas. But he respects and knows the Jordans and he’s much more likely to hate on Nike for SB and AM decisions than say much bad about J’s.

JLP is a host/face and a dork but I don’t think he made up the stories about working in foot stores. I’m not sure what stories soleretriever got wrong but Dunne’s got more access to the pipeline than anyone dropping by NT these days lol

I see people in here saying that the show isn't about styling and stuntin. News Flash, that's what helped build up the popularity of wearing sneakers outside of sports, during the 1980,s as a kid. It's a huge disconnect from what initially made sneakers/tennis popular back in the 1980,s, when i was a kid. As opposed to what social media turned it into today. Not to sound racists, because I never was and never will be.

But street fashion from hustlers, down to the rappers, actors, and celebrities, along with the athletes. Were wearing the shoes in a stylish way on TV and outside at events, is what helped consumers gravitate towards tennis shoes more. Rap videos, TV shows, and watching the signed athletes perform in them is what helped build this community.

At certain times back then, you would see certain people outside with a clean fit, and maybe some jewelry, with those new pair of Jordans, trainers, max,s reeboks, elleses, etc. It would make you want them even more when the shoes were worn right.

Fast forward to right now, the entire culture of shoes has changed dramatically. To the point of, its way more of a collectors type of hobby right now. By the comments in here telling us that those guys don't have to worry about having any style, when it comes to their clothes, shows everybody that.

Due to the effects of the reseller market, collab shoes, and social media in general. The people who should be the face of the sneaker community aren't, because they don't really want to be apart of something that's turned corny and cringe.

Add to the fact, the people that are in the position of power on social media, controls who represents this thing we call the sneaker/shoe community. So at this point, it's the uncool kids of the school, aka nerds, with no style, people who are literally the new face of tennis shoes/sneakers today.

It's not even about getting fresh and fly, by putting on a new fit, with some DS new shoes, and some jewelry anymore. That's what gave the tennis shoes life outside of the athletes making history in them. Now it's all about watching awkward looking people wearing odd weird fits with new shoes. Then the talking points are about the resale value, upcoming releases, and how many pairs are made.

It's not about watching your favourite athletes, wearing them in a game anymore, or seeing someone in a clean fit with them on. Its all about collecting the shoes, and treating them as if they're pokemon cards nowadays.

lol that’s a lot of words that have nothing to do with those guys. They routinely wear busted up old kicks on the show. To say they’re perpetuating Pokémon culture is off the wall. They talk about trends and what people are wearing on foot but if you want some show with dudes stunting and all about style… go make it? I don’t really have any interest in that kind of show cause I’m not trying to dress like someone I see on a show or a celebrity photographed.

Quite frankly it just sounds like corny nonsense waiting to happen in this day and age to me, but you can’t create some idea of a mythical sneakerhead relegated to the shadows with no voice today. That’s goofy.

“Sneakerhead” has always been cringe af

I will say that a lot of my vitriol for these boys is collateral damage from shooting at Trinidad James. At the end of the day it’s all subjective except for when it comes to James. He is objectively *** and it’s a scientific fact. He’s part of that crew and you can tell he thinks he’s the “cool” one which is disgusting.

Jim jones touches on the sentiment in this video

Start @21:20

“I can’t let yall live, this a very serious thing” 🔥

Last edited:

I will say that a lot of my vitriol for these boys is collateral damage from shooting at Trinidad James. At the end of the day it’s all subjective except for when it comes to James. He is objectively *** and it’s a scientific fact. He’s part of that crew and you can tell he thinks he’s the “cool” one which is disgusting.

lol that’s a completely different show altogether

Not sure how ANYONE tolerates Trinidad and his walking cartoon persona so I skip FSR...but I dont mind a few hipster trend following geeks letting me know what JUNK is coming out and which Gems to wait for so I watch the podcast lol......but yeh, WE ARE IN THE JUNK WAX ERA OF KICKS IMO

Who would our three hosts be?

We’ll start with H headdetective and trappedintime trappedintime

IMG_2303.gif

IMG_2304.gif

I’m not sure what you mean by “shooting at TJ” , but it is all subjective.

I don’t know who Jim Jones is nor do I care but he does himself no favors by delegitimizing Weltys experience because he wasn’t from the “hood”. Let’s be clear, you don't have to be from the hood or listen to hip hop/rap to be influenced to wear sneakers or Jordan’s. You dont push others down to prop yourself up. Terrible take by JJ.

While the 3 guys on Complex sneakers podcast might be nerds/dorks/etc., they at least put themselves out there which is quite the hypocrisy when everyone on here is anonymous. I think it’s unreasonable to expect dudes talking about sneakers who clearly are more into sneakers than fashion to just start all of a sudden being fashionable due to a few opinions on Niketalk.

So Niketalk & to all the dudes who are complaining about what Welty, Dunne and JLP are wearing. What’s your fashion sense? You guys should have no problem posting them fits for the rest of us to judge like you’ve done to those dudes on that podcast.

People would love it for 3 months and then do the exact same thing they're in here doing to the Complex podcast hosts by the next year :lol:

Such and such is corny, this one can't dress, the next cat doesn't know **** about shoes because I disagree with all his opinions.
Your right, that would end up probably going down like that. Still, it would be a cool to actually see and talk to members in here in a face to face type platform.

I’m not sure what you mean by “shooting at TJ” , but it is all subjective.

I don’t know who Jim Jones is nor do I care but he does himself no favors by delegitimizing Weltys experience because he wasn’t from the “hood”. Let’s be clear, you don't have to be from the hood or listen to hip hop/rap to be influenced to wear sneakers or Jordan’s. You dont push others down to prop yourself up. Terrible take by JJ.

While the 3 guys on Complex sneakers podcast might be nerds/dorks/etc., they at least put themselves out there which is quite the hypocrisy when everyone on here is anonymous. I think it’s unreasonable to expect dudes talking about sneakers who clearly are more into sneakers than fashion to just start all of a sudden being fashionable due to a few opinions on Niketalk.

So Niketalk & to all the dudes who are complaining about what Welty, Dunne and JLP are wearing. What’s your fashion sense? You guys should have no problem posting them fits for the rest of us to judge like you’ve done to those dudes on that podcast.

I’ve said multiple times that it’s all subjective. And I agree that you don’t have to be from the hood. Jordan’s garnered respect from all walks of life since the 80s and they no longer do partially because of clowns like that. nothing is going to change my opinion. They are clowns.

You think these dudes were trying to be “fresh” or cared about a fit? You’re missing the point
IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

*side bar, you not knowing who capo is is nuts but that’s just my opinion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom