Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

I’m really confused here. Are you saying 80’s rock stars, including the ones above, didn’t curate a look for themselves? It was just happenstance they all dressed similarly and some of them had the freshest, most expensive basketball shoes on foot? 🤣 just like skateboarders were rockin em for performance at that time too right?

And a podcast that actually has respect for presenting sneakers professionally is the reason the universal appeal of anybody being able to put the most expensive shoe on the market on their feet is now gone is because of “clowns” like those 3 guys who have been buying sneakers for 30+ years?

I’m really failing to see the connection here at all.

IMG_9751.gif

I’ve said multiple times that it’s all subjective. And I agree that you don’t have to be from the hood. Jordan’s garnered respect from all walks of life since the 80s and they no longer do partially because of clowns like that. nothing is going to change my opinion. They are clowns.

You think these dudes were trying to be “fresh” or cared about a fit? You’re missing the point
IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

*side bar, you not knowing who capo is is nuts but that’s just my opinion
Heard of him in passing but thats it.

My first sentence in my response was to you, the rest was just a comment on what JJ said and about what people are saying in general. I’m not trying to convince you they’re not clowns. Go ahead, it’s your opinion. They do provide good info and do talk about the things we care about that no one else is providing.

I was thinking about dudes in metal bands and skaters when I was writing my previous response. Very cool

I’m not actually really caring about what other dudes are wearing lol, just pointing out that there is a level of hypocrisy when we get to see people putting themselves out there with whatever fit, sneaker, fashion, etc. and everyone here is virtually anonymous. Wanting to see dudes fits was a rhetorical statement…

They do provide good info and do talk about the things we care about that no one else is providing.

This we can agree on. I’m just not a fan of dudes (not saying you) trying to block other people from having an opinion. And then because I have an opinion contrary to theirs all of the sudden I have to start a pod :lol:

Anyways, I’ll be shooting for 2 LN3 military’s lol

I actually agreed 100% with Welty’s opinion on the “Industrial Blue” name change. Definitely corny on the part of Jordan Brand. I also do not understand why it takes a collab for Jordan Brand to fix the molds on these shoes? for example the Air Jordan 2 and Off-White and most recently the Air Jordan 4 SB. I mean that should have been done at least 17 years ago from the first Military Blue release.

I’m not sure what you mean by “shooting at TJ” , but it is all subjective.

I don’t know who Jim Jones is nor do I care but he does himself no favors by delegitimizing Weltys experience because he wasn’t from the “hood”. Let’s be clear, you don't have to be from the hood or listen to hip hop/rap to be influenced to wear sneakers or Jordan’s. You dont push others down to prop yourself up. Terrible take by JJ.

While the 3 guys on Complex sneakers podcast might be nerds/dorks/etc., they at least put themselves out there which is quite the hypocrisy when everyone on here is anonymous. I think it’s unreasonable to expect dudes talking about sneakers who clearly are more into sneakers than fashion to just start all of a sudden being fashionable due to a few opinions on Niketalk.

So Niketalk & to all the dudes who are complaining about what Welty, Dunne and JLP are wearing. What’s your fashion sense? You guys should have no problem posting them fits for the rest of us to judge like you’ve done to those dudes on that podcast.

This post is a lot of what is wrong with current sneaker culture....

How so?

I don’t look to others for what I like as far as sneakers go. I look to myself, my taste, and what was made and is still made for MJ.

Capo aint famous for his sneakers and fashion. :lol:

You never heard of Dipset? Camron? Juelz Santana?

How old are you and where you from? 100% serious. Even if you dont listen to hip hop you should know who Jim Jones is.

Back
Top Bottom