Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

If you really struggling to the point where $20 is really that significant to you, that’s fine I get it. I’m just saying don’t go around announcing it like it’s something to be proud of … I’m tellin you it’s not the virtue-signal you think it is … if anything you’re poverty-signaling lmao
Not to speak for the guy but I think the point more so is the value of a dollar. I'm sure, at least I hope, $20 is not life altering to any of us here. But, saying $20 is nothing is a slippery slope because where does it stop? That type of thinking is literally how the resell market blew up. Not because sneakers got better with quality or performance or design. But because people became willing to virtually spare no expense paying well over retail for sneakers that were barely worth retail.

TLDR....it's about the principle. And I say this as someone who is willing to pay retail for what I want within reason.

Before reading this post, my priorities were all wrong! Now I know I CAN afford resell if I want to.

***** please.
1000006015.gif

Not to speak for the guy but I think the point more so is the value of a dollar. I'm sure, at least I hope, $20 is not life altering to any of us here. But, saying $20 is nothing is a slippery slope because where does it stop? That type of thinking is literally how the resell market blew up. Not because sneakers got better with quality or performance or design. But because people became willing to virtually spare no expense paying well over retail for sneakers that were barely worth retail.

TLDR....it's about the principle. And I say this as someone who is willing to pay retail for what I want within reason.

I would say $20 is within reason for something I really want … especially when Nike coulda just charged what these are reselling for right now

Honest question….how do you determine how much is too much to pay over for resell? $5?$ 10? $19.99? Lol like what is the determining factor that draws the line? These already come out to $230 retail. Are we passing on these for $235-$240? 😂
I consider if I would have paid that price if that’s what retail was. And also consider what else I can do with that money.

I'm a retail or bust person, but I will sometimes bite if it's like $5-10 over because I compare it to certain sites that charge tax, shipping of both. Hitting retail @ Shoe Palace, for example is usually resell prices... but depending on the shoe I might still enter a raffle that might come out than more than say, SNKRS that only charges tax.

I'm a retail or bust person, but I will sometimes bite if it's like $5-10 over because I compare it to certain sites that charge tax, shipping of both. Hitting retail @ Shoe Palace, for example is usually resell prices... but depending on the shoe I might still enter a raffle that might come out than more than say, SNKRS that only charges tax.
Right…..so there’s really no “retail or bust” because certain stores have different totals and you’re willing to bend depending on the situation. I’m sure you would pay $11-12 over as well. Everyone pays what they’re comfortable paying. It doesn’t make anyone more financially responsible for paying a little less. Buying $200+ shoes over and over again doesn’t scream financially responsible in any sense anyway. Signing up for a forum just so we don’t forget and have the best chances to throw our money away on these actually screams the opposite 🤣

Honest question….how do you determine how much is too much to pay over for resell? $5?$ 10? $19.99? Lol like what is the determining factor that draws the line? These already come out to $230 retail. Are we passing on these for $235-$240? 😂

$0.01 is too much, IMO. Too many other shoes and I don't want to perpetuate the resale market. I buy resale only when it is at or below retail.

$0.01 is too much, IMO. Too many other shoes and I don't want to perpetuate the resale market. I buy resale only when it is at or below retail.
Yea that makes since you probably won’t get a chance to wear them after already having too many. $.01 is too much but not $200.

It's truly arbitrary and there's no wrong or right answer. If someone says they are passing for $20 over retail I don't consider them a broke boy They just don't want them THAT badly and that's cool.

Their money. Their reason. Their choice.

The elephant in the room is that we all have some degree of addiction or obsessive compulsive disorder and the game takes advantage of that. Some of us think we Avon Barksdale or McNulty when in reality we are closer to Bubbles 🤣
1000006018.gif

I consider if I would have paid that price if that’s what retail was. And also consider what else I can do with that money.
That's pretty much where I am. Do I like a shoe so much that I'd pay this amount if it were retail OR would I trade/sell the cash equivalent to buy these. At this phase it just seems ridiculous to pay resell outright if it's over say $100 and maybe that's too much. For certain if resell is near double retail I'm typically selling off pairs or trading to subsidize the purchase. I love shoes but no sneaker is worth pulling hundreds +retail out the budget without subsidizing that purchase somehow.

Right…..so there’s really no “retail or bust” because certain stores have different totals and you’re willing to bend depending on the situation. I’m sure you would pay $11-12 over as well. Everyone pays what they’re comfortable paying. It doesn’t make anyone more financially responsible for paying a little less. Buying $200+ shoes over and over again doesn’t scream financially responsible in any sense anyway. Signing up for a forum just so we don’t forget and have the best chances to throw our money away on these actually screams the opposite 🤣
What state are you in where certain stores have different totals? At retail sneakers cost the same everywhere in Michigan.

Makes a lot of sense. This color way isn’t that popular and Nike knows. Not many stores have them and those that do have a very low stock. Sucks for those that really like them and will miss out but Nike made an obvious business decision.
Still can’t stop laughing at this post. Maybe it’s the bold. 🤣

What state are you in where certain stores have different totals? At retail sneakers cost the same everywhere in Michigan.
Can be any state. Certain stores charge for shipping some don’t. Different states have different taxes. Certain stores don’t charge tax at all. What’s retail for me may not be retail for the next man and vice versa. Totals vary.

Back
Top Bottom