Jordan Jumpman Swift 6

Here we go: they’re on the FNL site. Couldn’t find them earlier because I had searched “Swift 6,” not “Swift 23.” Even though the box label actually says neither but rather says “Jordan Jumpman Swift.” Ordered my pair. Sleeping well now. Merry Xmas one more time to all of us who want these!

https://www.finishline.com/store/pr...-shoes/prod2785531?styleId=AT2555&colorId=100
Congrats!!! On that note, JB is still a bunch of jerkoffs for the Swift 23 name change.

Not the Swift 6 but a Team Jordan still.. I think I have all the ones I wanted from JHS.

C5ED9E84-52FF-4A00-9B27-530E4AE04A2C.jpeg

They had to change the name because Eddie Jones is no longer part of Brand Jordan.
Got that. But Swift 6 is a “general title.” Removing the original EJ logo was understandable. Nobody who remembers these will call these or the Quick 6s, the Swift 23s or Quick 23s. Other than the Jumpman I don’t associate either of these with Jordan himself. Always be an Eddie shoe to me. I’m just venting bro lol. I know it won’t change.

Got that. But Swift 6 is a “general title.” Removing the original EJ logo was understandable. Nobody who remembers these will call these or the Quick 6s, the Swift 23s or Quick 23s. Other than the Jumpman I don’t associate either of these with Jordan himself. Always be an Eddie shoe to me. I’m just venting bro lol. I know it won’t change.

Yeah, I would think "Swift 6" would be OK as long as they removed the EJ logos, which they did. Eddie Jones doesn't own the number six. I mean, they renamed the Garnett 3 the Air 3 for goodness sake. That said, the box label actually just says Jumpman Swift, no 23 or 6. It might be Finishline that added the 23 to the name incorrectly. Whatever, as long as I have them, they can call them the Swift Sh**s for all I care LOL.

Oh also, is it just me, or did Li-Ning copy the side panel on these for its logo? :lol:

Not the Swift 6 but a Team Jordan still.. I think I have all the ones I wanted from JHS.

C5ED9E84-52FF-4A00-9B27-530E4AE04A2C.jpeg

Never had those Pros but always thought they were solid. The only other team Jordan I ever had was the original model, back in college when they first dropped. Used them for bball a lot, I remember it being a good shoe:

Jumpmanteam.jpg

It's always pretty clear to me that you can see what they were trying to/wished they could do back then that has since actually happened on subsequent shoes over the years. This first team shoe, they tried to make it appear almost midsole-less by making the midsole "wave" pattern extend into the leather of the upper, giving an illusion that it was all one piece. Back then, hidden/internal midsoles were not the norm as they became later. And then on the Swift 6, you see an early example of MJ's ongoing obsession with having "laceless" shoes, or at least no laces visible. That trend continues to this day with the 33, something they've been trying to achieve for years.

Last edited:
Never had those Pros but always thought they were solid. The only other team Jordan I ever had was the original model, back in college when they first dropped. Used them for bball a lot, I remember it being a good shoe:

Jumpmanteam.jpg

It's always pretty clear to me that you can see what they were trying to/wished they could do back then that has since actually happened on subsequent shoes over the years. This first team shoe, they tried to make it appear almost midsole-less by making the midsole "wave" pattern extend into the leather of the upper, giving an illusion that it was all one piece. Back then, hidden/internal midsoles were not the norm as they became later. And then on the Swift 6, you see an early example of MJ's ongoing obsession with having "laceless" shoes, or at least no laces visible. That trend continues to this day with the 33, something they've been trying to achieve for years.

I actually owned the Red Pros and the first Team J's in the pic above in the Navy and Maize colorway which I loved (both). I wore my Pros until I had a hole and begged my mom to buy me something to replace them and I some other Nikes for a little while and scraped up enough cash to hunt down Penny III's and copped the Team Jordans when I couldn't get them in my size.

They just never retroed them well enough for me to buy.

I actually owned the Red Pros and the first Team J's in the pic above in the Navy and Maize colorway which I loved (both). I wore my Pros until I had a hole and begged my mom to buy me something to replace them and I some other Nikes for a little while and scraped up enough cash to hunt down Penny III's and copped the Team Jordans when I couldn't get them in my size.

They just never retroed them well enough for me to buy.

I hear you. As much as I liked those first team shoes back when I had them in '98, I don't think they've aged particularly well. So I never felt any desire to buy any of the retro versions of them that have come along. These Swifts are the first team J retro I've felt a strong desire to own. And the funny thing is, I have no recollection of them from back when they first came out. Like, almost zero. I might have a vague memory of seeing EJ wearing them once or twice on TV, or in an ad or photo, but they never registered with me. That said, I was sort of on a brief hiatus from basketball shoes between about 99-01, which probably explains it. For some unexplainable reason, I had a brief obsession with mid-tier Adidas running shoes back then. I prefer to pretend this never happened :lol:

Yeah, I would think "Swift 6" would be OK as long as they removed the EJ logos, which they did. Eddie Jones doesn't own the number six. I mean, they renamed the Garnett 3 the Air 3 for goodness sake. That said, the box label actually just says Jumpman Swift, no 23 or 6. It might be Finishline that added the 23 to the name incorrectly. Whatever, as long as I have them, they can call them the Swift Sh**s for all I care LOL.

Oh also, is it just me, or did Li-Ning copy the side panel on these for its logo? :lol:
Now I can get jiggy with that lol!

I want a black red version of these. But not too much red. Just a hint of red.

Eddie Jones been quasi MIA these days. Aside from attending a few events in Miami since retirement.

it would’ve been cool for JB and him to unite again for this release.

Nonetheless, I’m in on theSe.

My pair I ordered from FNL on Wednesday night will be here tomorrow. Must’ve sent them from a store out here in CA and not from the main hub in Indy. I am geeked.

Am I the only one salty they’re asking a buck fifty for Team Jordans? Team Jordans....smh

Especially when the box tag says $140. Really they should probably be $125. I’m fairly certain I’ll be seeing these sitting in stores not too long from now, and sales seem inevitable. But I have no patience for these things so I caved and got them now. I guarantee I will get my $150 worth of enjoyment out of them, though, so I’m not gonna sweat it.

This was a nice follow up to the quick 6 back in the day one of the other team jordans the drew inspiration from the X-15 back in 99-00.

Jumpman Select/All-star
Jumpman select.jpg

I really do want these because I had them back in the day but I'm definitely going to wait to get them on sale like I did with the retros of the Pro Quick and the Quick 6.

I wanted to do the same but I just couldn’t exercise that much restraint :lol:

Back
Top Bottom