jordan melo m10

@iks mod Based off what you listed you got a nice rotation for sure! Flight plate will be very different from everything you've ever experienced so you should be super excited about lacing them up.

If it wasn't for this cushioning setup, I wouldn't be as excited about these even though the M9 was a very good shoe imo
Yeah not gonna lie, the fact that they use the same midsole/outsole tech is the main reason I've been looking forward to these.  Though I have heard good things about many of the shoes in Melo's line

Yeah for the most part they've been good money. The last few years they're really making strides on the performance sigs and even team models. If the Melos fit your playing style and likes in a shoe (which it seems to based off what I can tell now) you'll probably be in love.

I'm interested to see how stiff the upper feels in comparison to the XX8 line.

^I'm curious about that as well, because I could always hold out for some XX8 SEs if I like that upper better.

I've had good experiences with both fuse/mesh, as well as nubuck.  Something about the feel of nubuck after it breaks-in is just awesome.

I could do without the chrome look on it, but I don't mind the TPU heel piece at all.  Especially if it does its job

It's been so long since I've played in a nubuck shoe I can't even remember what it feels like.

Is the material on the Knicks CW nubuck?

It's been so long since I've played in a nubuck shoe I can't even remember what it feels like.

Is the material on the Knicks CW nubuck?
I believe it is nubuck on the Knicks CW and maybe on those xmas too.

Nubuck is just a style of leather that has sort of a suede feel.  I just read that it's created from the outer side of cattle hide 
nerd.gif

Newer synthetics like fuse/EM/flyknit, may have more attractive attributes, but nubuck has been very durable in my experience.  It also softens up nicely (I guess how you'd expect most leathers would).

From what I read off Nike's site is that the M10 uses a mix of actual and synthetic leather.  I'm sure it will do the job, but I'm most interested to know how these will be once broken in.  Dynamic fit is there so it should make for a solid feel overall.

Last edited:
Looks like tongue and ankle padding is wrapped in mesh.  Almost looks like it could be a bootie setup.  If so, this could be one insanely comfy combo...

Well a majority of the "sneaker head" scene that has blown up more mainstream in the last few years due to fashion and trends are NOT athletes who care about that stuff.

Personally, I don't care about their opinions and reading the comments on sneaker blogs etc about how these are so trash blah blah blah. Were getting top notch technology and that's all I care about.
happy.gif

At $175, these will sit pretty hard IMO and be discounted to $150 within weeks. Personally I don't care to wait and need to get a pair asap but there will be tons of pairs to be had for $119 and less down the road which is good because more people need to experience flight plate tech.

I'm glad to see there's people excited about these and understand that this shoe is made for one of the best basketball players on the planet. Re-using tech from the XX8 doesn't bother me at all because that tech is the best for me that I've ever encountered.
LOL.  well first off, sneakerheads, aka the kids who spend 200 bucks on the latest ugly shoes to compensate for w/e is wrong or small with them, are pathetic to me.  but it's their money and they can do w/e the hell they like.

second, I'm not sure if you just said you ARE one of those dorky sneakerheads, and nonsensically don't "care" what an athlete who those shoes are actually designed for have to "say", or if you're saying you dont' care what the sneakerheads have to say.  you're kinda being ambiguous there.

lastly, maybe it's just me, but it kinda irks me when people say "tech".  bro there is no technology in shoes.  they're made from materials, with no electricity.  they're made from materials.   flightplate is just plastic, it's not "technology".  you could maybe call them advancements in the materials they use or how they're designed, but unless your shoes are sending text messages for you, they're just shoes.  no tech.

I mean it's not like nike is entering the tech stock business through flightplate lol.

Last edited:
LOL.  well first off, sneakerheads, aka the kids who spend 200 bucks on the latest ugly shoes to compensate for w/e is wrong or small with them, are pathetic to me.  but it's their money and they can do w/e the hell they like.

second, I'm not sure if you just said you ARE one of those dorky sneakerheads, and nonsensically don't "care" what an athlete who those shoes are actually designed for have to "say", or if you're saying you dont' care what the sneakerheads have to say.  you're kinda being ambiguous there.

lastly, maybe it's just me, but it kinda irks me when people say "tech".  bro there is no technology in shoes.  they're made from materials, with no electricity.  they're made from materials.   flightplate is just plastic, it's not "technology".  you could maybe call them advancements in the materials they use or how they're designed, but unless your shoes are sending text messages for you, they're just shoes.  no tech.

I mean it's not like nike is entering the tech stock business through flightplate lol.

^ This is a very good example of someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

Technology isn't just electronics b

Yeah, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and have no idea how to read. :lol:

I'll just leave this for you and you can go on with your Friday :D

Technology (from Greek τέχνη, techne, "art, skill, cunning of hand"; and -λογία, -logia[1]) is the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, crafts, systems, and methods of organization, in order to solve a problem, improve a pre-existing solution to a problem, achieve a goal, handle an applied input/output relation or perform a specific function. It can also refer to the collection of such tools, including machinery, modifications, arrangements and procedures. Technologies significantly affect human as well as other animal species' ability to control and adapt to their natural environments. The term can either be applied generally or to specific areas: examples include construction technology, medical technology, and information technology.

Love ballin in Melos. Super comfy and durable.  Passed on the M9s though. Wasn't a fan of the zig zag pattern on the side.

Regret ballin in my M7 advance though....once they were finshed i just used them for yard work lol

Cant find a pair of M7 advance in any CW at all. Crazy.

Loud and very very wrong :lol:

^Thanks for posting pics.  I kinda like them actually -- would maybe do a lace swap for grey though

Wonder how the knicks cw would look with a matte black TPU heel...

I'd almost be tempted to paint it.  But then I would play in them and it would get scuffed off I'm sure...

Back
Top Bottom