Jordan/Nike fallin off??

ok...so i was going to post this when the CDP XI/XIIs package dropped...but thought it was just me...but now im REALLY irritated with all the re-REretroing ofall these OG colorway jordans. Im probaly late...but i just found out that the True Blues (one of my favorite..if not my favorite shoe) will be releasing ONCEAGAIN in fall '09. Don't know if it's just me being selfish..but damn JB...STOP IT ALREADY!! (not to mention nike is doing the exact same) I knowsome shoes are worth re-releasing...but others NEED to stay in the past and Nike/JB need to come up with new ideas and stop profiting off of OG colorways.YOU'RE KILLING THE HISTORY MAYN!!!

Not sure if this has been brought up before in the past..(sorry if it has)...but wanna get yall's opinion.

my sentiments are as follows, dont re release retro + colorways but everything else is ok with me. I wish they would release more og's just spread out.

Damn Slim,

I was a junior in college when the true blues dropped.
laugh.gif

Its been 7 years at least now... which means the 12 year olds back then are now 19-20 years old and can get them.

Fall back.

And with their lack of quality control, their kicks (unlike pre-2000) ain't made to last forever if you wear them OR keep them DS.

I guess you're gonna jump a bridge to see the "raptor" VIIs this year too.

Fall back.

And their XMAS release, which I am mute about.

[Gucci Man] "AHHHHHHAAAY!"

hold fast the raptors are re releasing? time to dog mine and sell em
laugh.gif

but the true blues are a good look, as long as the colors are done correctly i dont see a problem with it
grin.gif
only jordans i copped last yr were theblack/cement 4s and the black/cement 3's, wasnt a fan of anything else that dropped.

but ur crazy for sayin nike fallin off, theve been bringin quality retros for the past few years, and this year is definetly gonna be a good look, so many goodretros comin out...

Originally Posted by colombianballa

Not sure if this has been brought up before in the past
Only a Million times my man...but its ok.. you weren't the 1st and wont be the last.

As long as there is an NT and sites that try to mimic it, Nike nor Jordan will fall off. As long as there are kids who's parents wore Jordans and Nikesalive.. it will never fall off. As long as there are Hypebeasts Thirsty for the next fix.

Nike nor Jordan will ever fall off.

There is no such thing as the past when you have a word called Retro.

Gentry Humphrey used to work with a dude called Drew Greer in Nike.....(I'll save that story)
roll.gif

Its too good to get lost in this thread..
roll.gif

I have no problem with retro OG colorways, aslong as they are done right.

Word to the niketalk grapevine they are suppose to put nike air on the III's and the VI's(doubt it).

I'm still waiting on some IX's and XIII's(not in a pack) to show up at somepoint. But the way things are looking, i'll be waiting another 3 or4 years for that.

True Blues last released in 2001 I believe. I actually just sold my DS pair, that I acquired early last year I think...because I feared they'd crumbleif I wore them.

The TB 3 is indeed my favorite Jordan shoe, so I'm pleased to hear about the re-Retro.

As EOH mentioned...these shoes arent made to last forever.

And like Chris Rock said about cars...they can build spaceships to withstand insane temperatures...but cant make gumsoled foamposites they dont yellow after3-4 wears?

Right.

Word to those Raptor 7s...and Laney 5s.

Oh, and Flint Gray 9s.

And Columbia 11s.

Let's see them all.

These arent Jordan...but can we see this model retroed? Particularly those white leather, and blue fade joints. I miss those.

a4925afe3d4a855cfd5dda6342d73874485a8ed.pjpg

i feel dude on the re-retros....its getting kinda played...only bcuz they changing them up everytime out...i say if ur gonna do them do it right....i stillwear my true blues from time to time and they hold up pretty good...but i am sure its gonna b some kind of mix up when these joints come out ofproduction.....word to the 3s and 4s out of the CDP's......

Sorry my Colombian paisano (as i am as well), Nike is def not fallin off (overall that is). IN has stumbled a bit but 09 sounds like it has potential. I agreewith EOH that quality has taken a backseat to profit margin, and that the bottom line is truly what's important. I hate to say it, but as long as theirs ajumpman on it, the kids swallow it up (pause). Fusions are seeling well, true flights (look like vii's) are doing well, memo and cp3 sig shoes aren'tdoin too bad either. They just arent goin anywhere.

I for one would love to see true blue 3's even though I still got mine (albeit beat). I would def love to see many retros that we could never fathom, coolgrey 11s (or 9s), white/cement 4s, powder/Carolina 9s, white infrared 6s, space jams, as well as many of tv kicks lavan mentioned. There is plenty of awesomeretroes that I wouldn't mind seein and/or payin retail for. I don't know about yaw, but I'd rather pay retail for some true blue re-retro than $350for a DS 01 pair. I also agree with Harm that these so called purists need to #@+*. If they don't like the retro they don't have to buy it. They onlyworried about the value of their shoe goin down, and to me that ain't a real shoehead. If u worried more about the value of the kicks more than what theshoes mean and represent to u, then u're more of an investor than a sneakahead...

They've been falling off for some time now, you can't just be realizing this?

Originally Posted by B Fresco

I also agree with Harm that these so called purists need to #@+*. If they don't like the retro they don't have to buy it. They only worried about the value of their shoe goin down, and to me that ain't a real shoehead. If u worried more about the value of the kicks more than what the shoes mean and represent to u, then u're more of an investor than a sneakahead...
not worried about the value of the shoe going down homie, bcuz i rock everything and resell nothing lol...i mean i wouldn't mind rebuying ashoe if they brought it out right....it just seems as if jb and nike wanna make what folks ask for but then go half#^$ with it....dig me?

Jordan Brand, just give me the Cool Grey XI Mids one last time. Mine look so terrible. I've got a credit card just waiting for that day.

I'm done with JB except for the only things I'm on the hunt for is the cg vi's and the True blue IIIs(looks like they re re releasing)

^So then u ain't REALLY done... are u?

Ju, I feel you... It's obvious JB lacks consistency in the quality department, but like tactus said that's our fault for lettin them slide and notdemanding better... All I'm saying is if I have a chance to get a shoe the second time around when I didn't originally, then I'm all for it...Especially if the cop is easy and at retail....

Just some real s@*t here I wanna say...

- Jordan Brand and Nike killed the game SOOOOO badly from 84 - 1999, the companies can literally just retrograde what they did those years, and be a MEGAprofitable company, fooooorrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvver. That's unheard of in business, but I argue its true for Nike and Jordan Brand. Just think...14 years later, lil' Penny is about to be as popular as ever... promoting a guy that had 3.5 good/great seasons in the league TOPS. Brillance jo.

- Jordan Brand has NO ONE from the "streets" or the "hood" on board (that I know of at least). So, they have no real concept of(2pac/Makaveli bootleg) "street fame" and what is consistently hot in the streets. They could have 2-4 guys making 45k up there, just starting offand getting their foots in the door, but why, when Niketalk is free of charge for ultimate influence, and people buy the jumpman symbol anyway...

- And, just from a corporate standpoint, everyone is doing and saying what needs to be done and said to not only keep their jobs, but to move up. So, even ifa colorway does "suck" on an original model, I doubt there is no one but 2-3 people who could get away with saying it... Especially since, profitsdon't lie. Hard to say something sucks when that $$$ says otherwise.

I can go on forever, but..........

I'm hungry.

Holla.

It sin't ever going to fall off, but yeah I agree too many are coming out too fast...

Many people that have been big fans of Nike/Jordan for years are looking at these new "color schemes" and designs with ignorant eyes. Nike becamesuch a huge hit because they were doing stuff no one had ever done back in the early days, and they are doing the same thing now. They are trying to build afollowing from the younger audience the same way they did with the "old heads" when they were the same age, by thinking outside of the box andbringing stuff that's unprecedented in the marketplace. While you may not like that for every retro OG colorway brought back, there's three or fourscheme you don't like, you have to understand that for every you, there's three or four young consumers who don't want a white, red and black shoe.They want something that makes them stick out and makes them different from their peers. Nike's ability to reinvent itself while still remaining attractiveto its original audience is unprecedented and will never be surpassed.

i hear u DK....some of the new colorways are cool...but sometimes its just like come on...LOL! but i feel u bcuz a lot of coveted joints from before werecolorways that sat for a while....like olive 9s, cherrywood 16s, mocha 3s....so i can dig that....but i just cant see folks loosing it over some jordan fusion5s in 8 years....nor do i see somebody going wild over those wack olympic 6s from the other summer.....its a few that will last thru time and become soughtafter but a lot of these joints are gonna fade IMO.....

But see if they can create a customer base that likes these newest ones, then people will be in the same situation down the road.

and thats what they are hoping for....I hear ya...I know somebody who cops EVERYTHING jordan puts out just because he says u never know whats gonna b the nextclassic everybody is after down the line....its somewhat true I guess, I just can't get with it this time around...at least not so far....i have grabbedsome joints here and there but to me it's just a little different....

Back
Top Bottom