Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

I got a pair recently. Looked good bit smelled like strong chemicals so I don't wear em much. Has that happened to anyone else?

I got a pair recently. Looked good bit smelled like strong chemicals so I don't wear em much. Has that happened to anyone else?

If they smelled kinda like paint/paint thinner it usually meant they were fake. Not saying yours are, just in general.

If they smelled kinda like paint/paint thinner it usually meant they were fake. Not saying yours are, just in general.

Nope not true. My SBBs smelled just like that right out of the box when I picked them up from kicks usa. My bred AJKOs smelled the same

Nope not true. My SBBs smelled just like that right out of the box when I picked them up from kicks usa. My bred AJKOs smelled the same

Really? Okay maybe I'm mistaken. I've never had any smell like anything but that new smell. Why do they smell that way?

Really? Okay maybe I'm mistaken. I've never had any smell like anything but that new smell. Why do they smell that way?

Number of reasons. The different glues/epoxy, finishes, paints and dies they use on these shoes a few are bound to retain the factory scents

Both my pairs had a strong smell and im100% sure their authentic, i bought them myself from kicks. If your really worried about the smell take them out of the box and let them just sit out in your house for a couple days and it will be less noticable.

Last edited:
Maybe one day I'll luck up on a pair of SBBs for a decent price. At least I got 1 pear of Chicagos. And even if I strike out on da UNCs..I still have my Chiraqs to ease da pain

Both my pairs had a strong smell and im100% sure their authentic, i bought them myself from kicks. If your really worried about the smell take them out of the box and let them just sit out in your house for a couple days and it will be less noticable.

I picked up a pair at sneaker con in detroit and had them legit checked just to be sure there were a few others in line with SBB and the guy at the table was smelling them all im sure the smell is nothing to be concerned with

good deal on iss for a sz10 ds for I believe $285 shipped sucks i paid 350 for my pair
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom