Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

The shoe itself is nice

The material blows

Am I gonna cry about it? No.

I'm not pleased but all it costs is $160 so I won't lose sleep over it. I'll wear em, if not they can rot in the box or get sold and make some money maybe.

It's not that serious but again I don't care for tumbled on OG 1s. Not gonna make me abandon the shoe entirely, I'm just not 100% pleased

Consider myself a "purist" don't want the tumble on there really don't, then let me be a hypocrite and say my feet are tied to the pedal on remastered royals...
No choice

Tumbled leather or not, I will still be trying to get my pair or two depending on the budget.

JB technically hasn't gotten the 1s right since they first released. Every release after has either used slightly different materials on some panel(s), been a different cut (heigh), or had an altered shape. This release is no different. 

Maybe they'll get it right for the 50th or 100th year anniversary. 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
^^^that's the hope... until then in the meantime I'll have these (still haven't found 1985 in right condition, if so no retro will be purchased lol) so when and if the smooth happens later I'll buy those as well

There are some confused souls in here. If the shoe is wack and ugly or ruined by tumbled leather, take the stand against it and don't buy. That's the only way JB will listen (assuming those that hate it are the majority). Personally, I couldn't care less about tumbled leather. Shade of color, and original branding are more important to me.

There are some confused souls in here. If the shoe is wack and ugly or ruined by tumbled leather, take the stand against it and don't buy. That's the only way JB will listen (assuming those that hate it are the majority). Personally, I couldn't care less about tumbled leather. Shade of color, and original branding are more important to me.

Yeah there's truth to that and you're right... I just personally love the remaster mold/shape/correct branding and that's enough for me... "accepting" tumbled when you don't want it IS foul, but all things considered I'm happy with the black and red remaster and these look to be essentially royal blue bred's, I'll make due and enjoy again until and when a superior version happens, no harm no foul

Yeah there's truth to that and you're right... I just personally love the remaster mold/shape/correct branding and that's enough for me... "accepting" tumbled when you don't want it IS foul, but all things considered I'm happy with the black and red remaster and these look to be essentially royal blue bred's, I'll make due and enjoy again until and when a superior version happens, no harm no foul
Same here. The remaster versions of the 1's have been great. Quite comfy as well (considering it's a 1). Prior releases not so much.

Yeah man pretty sure I haven't taken the Chicagos off in like 4 days... forgot I had em on... which is the best attribute a shoe can have

I hope they make nubuck royals next! Sign me up for multiples. Maybe they'll make royals with light up soles, that would be sweet.

Kidding.

Straight up royals for this guy or I'll ride the bench.

Those pics look legit if you compare them to the Banneds from last September. But then again my pair looks fake and it's straight from Nike :lol:

I already know I won´t be able to try instore and most likely not even online on April 1st.. bummer.

Big difference in "I don't like the tumble" but I'm gonna cop anyway and "They're ugly and wack" but I'm gonna cop anyway which I find hilarious.
laugh.gif
This I agree with.. by no means are they ugly.. I was just calling JB out on their pointless change.

I'm with those who are thinking these are no bueno. As subtle as it is, the tumble just don't look right on these. Looking like some generic Dunk Hi's.

Shrug.

Like I said....dudes so thirsty for Royals, they'll take anything at this point. They could make them mid cut and it wouldn't matter to some of y'all at this point. Rip the bandages off and let those 2013 scars heal guys :lol:

It's honestly a pretty silly thing to complain about considering if they released in true 100% OG form, people will still whine that the OG model is not worth **** anymore.

It's honestly a pretty silly thing to complain about considering if they released in true 100% OG form, people will still whine that the OG model is not worth **** anymore.

That philosophy never meant much to me anyway, a shoes value was never the deciding factor in wether I liked them or not. That's for "collectors"

It ain't even that but people will still find reasons to complain about something regardless of how close they get it. That's why I don't care about these having the "tumbled" look. It literally looks like the same exact shoe with it which is why it doesn't bother me

could be worse. They could of made the blue panels micro perforated like the upcoming white & black pairs.

I can't answer that hopefully they aren't too bad. I just hope Nike doesn't decide to do the Draw for these like the Black/reds last year. I got lucky on those but I don't wanna go through that again

These look good to me.This release is not a troll job by Nike/jb.When they troll,its very obvious.The Black Metallic 5 release before last was a huge troll job.They put the ashy material on those.Then the last release they put the correct material+Nike Air on the back.Not sure which year.But even the 05-08 5 release had the correct material.Nike/jb has been trolling hard body with the Last couple of Black/infrared 6 releases.They knew most would eat it up with that horrible ashy material.Even the last release was a hack job.They improved them by a little.The next release most likely will be correct.The next Black/infrared 6 release will have the last Metallic 5 material with Nike Air on the back.It will be a come up for those who waited like me with patients.I said all of that to say this.This Royal 1 is not a troll job.Them releasing it with paten leather,or suede,or with rare air over branding wouldve been a troll job.And most of yall wouldve still spent yalls money on it because of thirst.Not because yall really liked them.This release will be a problem just like Black/Reds.Because we all know these wont be released in this form for a very long time after this.

Back
Top Bottom