Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

After wearing them and breaking them in how do you guys rate the quality of the royals against the breds? i felt the breds got a lot softer and better with each wear. the royals to me i don't feel as quality.. but i haven't worn them enough. any one wear them daily that can speak on it?

I definitely agree. These aren't bad, at least it isn't that plasticky leather but they could have been a little softer. The Banned are overall better quality. Especially comparing them in hand side to side. I'm going to continue rocking my '01 pair

I agree with both of ya'll. I know to many it seems like the exact same shoe but banneds are definitely better. I thought I was tripping at first but I just find the banneds for comfortable and the leather is all around slightly softer.

yo how do you keep your tongue from going sideways havent worn mine yet but all my others 1s end up having the tongue get all crooked from one wear

I lace my sneaks through the tongue loops like in this video @ 00:40. The tongue will still shift but not as much in my experience. Usually depends on how centered you have the tongue when you tie them.

Last edited:
Some of y'all need to stop. The Royals and Breds are the exact same. To me any belief otherwise is just ones own delusional opinion. Certainly not a fact.

Last edited:
Some of y'all need to stop. The Royals and Breds are the exact same. To me any belief otherwise is just ones own delusional opinion.
ehh, both of my royals have noticable texture differences and scratches on the leather whereas my blk/red do not. Using your personal pairs to call other people delusional is a stretch, I'm just not on here constantly complaining because I realize these are cheaply made, mass produced shoes and I think they are both ugly so I have no intention of wearing any of them 
laugh.gif
 with that being said you could have perfect pairs then the next man could have garbage ones, its one of those YMMV situations.

ehh, both of my royals have noticable texture differences and scratches on the leather whereas my blk/red do not. Using your personal pairs to call other people delusional is a stretch, I'm just not on here constantly complaining because I realize these are cheaply made, mass produced shoes and I think they are both ugly so I have no intention of wearing any of them :lol:  with that being said you could have perfect pairs then the next man could have garbage ones, its one of those YMMV situations.

Yeah but Breds had those same issues. Just less amount of it because they obviously made a lesser amount of breds than royals. Mass produced shoes will have massed produced problems. But those materials used? Oh those are the same. Craftsmanship and QC may not have been the same but the materials used definitely are.

I guess its just more prevalent with more pairs out there. I honestly hate the tumbled crap, wish they were just made like Chicagos.

Some of y'all need to stop. The Royals and Breds are the exact same. To me any belief otherwise is just ones own delusional opinion. Certainly not a fact.

1's vary in look and texture from pair to pair, even in the same colorway. So it's very possible that someone could have a pair of Royals better constructed than a Bred and vice versa. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be that way across the board.

1's vary in look and texture from pair to pair, even in the same colorway. So it's very possible that someone could have a pair of Royals better constructed than a Bred and vice versa. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be that way across the board.
QFT.

Yes I do wash my clothes, they're tapered tho, but no to jeggings.

Last edited:
Your suppose to wash denim less frequently. And let them hang dry when you do to keep color and shape. But its yall money do what you want with it.

Back
Top Bottom