Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

IMG_20180731_205038.jpg
IMG_20180731_205112.jpg

Just got my pair in from SNKRS. A little disappointed in my pair cause theres a horizontal crease line across one of the toe boxes. Overall craftmanship also feels cheap and sloppy. This feels like one of those GR shoes that'll be associated with a lot of flaws. The tongue and toe boxes are tumbled too, so I can imagine theres going to be some pairs out there with the " one shoe tumbled the other not" type of thing. I'll probably find a better pair on Saturday to switch out and return this one. That's the only good part about copping on day 1, you can kind of search and hunt for a good pair. With all that said, I'm still debating of doubling up cause its such a classic shoe that brings back plenty of memories.

Feel free to send them to me if they’re a size 11

If we’re talking OG build like when they released, my top 3 in order is Playoff 13/Bred 13/HGG. Bred 13s lost some love past few years bc the shape has been off and the 3M aside panel has looked cheap

Playoff 13 >

I'll try for a pair of HGG but won't ruin my day if I don't get a pair.

kind of sad seeing all these hypebeast sellers desperately try to sell these using the “he got game” nickname

by the way that title did not age well. sounds like something a thot would tell her friend about guy who sweet talked her

Just got my pair in from SNKRS. A little disappointed in my pair cause theres a horizontal crease line across one of the toe boxes. Overall craftmanship also feels cheap and sloppy. This feels like one of those GR shoes that'll be associated with a lot of flaws.

I've seen this movie before, it's called the True Blue 3's.

Wow, doesn’t seem anyone’s doing any raffles for these.. I guess they have plenty and/or don’t expect em to move as quick. They moved well last time and held a pretty high resale up until news of another release. Personally, I think I’d put em over the blk/red.

Tried this a few years ago, Nike and JB are excluded.

I live in Houston too. It’s not that Nike and JB are excluded, it’s that no sales tax is excluded from single clothing items that individually cost more than $100.

kind of sad seeing all these hypebeast sellers desperately try to sell these using the “he got game” nickname

by the way that title did not age well. sounds like something a thot would tell her friend about guy who sweet talked her
These shoes never got their claim to fame because of that movie. As much as I like that movie, I have never associated that release with it. The shoes were relevant because of Jordan himself playing in them on TV. Along with his commercials. Just my perspective.

These shoes never got their claim to fame because of that movie. As much as I like that movie, I have never associated that release with it. The shoes were relevant because of Jordan himself playing in them on TV. Along with his commercials. Just my perspective.
Agreed.

I can't speak for those younger than me, but I remember the original release as well as when He Got Game came out. I don't think I would've ever thought to nickname them HGG, but I did always think of them whenever I think of or watch the movie though, even from when the movie first came out. I guess that's just me though.

first time they debuted on something other than mj was on the wayans brothers. hector camacho episode. episode aired in december 1997 or january 1998. marlon wore them the whole episode. shawn wore them when they were training and the super cb during the fight

looked funny seeing both of them wearing them at the same time

Last edited:
first time they debuted on something other than mj was on the wayans brothers. hector camacho episode. episode aired in december 1997 or january 1998. marlon wore them the whole episode. shawn wore them when they were training and the super cb during the fight

looked funny seeing both of them wearing them at the same time

Wayans Brothers 13s does have a nice ring to it

Back
Top Bottom