Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

People complain about a all leather OG Air Jordan with Nike AIR on the heel for 220 but pay 220 for a shoe made of 100% yarn. I'm blessed to the point where price doesn't bother me so I pretty much get everything I want but it's idiotic that any of the OG Retros sat because of price when folks pair resale prices when they miss out on other releases.

Maroon 6s are grail status

Boost shoes are higher priced because of the newer tech... I'm not saying it is right because the materials are probably still pretty inexpensive but only Adidas makes Boost so they have a monopoly on that-almost every sneaker producer uses leather in the vast majority of their shoes so leather quality is often compared across the board.

As for resale prices, a lot of limited releases ostensibly are aspirational products as they will sellout at retail and influencers on social media and resellers will hype up the product on the secondary market. Hard to do that when anyone can easily attain a release for retail.

People complain about a all leather OG Air Jordan with Nike AIR on the heel for 220 but pay 220 for a shoe made of 100% yarn. I'm blessed to the point where price doesn't bother me so I pretty much get everything I want but it's idiotic that any of the OG Retros sat because of price when folks pair resale prices when they miss out on other releases.

Maroon 6s are grail status

maroons have just as much synthetics as leather

That was the biggest let down about the Maroons. Why in the hell did they use so much synthetic on them. Curious if the OG used synthetics. Love the shoe and colorway so much, but they really cut corners on this one. Especially considering the price hike.

i had og sport blues and the leather was not like the maroons. the ankle bubble was soft too and not hard like the maroons

Between sport blues and maroons can anyone describe to me what the quality is like. I want both, honestly.

I have all the 2014 OG 6s (except Carmines because I somehow took an L) + 2015 Maroons and I can honestly say Maroons are higher quality but not significantly more (esp. for the $220 price). The weirdest thing about Maroons is the off-white upper, I'm not sure if the OGs were this color or not.

I have all the 2014 OG 6s (except Carmines because I somehow took an L) + 2015 Maroons and I can honestly say Maroons are higher quality but not significantly more (esp. for the $220 price). The weirdest thing about Maroons is the off-white upper, I'm not sure if the OGs were this color or not.

OG's were off white, it's about the only thing they got right on the retro hah.

They flipped it. The og maroon had an offwhite sole with a white upper. Idk why nike likes flipping things on 6s so much. Olympics were flipped. The reverse infrared samples. Im sure there's a few more but the 2 are the most notable.

Last edited:
Boost shoes are higher priced because of the newer tech... I'm not saying it is right because the materials are probably still pretty inexpensive but only Adidas makes Boost so they have a monopoly on that-almost every sneaker producer uses leather in the vast majority of their shoes so leather quality is often compared across the board.

As for resale prices, a lot of limited releases ostensibly are aspirational products as they will sellout at retail and influencers on social media and resellers will hype up the product on the secondary market. Hard to do that when anyone can easily attain a release for retail.

What new tech? Boost is simply foam in small balls formed together. Don't be fooled by the "limited NASA" talk adidas spit out. Cause they have pairs at the outlet for 30-40 each with boost.

What new tech? Boost is simply foam in small balls formed together. Don't be fooled by the "limited NASA" talk adidas spit out. Cause they have pairs at the outlet for 30-40 each with boost.

My point was there is no competing tech (not counting knockoffs). Boost was also created in 2013 so it is new tech.

My point was there is no competing tech (not counting knockoffs). Boost was also created in 2013 so it is new tech.

Yeah by comparison to Jordan retros they are new but that's not why people buy them...either of them. I'm old school. While I do own a couple pair of Yeezy Boost. I prefer Nike Retros over anything. Even over most of Nike's new tech

Actually adidas marketing is full of crap. They already had compressed foam balls at the heel with the ZX 8000 and 9000 from 1989.

BASF has worked with adidas for a very long time just not advertised like now. The current form of Boost was originally made for Puma back in the late 2000's but the deal fell thru so they took the idea to adidas.

Last edited:
didnt nike have a chance to buy the rights to boost at some point?

Yeah by comparison to Jordan retros they are new but that's not why people buy them...either of them. I'm old school. While I do own a couple pair of Yeezy Boost. I prefer Nike Retros over anything. Even over most of Nike's new tech

As I said before, I don't necessarily agree with Adidas pricing model but they can push UBs at $180 a pair because they are simultaneously fashionable, have new tech (Boost + PK) and, most of all, are really comfortable.

People complain about retros because they are paying as high prices on many models but the materials are often subpar and the shoes are uncomfortable. This should be unacceptable on shoes that are $190+ retail.

Actually adidas marketing is full of crap. They already had compressed foam balls at the heel with the ZX 8000 and 9000 from 1989.

BASF has worked with adidas for a very long time just not advertised like now. The current form of Boost was originally made for Puma back in the late 2000's but the deal fell thru so they took the idea to adidas.

View media item 2410052

Isn't that basically how the visual OS was initially invented by Xerox and later used by Microsoft and Apple? Nobody talks about Xerox for inventing it, but everyone credits Microsoft and Apple for the tech.

View media item 2410052

Oh really. Good find

Back
Top Bottom