Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

The tongue bleeding on mine, didnt start until I started wearing them. They were DS until last year 17' btw. Had I known about the bleeding beforehand, it wouldnt affect my decision to buy this shoe again. I just would have taken different precautions, this was a pretty well done retro in OG colors, that I doubt we see again for a long time. I honestly thought we'd never see them in the first place.
these were a retro I always wanted to see and thought I never would as well. I'm glad they were mass produced. but, I agree that we may not see them for another 25, 30 years

Mine bled as I’m sure all do in the tongue area. Mine also had the exterior heel cup bubble on the outer portion of one shoe (maybe not enough glue)? Dope color way though, just wish my pairs overall build integrity was better.

Hopefully everyone hasnt left this thread yet. I want to buy these for my birthday tomorrow and wanted to know how your pairs are holding up? I've read stuff about paint chipping and now I'm kinda skeptical honestly. I really do want these but if it's gonna be chip city after one or two wears I'll pass.

Hopefully everyone hasnt left this thread yet. I want to buy these for my birthday tomorrow and wanted to know how your pairs are holding up? I've read stuff about paint chipping and now I'm kinda skeptical honestly. I really do want these but if it's gonna be chip city after one or two wears I'll pass.

Dont wear mine a ton, but I've experienced no paint chipping whatsoever it might just a quality control thing. The tongue bleeding however seems to be a common problem it's not a terrible bleed, but it will bug alot of people. Maybe someone has a remedy for it unfortunately I dont.

I'll post pics later when I get home.

Edit:
20180714_190219.jpg
20180714_190257.jpg
20180714_190311.jpg
20180714_190319.jpg
20180714_190347.jpg
20180714_190412.jpg
20180714_190442.jpg

As you can see forest hills forest hills my laces took the brunt of the bleeding (and the soles need a cleaning). These and the Metallic 5s are shoes people are going to regret passing on, especially since you can still get them around retail right now.

Last edited:
Dont wear mine a ton, but I've experienced no paint chipping whatsoever it might just a quality control thing. The tongue bleeding however seems to be a common problem it's not a terrible bleed, but it will bug alot of people. Maybe someone has a remedy for it unfortunately I dont.

I'll post pics later when I get home.

Edit:
20180714_190219.jpg
20180714_190257.jpg
20180714_190311.jpg
20180714_190319.jpg
20180714_190347.jpg
20180714_190412.jpg
20180714_190442.jpg

As you can see forest hills forest hills my laces took the brunt of the bleeding (and the soles need a cleaning). These and the Metallic 5s are shoes people are going to regret passing on, especially since you can still get them around retail right now.

Wow thank you so much! I always wanted these when I heard they were releasing and the fact that this was the first re-release since the original 1991 release, that only cemented my feelings. The bleeding isn't really an issue to me so I'll definitely be picking up a pair tomorrow!

Wow thank you so much! I always wanted these when I heard they were releasing and the fact that this was the first re-release since the original 1991 release, that only cemented my feelings. The bleeding isn't really an issue to me so I'll definitely be picking up a pair tomorrow!

No problem, I doubt we see this shoe in this form again for a long time. It was around 25 years until it got retro'd and I don't think it sold all that well, so I'd be shocked if JB retros this CW anytime soon.

coach js coach js they're probably just mad cus they're the ones who scuffed and chipped them.

Also forest hills forest hills the bleeding didnt start on my pair until I wore them. I'm assuming sweat might be the root of the problem. I always wear low cut socks, so maybe high cut socks would deter it.

No problem, I doubt we see this shoe in this form again for a long time. It was around 25 years until it got retro'd and I don't think it sold all that well, so I'd be shocked if JB retros this CW anytime soon.

coach js coach js they're probably just mad cus they're the ones who scuffed and chipped them.

Also forest hills forest hills the bleeding didnt start on my pair until I wore them. I'm assuming sweat might be the root of the problem. I always wear low cut socks, so maybe high cut socks would deter it.

Exactly. An underrated classic that got swept along by releases that are considered more popular by the masses. It'll be a shoe that many will forget about only to wish they hadn't when they see em again. At least imo. Most OG colorways are back in 4-8 years but these likely won't release again for double that amount of time. But I'll for sure look into some higher socks then if that's the case!

lol after reading about the 2015 retro
wondering why i bought em :lol:

just playing

mine are good. i think.

The Maroon VI has been over looked to due its color blocking and availability. They sat forever. I got mine on release day. With no regret at all. Maybe they just made a ton. Glad they did. Its def a classic Jordan for sure. The retro was not perfect, but it was pretty good overall.

I definitely think it's the colors (which is kinda weird, considering bordeaux Jordan's seem to do pretty well) it's hard af to find fits to wear with them, that's why mine dont get much play. They have they're flaws as all Jordands do, but like you said overall a good retro. Not sure if all are this way or not, but the leather on mine is top notch butter.

Finally got my pair in from goat today. Very happy to have picked these up as my first 6 and to have these to start off my OG 6 collection. From what I can tell the Maroon's were overlooked during the original 1991 release the same way they were overlooked in 2015 and in my opinion many people are going to regret passing on them down the road. I paid $250 only for my size to drop to $200 DS on goat literally a couple days after purchasing my pair. :lol:
Not even upset over it though. I'm completely content with my pair. Now onto the Black Infrareds! :evil:
20180724_190832_HDR.jpg
20180724_191338_HDR.jpg
20180724_191435_HDR.jpg
20180724_191506_HDR.jpg

And my humble Nike Air collection :blush:
20180724_192328_HDR.jpg

Grab some Cement 4s and a OG 1 and your about caught up. Looking good.
Somehow managed to score on the 2016 black toes but no 4's unfortunately. Not yet at least. White Cements are starting to get more and more expensive for a DS size 13 and with Black Cement 4's on the horizon (I think) I'll eventually circle back around to the white's as well as a few other pairs I missed. But thank you!

Finally got my pair in from goat today. Very happy to have picked these up as my first 6 and to have these to start off my OG 6 collection. From what I can tell the Maroon's were overlooked during the original 1991 release the same way they were overlooked in 2015 and in my opinion many people are going to regret passing on them down the road. I paid $250 only for my size to drop to $200 DS on goat literally a couple days after purchasing my pair. :lol:
Not even upset over it though. I'm completely content with my pair. Now onto the Black Infrareds! :evil:
20180724_190832_HDR.jpg
20180724_191338_HDR.jpg
20180724_191435_HDR.jpg
20180724_191506_HDR.jpg

And my humble Nike Air collection :blush:
20180724_192328_HDR.jpg

It’s not about the booty , it’s about the beauty:nthat: dope collection , man !

It’s not about the booty , it’s about the beauty:nthat: dope collection , man !
Of course. :smokin And thank you! Slowly building up my Nike Air collection one pair at a time. Don't know if I'll get the true blue 3's though. I heard mostly negative things about them, especially compared to this year's black cements.

Gonna pull the trigger on these very soon. Have a theory that warm weather contributes to the bleeding if any one can confirm or deny. I’d probably wear them ~3 times a year any how. These are def needed for appreciation of a simpler time in Nike’s history however.....can’t front I’ma stunt in the fall with them too. Got an ill *** turtle neck on some Johnny Quest **** ima break out with them :lol:

Foot sweat definitely contributes to the bleeding issue. Heat and too much sun exposure maybe. If these are a day to day shoe, the bleeding will probably occur more often. Once in a while type shoe, probably not. And your comment about simpler times is right on.

Back
Top Bottom