Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

Yup, once the market dries up again and DS pairs become scarce they'll rise. Not to $350 though :lol:

Remeber when those Varsity Red/Black 6's dropped & sat of shelfs in 2010? And we're $150 retail...... Well those same ones nobody wanted because of the crazy suede/nubuck go for $400 plus on eBay DS.

I recently picked up the 2010 White Varsity 6 DS for $230 shipped. And the Black Varsity 6 for $325 shipped & thought that was a STEAL. I wanted the black ones BADLY so someone's price to is what they are willing to pay. Granted they are 5 years old & have the superior material and craft compared to a 2014 Jordan.

So you never know......

Last edited:
Yup, once the market dries up again and DS pairs become scarce they'll rise. Not to $350 though :lol:

Remeber when those Varsity Red/Black 6's dropped & sat of shelfs in 2010? And we're $150 retail...... Well those same ones nobody wanted because of the crazy suede/nubuck go for $400 plus on eBay DS.

I recently picked up the 2010 White Varsity 6 DS for $230 shipped. And the Black Varsity 6 for $325 shipped & thought that was a STEAL. I wanted the black ones BADLY so someone's price to is what they are willing to pay. Granted they are 5 years old & have the superior material and craft compared to a 2014 Jordan.

So you never know......
Those black varsitys did not have superior quality to last years

What!? I own both, the cut of the 2014 is VERY boxy compared to the 2010. The nubuck on the 2010 imo is vastly superior even though it's not OG. The paint, is miles better. Have you seen how thin the 2014 toungue is compared to the 2010? It's like missing the entire foam padding. The 2014 version is solid for JB. But the 2010 BLOWS them away. It's not even close. Just the fact how boxy the 2014 is compared to the aerodynamics of the 2010 makes it not even close.

Last edited:

What!? I own both, the cut of the 2014 is VERY boxy compared to the 2010. The nubuck on the 2010 imo is vastly superior even though it's not OG. The paint, is miles better. Have you seen how thin the 2014 toungue is compared to the 2010? It's like missing the entire foam padding. The 2014 version is solid for JB. But the 2010 BLOWS them away. It's not even close. Just the fact how boxy the 2014 is compared to the aerodynamics of the 2010 makes it not even close.
that ashy nappy *** suede was garbage

View media item 1430108

Last edited:
that ashy nappy *** suede was garbage
That is why they sat on shelfs because people weren't feeling the suede/nubuck in 2010. Which i can understand because its not OG but all versions are missing something OG. But i like both the 2010 and the 2014 version. With a proper suede brush the 2010 model cleans up nice. I personally actually like the White/Varsity model more after getting them in my hand compared to the blk/varsity. The leather is VERY nice compared to what i have gotten recently from Jordan. But some like the more rigid leather, some like the soft leather, its all opinion. 

One thing that drives me up the WALL about the 2014 version of the 6 is compared to the 2010, 2000 and OG is the VASTLY smaller heel pods. You can tell without even having a 2010 or 2000 etc next to it. When you put them together, you can really see how more aerodynamic even the 2010 is, more like the fighter jet. But thats Jordan brand now of days, gotta take when you can get!

But those 2010 Varsity/Blk are EASILY going for $350 plus new, and $200-$250 used. Just seen a used pair with paint cracks sell for $230 today. 

Last edited:

That is why they sat on shelfs because people weren't feeling the suede/nubuck in 2010. Which i can understand because its not OG but all versions are missing something OG. But i like both the 2010 and the 2014 version. With a proper suede brush the 2010 model cleans up nice. I personally actually like the White/Varsity model more after getting them in my hand compared to the blk/varsity. The leather is VERY nice compared to what i have gotten recently from Jordan. But some like the more rigid leather, some like the soft leather, its all opinion. 

One thing that drives me up the WALL about the 2014 version of the 6 is compared to the 2010, 2000 and OG is the VASTLY smaller heel pods. You can tell without even having a 2010 or 2000 etc next to it. When you put them together, you can really see how more aerodynamic even the 2010 is, more like the fighter jet. But thats Jordan brand now of days, gotta take when you can get!

But those 2010 Varsity/Blk are EASILY going for $350 plus new, and $200-$250 used. Just seen a used pair with paint cracks sell for $230 today. 
only because that's the pair kanye wore. they would be much cheaper if he never touched the shoe. period.

only because that's the pair kanye wore. they would be much cheaper if he never touched the shoe. period.
I will agree with that, i actually didn't know he wore them until i googled pictures of them and oddly he pops up lol. I have a love hate thing with them. I am 31 and have been wearing Jordan's since 1990 my first pair of the OG Grape 5's. So i ALWAYS want a OG shoe. But when i got them in hand i did really like the Varsity color. Now the material is "different" but they look a "tad" more dress casual compared to the 2014 with the 3M & infrared. A little more "grown man" i guess you could say or a good fall season Jordan. 

That said i would take and wear the 2000 first retro if it was "wearable". But i am not willing to pay top dollar and have them fall apart on me. And since i started re-buying J's i buy them to wear, not for display. 

But after i got the Varsity/White leather version in hand i LOVE THOSE. SO aerodynamic compared to my 2014 Sport blue, and 2014 infrared. And man.... those bulging heel pods on the 2010 compared to the 2014. But that is the beauty rock what you like not what's popular. I wore my 2010 Varsity Red/White to the mall the other day with the wife & got SO many compliments on them by the young heads. They had no idea when they came out lol. 

I will agree with that, i actually didn't know he wore them until i googled pictures of them and oddly he pops up lol. I have a love hate thing with them. I am 31 and have been wearing Jordan's since 1990 my first pair of the OG Grape 5's. So i ALWAYS want a OG shoe. But when i got them in hand i did really like the Varsity color. Now the material is "different" but they look a "tad" more dress casual compared to the 2014 with the 3M & infrared. A little more "grown man" i guess you could say or a good fall season Jordan. 

That said i would take and wear the 2000 first retro if it was "wearable". But i am not willing to pay top dollar and have them fall apart on me. And since i started re-buying J's i buy them to wear, not for display. 

But after i got the Varsity/White leather version in hand i LOVE THOSE. SO aerodynamic compared to my 2014 Sport blue, and 2014 infrared. And man.... those bulging heel pods on the 2010 compared to the 2014. But that is the beauty rock what you like not what's popular. I wore my 2010 Varsity Red/White to the mall the other day with the wife & got SO many compliments on them by the young heads. They had no idea when they came out lol. 
I feel you. I always thought they were still decent, but I passed back then because I didn't used to go for so many clear soles. passed on the pack as well. the thing I actually regret passing on though is the oreo 6s. the speckles turned me away back then but now I actually love them.
frown.gif

Dude, Sport blue 3's shipped to PA for $150 via Dope lol? I passed on these, i might have to grab them at this price lol

Had these in my cart last night for like 3 hours going back and forth with myself on if I should grab and of course wen i just said f it I go to checkout and they took em down outta nowhere smh.

Talking about the black toe 14s in the SB 6 thread SEMI random. But guess what? I got the extra change now so I just copped. Couldn't cuz of priorities on RD. Repped my man

Not a huge fan of the 14s now that I'm older. But had the OG candy canes as a kid, would maybe pick those up one day. But man, good pickup for those who were looking. Definitely a clean shoe, at RETAIL! Kudos! I noticed they Sport Blue 6's were gone too. I almost bought the Sport Blue 3's but after watching vids the quality seemed to be sketchy.

Not a huge fan of the 14s now that I'm older. But had the OG candy canes as a kid, would maybe pick those up one day. But man, good pickup for those who were looking. Definitely a clean shoe, at RETAIL! Kudos! I noticed they Sport Blue 6's were gone too. I almost bought the Sport Blue 3's but after watching vids the quality seemed to be sketchy.
I had black toes as a kid so they hold a special place for me along with the last shot 14s. It's actually under retail with shipping. I think it was $163 and change charged for me

I had black toes as a kid so they hold a special place for me along with the last shot 14s. It's actually under retail with shipping. I think it was $163 and change charged for me
I can understand that completely. Nostalgia trumps everything. I get the same feeling with the infrared 6's. $163 is a GREAT DEAL!

Back
Top Bottom