Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

because they werent around before JB launched, so for them there is no association to Nike.

asking them if the Kobe or lebron got a "brand" at Nike if they're shoes would no longer be Nike's usually puts things into perspective for them.

Last edited:
It's just a generational thing - for older heads like me that were buying all these kicks when they originally came out in the 80s and 90s, it's just common knowledge for us because we actually remember the transition from the swoosh to the jumpman. The new school has never known any different...

Javy

^^ They had the following RDs:
sport blue 6 - 8/30
black toe 14 - 9/20
black/blue III - 8/16
silver/blue 14 - 8/2
:nerd:

AIR J XIII and JsonMyFeetz are spot on here.  I've said this before and I'll say it again... Do a little research, and actually read Nike's annual report and financial statements... I'll even give you the link:

http://investors.nikeinc.com/Invest...tails/2013/2013-Investor-Meeting/default.aspx

If you read through the presentations, you'll see that Jordan is a BRAND that is wholly owned by Nike - it's not a separate company, nor has it ever been.  Nike created Jordan Brand as a wholly owned subsidiary, and thereby has complete control and ownership.  There are no "copyright" or "licensing" issues between the two.  Nike owns the Jordan brand (just as it owns Converse, Hurley, Umbro and some other brands) - it is NOT a separate company.

Javy
I still can't understand how hard it is for people to comprehend that lol
well why dont they slap nike air on the shoe as a sign that they are partner ship with Jordan

well why dont they slap nike air on the shoe as a sign that they are partner ship with Jordan
The BS answer that I remember was something along the lines that Gentry wanted to 'protect' the OG collectors to differentiate the originals vs the retros. I call bull though. In my opinion, they need to go back to what they did in the late 90's early 00's and slap the Nike Air logo on original colors only and save the jordan symbol for retro + colorways. So tired of seeing the jumpman on shoes that should have the NA logo [emoji]128554[/emoji].

If you weren't around and buying Jordans when they had "nike air" on them, then they're not for you. You now get retros, enjoy them.

These will be doubled at worst no matter what. I waited a long time for this.

Last edited:
If you weren't around and buying Jordans when they had "nike air" on them, then they're not for you. You now get retros, enjoy them.

I feel you but not everyone was into Jordan's at that time. The first Jordan's I had were the Jordan xii flu games, because I was gang bangin I wore dopemans better known as nike cortez, la gears, bk's, and chuck taylors. couldn't afford Jordan's.

But to the younger heads, most wasn't born when Jordan's were coming out, like your sig. since I'm an OG from the streets, and I use OG when talking about original shoes just use to it

Most likely to appease michael jordans ego and make him feel like he owns his own company.

It really is the equivalent of somebody who forgot where they came from.

Its pretty funny considering every jordan brand box has nike air and the swoosh on the bottom of the box.

Whats the most ******ed thing about the nike air/jumpman thing is the ******ed jumpman air. Like are they stupid? If you gonna replace nike air why not just put a jumpman instead?

Why on the iv and v you can just put a jumpman but on the iii and vi you put that stupid looking jumpman air?

A jumpman is much cleaner than jumpman air design wise

Back
Top Bottom